• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dicks Sporting Goods Now Matches Online Prices For Ammo

Think they'll match TSUSA Prime pricing? Not gonna go ask, nor would I buy if they would, just curious how far they'll actually go...

I'd say its worth a try. I have never shopped at dicks and probably never will even with this policy, but have no problem with people using this against their commie asses.

I see no problem with this so long as you can find online prices so low that Dicks is selling it below cost, therefore losing money and inventory. Every sale fvcks them over a little bit. You get cheap boolits, they continue to sink. Win win.
I can’t agree with this, “no sale” would hurt them even more, so why give them anything after they showed their ass to every gun owning sportsman in the country just for some political back slapping? from a bunch of commie bastards who hate America?
I'm pretty sure Peicemaker has this right. Selling below cost means they're losing money. If you buy me a 30 pack of Bud and I give you $10, I screwed you over. "No sale" > "Sale" in that situation.

Sometimes companies sell high-profile items for below cost as a promotion to get people in the door, so they'll make money selling them other stuff. But we wouldn't buy anything else, because we're trying to f*** them.

The hole in this is that I doubt any online store lists ammo for below cost, never mind so low that it would actually hurt Dick's. But, with a bit of creativity.... https://squareup.com/online-store.

I'd say its worth a try. I have never shopped at dicks and probably never will even with this policy, but have no problem with people using this against their commie asses.

You really think TSUSA sells at a loss so if we get Dicks' to price-match they'll sell at a loss???

Better idea: Just avoid Dick's. Completely. Don't even bother to go in there for 4 boxes of 9mm to save 8c and think you are getting one over on them. It isn't worth the effort. Just don't shop there. At all. For anything. Encourage your friends to do likewise. They'll be gone in 2 years.

Even if Dick's sells at loss, they recuperate some money, to spend on the anti-2A lobbyists. I would not help Dick's at all, make them lose!

Not interested in doing business with them. Buy it cheap and stack it deep from TSUSA. If you need ammo locally just bite the bullet (ha) and pay a little more.

I see no problem with this so long as you can find online prices so low that Dicks is selling it below cost, therefore losing money and inventory. Every sale fvcks them over a little bit. You get cheap boolits, they continue to sink. Win win.

I'm pretty sure Peicemaker has this right. Selling below cost means they're losing money. If you buy me a 30 pack of Bud and I give you $10, I screwed you over. "No sale" > "Sale" in that situation..

Find me a price online for anything that a major retailer can’t buy for a better price.

Just staying out of Dicks is better than anything else.

You really think TSUSA sells at a loss so if we get Dicks' to price-match they'll sell at a loss???

Better idea: Just avoid Dick's. Completely. Don't even bother to go in there for 4 boxes of 9mm to save 8c and think you are getting one over on them. It isn't worth the effort. Just don't shop there. At all. For anything. Encourage your friends to do likewise. They'll be gone in 2 years.

I never specifically mentioned TSUSA. Nobody said Dick's policy is contingent on whether not the online retailer ships to the DPRM.

Hb9ui9L.jpg

Supporting a business who is anti-2A in order to save a few bucks, rather that pay a few bucks more to a pro 2A store, means one has placed money over 2A rights. If this is a standard practice then how do we save ourselves from ourselves.

Lol if it's just a price match it's not going to work. Dicks is probably buying in enough volume they're buying at the
"pickup off the loading dock" level type of contract pricing like WalMart is. So even if they match with (insert famous online vendor
here) they're certainly not going into the red on a box of ammo.

-Mike

Online ammo prices?? I didn't think you could buy ammo online in MA?

There's no law against shipping ammo directly to a properly licensed MA resident. For some it is too much trouble to bother. If you find one that will ship to MA, they will probably require you to fax or upload an image of your LTC as insurance against potential harassment from our AG's office. A different model is www.theshootingstore.com, which won't ship directly to you but allows you to order online (sometimes prices are OK, sometimes not) and splits revenue with a local dealer (FFL) that you choose from their network. Before I started reloading, I bought a bunch of ammo from them just because I would rather pick up the brand and type of ammo that I chose from B&K than go to various places to see what they had in stock.

Lol if it's just a price match it's not going to work. Dicks is probably buying in enough volume they're buying at the
"pickup off the loading dock" level type of contract pricing like WalMart is. So even if they match with (insert famous online vendor
here) they're certainly not going into the red on a box of ammo.

-Mike
margin on ammo is squat. Often target sports is better than wholesale.

There is a reason they call it "Dick's" and not Richard's. I'm waiting for the new stores you know Super Dicks, Big Dick's Outlet or Mega Dick's.

After Newtown they wanted to enter my LTC info in their computer for a ammo purchase when I asked why they said " it's the law".

I thanked them for being trend setters for our legislators left the ammo and haven't been back.

margin on ammo is squat. Often target sports is better than wholesale.

True, but Dicks, BPS/Cabelas, Walmart etc, are also buying at "better than wholesale". TS probably is too.

Wholesale = the shitty price smaller gun shops pay for their ammo. The bigs "beat wholesale" all the time. Hell I can drive to 3 or 4
gun shops in the northeast and beat "wholesale" because those shops are using buyers groups etc.

-Mike

I don't think that they'll actually go out of business. They'll stop selling guns and ammo since 2A supporters won't shop there, but the sally soccer moms, and team sports buyers and Crunchies (think kayaks) will keep shopping there.

I don't think that they'll actually go out of business. They'll stop selling guns and ammo since 2A supporters won't shop there, but the sally soccer moms, and team sports buyers and Crunchies (think kayaks) will keep shopping there.

Agree, but any one of those above groups with a shooter as a member is probably being influenced to shop elsewhere. I use to like their fishing and camping section, am a “crunchie” kayaker but will only enter their store to use the bathroom. I will never spend a cent in their store again. Dicks can EABOD.

Back
Top Bottom