• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dick's now hates FUDDs too.

I would rather burn my own guns than stand in line with a Fudd!
Those cowards will run at the first sight of danger!
Hell, I bet they would roll over every gun owner they know just to kiss ol captain's boots!
Lead you into the gas chambers while telling you that you have nothing to worry about!
I hate fudds worse than the anti's!

Get this through your thick head, your shotgun ain't the gun the 2nd amendment was written about!
I'd take a musket before your shotgun in any kind of stand off!
Fuc_u Fudd!

Had a conversation with an officer at a(unmentioned) gun club, hell of a nice guy but, then he said," I don't care if they do away with the 2nd amendment as long as thy grandfather you and me." That's what we're up against.
Out the club and the position he holds, Then see what the membership does about him.

Free market will take care of Dick's and their ilk . . . and your LGS too. Vote with your feet/dollars and spend them on who you want to support. Cheapest is not alway the best in your long term interest BTW. Use your head.

Same with $$$ for Comm2A, GOAL and <gasp> NRA.
Not the place to skinflint NES!

Had a conversation with an officer at a(unmentioned) gun club, hell of a nice guy but, then he said," I don't care if they do away with the 2nd amendment as long as thy grandfather you and me." That's what we're up against.

I assume when you say Officer, you mean Officer of the Club, not a Police Officer?
Some may assume you were talking about the Popo?

I got into a "spirited debate" a couple weekends ago when I was at the club shooting a few rounds with a new hunting shotgun I bought. He was talking a out the deals he's getting on target loads at dicks. I spoke my piece about dicks......he spoke his about how he doesn't have a ton of money
Iving on his fixed income and has to buy wherever he can for the cheapest sales........while toting a fairly new kreighoff around. 🙄

Sounds like the trap guys at my club.
Bunch of cheap fudds that lose thousands on buying and selling expensive O/Us but cant seem to scrape up a dollar for Trap or need to save money by making their own shells.

They will vote for Biden because “you only need a shotgun”.

Some of them used to buy at Dicks. Now im glad they cant anymore

Probably will be the fishing stuff next, I never bought anything gun related there but used to stock up on sabikis and certain odds and ends there, occasional rod+reel even - anti gun stuff turned myself and counterparts away completely, can't be alone in that and lots of us shoot+fish.. same with holiday shopping for others, don't step foot in there.

The fishing department has been in decline for years. First it was the fly fishing stuff then moving to the cheaper tackle and now stocking only the cheap stuff it is becoming like a Kmart.

The fishing department has been in decline for years. First it was the fly fishing stuff then moving to the cheaper tackle and now stocking only the cheap stuff it is becoming like a Kmart.
I took up fly fishing a couple of years ago, I understand why you don't see much of a support for the sport. It is a dedicated sport that requires a discipline and knowledge which in today's society barely exists. This is the same in the shooting sports.

In other words he's a mega skinflint
Maybe it's just me. Even before Dicks started all their nonsense, their ammo prices weren't even competitive and neither were their gun prices. So, I fail to see how this person is even saving money short of a massive shortage of ammo where that's the only place that even has it ala 2012.

Maybe it's just me, but even before Dicks started all their nonsense their ammo prices weren't even competitive and neither were their gun prices. So, I fail to see how this person is even saving money short of a massive shortage of ammo where that's the only place that even has it ala 2012.

Before all their anti BS people used to game the ammo stuff with the stupid coupons etc they sent out. Skinflints love thinking they're getting a deal from a coupon. [rofl] Also a lot of
clerks were notoriously bad there and would screw up ringing up ammo, often in the buyers favor... so a lot of flints probably bank on that, too.

-Mike

Before all their anti BS people used to game the ammo stuff with the stupid coupons etc they sent out. Skinflints love thinking they're getting a deal from a coupon. [rofl] Also a lot of
clerks were notoriously bad there and would screw up ringing up ammo, often in the buyers favor... so a lot of flints probably bank on that, too.

-Mike
Yeah, that's way too much effort and hoping they mess something up I value my time too much for their nonsense. Even for the massive "coupon discount" that is too much. Oh 10% off of your 500 round 115gr blazer brass that was $120 before getting the "discounted" price. Hard pass for me. But as you said they're megaflints and megaflints don't value their time or quality of a product versus seeing the dollar sign.

f*** Dick's, they sold out and are planning on soccer moms to keep profitable. I recently retired and would like to start fresh water fishing again but won't even enter Dick's. I guess that leaves Bass Pro for fishing gear. Any recommendations in the Leominster area?

For me the place was just someplace to wander around when my wife was in Michaels next door. (So the signs read “Michael’s dicks”)
They never had a good price, the ammo was usually a headache to get, like the clerk would be better off in golf stuff, and none of the guns were anything special. I much prefer to cruise the used counter for “wow” guns that just aren’t around anymore.

I still go in though. I’ve described my antics elsewhere, but I will say that the best reaction was saying to my kids in front of a group of shoppers (soccer mom types) “I’m so glad you know enough not to touch that needle you found in the bathroom and just told me, now let’s find the manager before someone gets hurt.”

Dick's pulled "assault weapons" first, then certain ammo. And some of the FUDDs seemed to think that was "okay" because they weren't affecting hunters. After all, they were just getting rid of the "bad stuff".

Just like any gun control platform, warm up that water with the frog in it until it boils - he won't notice if you do it slowly.

I bought ammo at dikz once. They scanned my LTC and the cashier couldn't tell me why. I called their corporate number and they would not tell me why. Never went back

Check their stock price. Down 50% in the last month! Bet the idiots that own stock, had those ARs that were destroyed, back? The market declined 35% vs Dicksukers 50%. Hey, what a great name for idiots that bought their stock: Dicksuckers.

Stick a fork in Dicks as It looks like Dicks is done. Schools will be a train wreck and kids sports will suffer an even worse fate over the next year.

I'm sure they can't survive a year and a half on next to no sales, pay the mall rent, move seasonal inventory, and make the creditor payments.

And unlike airlines .gov ain't gonna bail out made in China.

Back
Top Bottom