• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dick's is mulling getting out of hunting gear business

Flipping through Outside magazine skimmed an article about SJW moves that featured Dicks and Target, the CEOs almost admit F'in up. They didn't think the outrage would last, lolz. Target sales have been down since they went pro tranny with no recovery. Dicks expected gun owners would forget quickly and that hasn't happened. Keep up the good work boys, never forgive these companies for their treason. As much as possible, I haven't been to a Dicks since they went anti-black(guns) and limit my Walmart, Target, and Amazon shopping to as little as possible.

"Sales continue to be negatively impacted by double-digit declines in hunt and electronics," CFO Lee Belitsky said. "Specific to hunt, in addition to the strategic decisions we made regarding firearms earlier this year, the broader industry has decelerated and remains weak, as evidenced by most recent background-check data" for firearms purchases.

Dick's halted sales of assault-style weapons and raised the minimum purchase age for firearms to 21 in February following a mass shooting at a high school in Parkland, Florida, that killed 17 people.

I love the continued references to lower-than-normal background check rate lately in all the lame stream media. Too bad they don't really understand why. I'll bet sales have actually stayed pretty stable but there are more and more companies making a particular product now. ;)

Whenever I go to the mall in Seabrook, the much larger Walmart parking lot is always packed while the smaller Dick's lot has about 20 = 30 vehicles parked there. Half of them are probably employee vehicles.

tenor.gif

IIRC, Dick's is the last anchor store in Silver City Galleria. Talk about swirling the bowl. Yikes!

Bleep Dick's. They can suck it. I'm not sure I'd bargain-cave them when the have the GOOBS. Let this be a lesson to SJW CEO's.

After they get rid of hunting, any bets on how long until they decide the fishing and camping gear isn't too well for them either? They're not a direct crossover, but there is still some overlap with the demo. This going to create an image problem with the Fudds

Dicks basically caters to the school sports crowd, the under armor crowd and golfers. It will always be a commodity store for that crap, which will prevent it from experiencing any real growth. And reducing its coverage of outdoor activities - particularly through political statements - will only hasten its demise.

Genuine frontier gibberish, right there folks.

"Sales continue to be negatively impacted by double-digit declines in hunt and electronics," CFO Lee Belitsky said. "Specific to hunt, in addition to the strategic decisions we made regarding firearms earlier this year, the broader industry has decelerated and remains weak, as evidenced by most recent background-check data" for firearms purchases.

Going out of business sales are one of the great scams of all time. Prices are hiked up so that they can be lowered to "up to 70% off." Also, it's a liquidation company doing the sale, not the company. Even though the liquidation company staff might wear shirts with the logo of the company going out of business, they aren't representing that company. Plus, the liquidation houses bring is crap from other liquidated companies to sell along with the stuff from the store being liquidated. Plus, a lot of the stuff is sold "no refund, no exchange, no return", even if there are still other stores in the chain.

Anything good is gone before the doors open for the first day of the "going out of business" sale.

If it's a complete liquidation, you can get display cases, desks, and other store fixtures, but I don't know if the prices on those are any good.

All of that being said, feel free. :)

Are we allowed to boycott the boycott to get going-out-of-business bargains?

If it's a complete liquidation, you can get display cases, desks, and other store fixtures, but I don't know if the prices on those are any good.

The prices on these items are usually dirt cheap. They want someone to remove the stuff from the space, so they do not have to move it. Many years ago, I purchased a dozen display racks for $25 each. The street price on those same racks were $240 each. And, they were like new.

I'm doing my part to sink the bastards. It does not matter how conveniently located it is to me, or if I can purchase whatever for less money there. I will pay twice as much and drive twice as far and I will never set foot in there.
You're denying yourself the ineffable pleasure of
parking at their outside entrance
and using their store to access the mall.
Worth at least 2x the smug thrill if you come heavy.

ETA: And as their business implodes,
it will be easier and easier
to find a parking space near their door.

EVERYTHING at dicks is more expensive, which always puzzles me as to who the hell shops there in the first place

Not defending them...but not really. The ammo prices weren't bad on SALE, then you add your 20 dollar coupon and its the best around.

For instance, I don't have a lot of options where I live, local dealers stock almost nothing, I needed 5 boxes of 20 ga Hornady SST's, as I was an idiot and ran out of them and forgot a week before shotgun season. Didn't leave me much time. and Its really the only sabot my guns fire well, and I called around and checked 5 places somewhat near me....One box out of the 5 somewhat local stores and it was 13.99....

Cabelas had none, neither did WM. Had to go to Dicks.....they were on sale for 9.75 a box, I then whipped out a 20 dollar coupon. Got them for 8.00 a box. Which is the cheapest Ive ever bought them for. Hopefully that is less than what they paid for them and I'm helping them put themselves out of business. It will likely be my last purchase at Dicks.......

Last edited:
Four Seasons has better prices on ammo.

Not travelling there, it's not worth it for me in Central MA.

If I'm up in NH, and only if, Ill hit 619DW, or the multitude of other dealers along the way, tax free. I'll do this for reloading stuff too, because if one store doesn't have it the next 5 miles down will.

If not, I'm buying it online at Target, and for the most part, I roll my own anyway.

Genuine frontier gibberish, right there folks.

Yeah. It's like saying, "We cut sugar completely out of all of our foods. On a completely unrelated front, sales of desserts is off 30%." You stop selling the most popular type of gun in your store and NICS checks go down??? Really??? LOL. Plus the backlash on top of that???? You don't say!

As others have said it’s moronic to say that a business that sells multiple product lines can completely piss off the users of one and not have it impact the rest. I used to go to Dicks for all my kids sports stuff and sometimes sneakers, cold weather gear, etc. Part of that was because I could run up and try to grab some shotgun shells on sale while I was there....or I went specifically for the shells (or other sale ammo) and brought the kids because they needed soccer stuff or whatever. I haven’t set foot in any of their stores since they started this stupid shit. Coupons go in the trash and club member card was cancelled.

How many people like me does it take before you have real problems?? Especially in the face of Amazon sending whatever I need for your other product lines right to my door within 2 days for shorter money? Asshats.

Imagine that , you piss off an entire groups of customers who it turns out buy more than just guns and you can't figure out why your tanking.
Give your parents back the money they wasted on collage.

My only question is when is Amazon going to start selling Guns and Ammo? They're going to be the only retailer left...

When SCotUS or Congress curtails the GCA of 1968 significantly. Bezos is a liberal but he loves money more than he loves politics.

Back
Top Bottom