• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dick’s shocked to find their gun sales plummeting

They decided to say "look at me, look at me" and some did and now they pay the price. Winning!

I think a part of that generated the temporary buzz that boosted their Q1 online sales. According to that article touting their 'success', their same store sales were significantly down. A significant drop in overall hunting and gun sales indicates that their outdoorsmen core is bailing, in a big way. Is that enough to make Dick's go away? Can they survive on soccer mom purchases while losing many of the hockey and football moms? We'll see...

when I saw the title I thought it was a joke...lol...what did they think was going to happen...

when I saw the title I thought it was a joke...lol...what did they think was going to happen...

Well to be fair the snarky headline is entirely fabricated by a clickbait website. A representative from Dick's is quoted in the article: "“Our firearms policy changes impacted our hunt business which saw an accelerated decline,” chief financial officer Lee Belitsky told analysts on the company’s conference call. “We expect these businesses to remain under significant pressure throughout the remainder of the year.”"

I think a part of that generated the temporary buzz that boosted their Q1 online sales. According to that article touting their 'success', their same store sales were significantly down. A significant drop in overall hunting and gun sales indicates that their outdoorsmen core is bailing, in a big way. Is that enough to make Dick's go away? Can they survive on soccer mom purchases while losing many of the hockey and football moms? We'll see...
Hey, my 3 and 6 year old kids both play soccer! Their yummy soccer mummy don’t shop there!!

Every day should be "Small Business Saturday"! I'd rather spend my money at a small local gun shop than handing it over to corporate America. Dick's and their shareholders deserve their downslide....

Gun control proponents probably bought some stuff 1Q18 but they have no staying power - I’d expect things to start tanking overall when they lose interest...

I wont shed any tears when they shut down and they will, look at Galyans, sports authority, mvp sports...they all go eventually. Dicks really screwed its sporting customers with its anti gun crap

Doesn't seem to be hurting their business overall.

DICK'S Sporting Goods Reports First Quarter Results

People buying black rifles are far from their biggest customers and don't expect their gun policy or decrease in hunting sales to negatively affect overall company performance.

Read it again. You KNOW the left is writing a lot of the news, right???

consolidated same store sales decreased 2.5% on a 13-week to 13-week comparable basis.

You can't keep making bigger profits on lesser sales. You need to increase sales. The hunting sales won't hurt them until Q3 and Q4. Good luck, Dicks.

Dick’s shocked to find their gun sales plummeting

Well, there's always jock straps...
iu

Back
Top Bottom