• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dick’s shocked to find their gun sales plummeting

There is nothing that they sell that I can not get at a bunch of different places.

Hope the pull all of their guns and put in anYeti section for all of their virtue signalers.

Read it again. You KNOW the left is writing a lot of the news, right???

You can't keep making bigger profits on lesser sales. You need to increase sales. The hunting sales won't hurt them until Q3 and Q4. Good luck, Dicks.

Eh, you can. Margins are independent of sales and can be influenced by product sales mix, lower-cost suppliers, increasing prices, etc. Sales will just affect the top line revenue. The left may write news, but they don't write Dick's earnings call script or audit their financials.

I'm skeptical to see how this actually affects them.

Kinda predicable... same result as peein' on an electric fence......

Jeez, I never knew that. Learn something new every day!

Although I never bought a gun from them I use to buy cleaning supplies, arrows, fishing stuff and clothing. Never again. They lost more with me than just stuff from “The Lodge”. They do have clean restrooms though and as someone on a diuretic and with IBS, I’ll still use their toilets!

these big box sporting good stores are all a long drive away for me. I therefore have a choice....drive to Dicks, or drive to one of their competitors. I will ALWAYS choose the later now....and it is a double whammy for them...they lose my gun, hunting, and fishing sales, and their competitor gets stronger and can put them into the ground faster.

Eh, you can. Margins are independent of sales and can be influenced by product sales mix, lower-cost suppliers, increasing prices, etc. Sales will just affect the top line revenue. The left may write news, but they don't write Dick's earnings call script or audit their financials.

I'm skeptical to see how this actually affects them.

Oh yeah. Dick's did a GREAT job of spinning this as an AWESOME quarter. And it got plenty of play for about 2 days. Then people started looking at the #'s and the concern came in.

It's P/E is still pretty low. We shall see. But I suspect their sales will be down and profitability will be down by year-end.

I give them 2 years anyhow before starting the Sears/Kmart "If I just ate my left leg, I could still hobble around, I'd get some sustenance and I'd not need to supply my left leg with energy" mentality. Eventually you run out of body parts to chop off. Dick's will be the same way. They'll close stores and the remaining ones won't be able to support the C/O stuff, which means store cutbacks which means less customer service which means less sales which means more store closings. It's a nifty spiral they're getting themselves into.

It isn't hunting that has killed them. It's the final nail. Amazon did more to destroy Dick's and other sporting goods retailers. But this action by Dicks will be the straw that broke the camel's back.

And if they are strong at year-end, I'll be back to admit it.

Was trying out shooting skeet this morning at my club. Was kind of funny to listen to a lot of the people inside the clubhouse getting ready to head out to the skeet fields saying F- Dicks and they won't buy anything from them anymore. Then someone would chime in about Dicks having a sale on shells before someone else would reply with F- Dicks. I used to stock up on ammo there when I had some coupons because I worked down the road now I won't have anything to do with them.

The first time I tried buying ammo in MA with a freshly minted LTCA and cash Dicks was the only place which was within range according to Google plus my time allowance.

The dreadful experience of being perp walked. (it took 1.2 hours to buy a box of 50 rnds 9mm 115gr.) I was denied HP. The store manager refused to sell me HP ammo since I wasn't a LEO. I played the game and got pwrp walked.

Got to Maine and decided I would buy a single box of ammo to verify whether it was .Dicks being dicks or just MA dicks being DICKS. The amount of hassle I gave the store for that single box of ammo made it worth the purchase for me.

By the time I was our they were more than aware I was unhappy with them and at least one counter person had to be sent away before I could finish the process.

The take away: they had an agenda a long time ago when they started moonbattinf their process. Zero fscks given.

Screw around with them. Make them walk to the register with several boxes of ammo and walk away.

Make them start the process to buy a rifle and walk away.

There is one thing I like about Dicks, I can go in, check out their golf stuff and then buy online.

Screw around with them. Make them walk to the register with several boxes of ammo and walk away.

Make them start the process to buy a rifle and walk away.

There is one thing I like about Dicks, I can go in, check out their golf stuff and then buy online.

too bad they don't allow dogs, at least with BPS you can hit taco bell on the way, feed the dog a couple of chalupas, then let them fire away throughout the store...

They overthought the amount of Fudds vs Non-Fudd gun owners.

First of all, there's more people that either carry, or just shoot without hunting than the hunters.
Second, the shooters and carriers buy way more gun gear than the hunters. Example - I've been saying I need to buy more pheasant ammo for the past 5 years, and I'm still on the same box. I don't see enough to go through many rounds. Likewise, my deer gun consists of maybe 2 boxes of slugs to verify zero and another to hunt with - and Dicks had a sale a while back and I bought a ton, so I haven't bought slugs for 10 years or so. However, I do use my other guns much more and spend on ammo accordingly.
Third - non Fudd owners are more likely to have other sports, and will decrease their purchasing on fishing, airsoft, archery and golf (is that even a sport?) based on the BS of the black rifles.

Since they're so close to Michael's, I'll go there when my wife shops, but only to be a dick: poop and don't flush, move items, etc.

I used to go to the Leominster store for golf stuff but never again. It's too bad because I have no idea where to shop for golf shoes now. They were the closest by far. I'll have to try online I guess. Pain in the ass but I refuse to patronize gun banning businesses.

Pretty much done. f*** them

I do go in there to try on sneakers and stuff to get the right size, then I turn around and orde4vthem online. When I am occasionally asked why I don’t buy there, I say Dick’s gun policies are for Dicks

Back
Top Bottom