Dick’s CEO Ed Stack Tests Third-Party Presidential Run

SFC13557

NES Member
Go for it a$$hole.

"Politico reports a “focus group in southern Wisconsin” looked at three-way contests between President Donald Trump, Stack, and Joe Biden or Elizabeth Warren. The group centered in on Stack “showing leadership” by barring Dick’s from selling “assault rifles,” in the wake of the February 14, 2018, Parkland school shooting.

Dick’s also prohibited the sale of “high capacity” magazines under Stack’s leadership, and the company raised the minimum age for long gun purchases from 18 to 21 years of age."
Dick's CEO Ed Stack Tests Third-Party Presidential Run

This would help us, I think. I'm more concerned about Bloomberg running 3rd party and taking a share of RINO votes.

This would help us, I think. I'm more concerned about Bloomberg running 3rd party and taking a share of RINO votes.

bloomberg as 3rd party candidate would be far more detrimental to the dims than trump. what could hurt trump is a ross perot type. i don't see any on the horizon but wouldn't put it past the dim party to fund some toolbox 3rd party goer just to steal 1-2%.

Maybe he can pick Steyer as his running mate and we can kick this plutocracy into overdrive.

Anything that cuts into the Dem's voters is a good thing. I'm also hoping that Tom Steyer runs as an independent if he doesn't get the Dem's nomination.

That would kill any chance of them winning the Pres.

I'm a little skeptical of third party people running really doing much of any damage unless they're "serious." Meaning, if someone like Bernie ran third party I could see it being an issue.

If it's a general "nobody" that has little pre-existing support, I really don't think it'll make a big difference. The Libertarian Party has run semi-well-known candidates before and never really made a significant impact.

If you flat out gave Trump all of Jill Stein's votes he still would have lost the popular vote.
Evan McMullin pulled only 730,000 despite some people's fears...and I think those were overwhelmingly in Utah.

Other than Ross Perot, I'm not sure there's really been a significant third party candidate that really had an impact in the mid-to-late 20th/21st Centuries. The Nader situation with the 2000 election has been basically debunked at this point as not having an actual impact.

He will do about as well as Carly Fiorina and Howard Schultz.

It is amazing how arrogant and self-deluded these clowns are.

There is money to be made whether you get the nomination or not.
This guy knows he has a snowball's chance in hell.
But I bet he gets enough campaign contributions to walk away counting a stack of cash.

There is money to be made whether you get the nomination or not.
This guy knows he has a snowball's chance in hell.
But I bet he gets enough campaign contributions to walk away counting a stack of cash.
You don’t get to cash out your campaign contributions and spend them on yourself. And as a big corporate CEO, he is already awash in cash — his net worth is $1B. He isn’t doing this to get money.

His total compensation for 2018 was $9M.

You don’t get to cash out your campaign contributions and spend them on yourself. And as a big corporate CEO, he is already awash in cash — his net worth is $1B. He isn’t doing this to get money.

Of course not. But you do have tremendous say in how those $$$$$ are spent. And with whom. And it's off his personal books.

Of course not. But you do have tremendous say in how those $$$$$ are spent. And with whom. And it's off his personal books.

Once again, he is already worth ONE BILLION DOLLARS. He isn’t going to raise $25M and then jeopardize his freedom by committing federal election law crimes.

Once again, he is already worth ONE BILLION DOLLARS. He isn’t going to raise $25M and then jeopardize his freedom by committing federal election law crimes.
Who said anything about "crimes"? It's dollars to curry favor for power, and power to curry favor to dollars, and it ain't his, so different standards apply. It's a game.

Oh, and I haven't been in any way involved in campaign finance in some time, but there tend to be very specific rules when it comes to involvement of one's own money, ostensibly to avoid "buying" elections or favors outright. The way around it: Other People's Money!!1!
[banana][party][banana][banana][party]

You mean you are not "Supposed" to do that .
And people are greedy MF'rs , there is never enough for some of them.
Unless you suppose he's gone around the bend so far that he thinks he's going to get the democratic nomination.

You mean you are not "Supposed" to do that .
And people are greedy MF'rs , there is never enough for some of them.
Unless you suppose he's gone around the bend so far that he thinks he's going to get the democratic nomination.
Missing the point. There are things you cannot legally spend your own money on, but CAN spend campaign $$$ on.

Back
Top Bottom