DHS: First the Ammo, Now the Tanks

I say that because DHS is most likely going to be focused on the cities when they clamp down. Big population centers are a bad place to be during civil unrest. I'd rather be nowhere near the government response, disruption is supplies, and general mayhem.

Just to note, while I'm sure these will be abused, they're not much different than the trucks swat ALREADY uses to run up on peoples houses. This is just the Army shelling off old equipment. Look at them, NO way out of those things except the SUPER slow hydraulic door in the back and a gunners hatch. There is a reason the Army doesn't use them anymore. They're big, slow, with no egress, and not NEARLY as "Mine Proof" as they're saying, and one of the slowest rides of your life. If THIS is the vehicle the government is going to use to hold us down... Bring it, these trucks are a joke.

Why - to give the vehicles more maneuver room so they will have a better chance against you? [laugh]

Ask anyone who has ever crewed in an armored vehicle if they'd rather maneuver in wide-open spaces (against an opponent lacking heavy weapons) or in city streets, surrounded by tall buildings that channel their movements and restrict their ability to communicate?

More importantly, does anyone know if a Lahti L39 is on the C&R list? [laugh] Just Kidding,

So what, exactly, is the justification for these things?

Good luck finding a Lahti or a Solothurn.

But there is a modern day equivalent:

MAG-FED 20MM RIFLE - Anzio Ironworks

20mm022standingatangle-FP.jpg

If these things start rolling through your neighborhood, please feel free to hit me, or another OEF/OIF vet to give you classes on how to defeat the MRAP.

I say that because DHS is most likely going to be focused on the cities when they clamp down. Big population centers are a bad place to be during civil unrest. I'd rather be nowhere near the government response, disruption is supplies, and general mayhem.

From all that I have read - that's what a lot of this stuff seems to be getting accumulated for. Control of urban population centers.

Garandman can star in the 2016 remake of "Escape From New York" - except this time it will be Boston.

- - - Updated - - -

If these things start rolling through your neighborhood, please feel free to hit me, or another OEF/OIF vet to give you classes on how to defeat the MRAP.

That sounds like information that needs to be anonymously distributed around the intarwebs - just in case of emergency.

Why - to give the vehicles more maneuver room so they will have a better chance against you? [laugh]

Ask anyone who has ever crewed in an armored vehicle if they'd rather maneuver in wide-open spaces (against an opponent lacking heavy weapons) or in city streets, surrounded by tall buildings that channel their movements and restrict their ability to communicate?

More importantly, does anyone know if a Lahti L39 is on the C&R list? [laugh] Just Kidding,

So what, exactly, is the justification for these things?

Good luck manuvering one of those through the woods. Critical tip angle of 30 degrees. Trench the yard, and they'd never make it to the door.

That sounds like information that needs to be anonymously distributed around the intarwebs - just in case of emergency.

Might be something someone should work on in their spare time, but look at it like this. These things had a SHORT life in Afghanistan and Iraq... Because a bunch of goat herders with fertilizer were destroying them off the road, ambushing troops as they came out the back, or making the terrain completely impassible. When they start fielding Courgar A2's... Then you should worry, but I've even seen those things get thrown through the air like children's toys.

Last edited:
If THIS is the vehicle the government is going to use to hold us down... Bring it, these trucks are a joke.

We'll know it's getting real when the Feds roll M1126 Strykers, M2 Bradleys, and M1 Abrams into the city... have to show up the PoPo rocking the MRAP's.

We'll know it's getting real when the Feds roll M1126 Strykers, M2 Bradleys, and M1 Abrams into the city... have to show up the PoPo rocking the MRAP's.

Most strykers are flat bottomed... Little bit of boom goes a long way. Soldiers in Stryker brigades call them Kevlar Coffins. Bradleys and M1's however.... Game changers.

...Ask anyone who has ever crewed in an armored vehicle if they'd rather maneuver in wide-open spaces (against an opponent lacking heavy weapons) or in city streets, surrounded by tall buildings that channel their movements and restrict their ability to communicate? ...

pianodrop-16.jpg
piano%20drop2.jpg
r-PIANO-large570.jpg

Garandman can star in the 2016 remake of "Escape From New York" - except this time it will be Boston.
And all my friends wonder why I haven't lived more than 250 yards from the ocean for the last 30 years.....

Funny thing is, when I was an infantryman, all I was scared of was tanks, even though our anti-armor class began with "Hunting tanks if fun - and easy too!"

And then when I switched to Cav, all the tankers were scared of were infantrymen....

Might be something someone should work on in their spare time, but look at it like this. These things had a SHORT life in Afghanistan and Iraq... Because a bunch of goat herders with fertilizer were destroying them off the road, ambushing troops as they came out the back, or making the terrain completely impassible. When they start fielding Courgar A2's... Then you should worry, but I've even seen those things get thrown through the air like children's toys.
I saw a report on a Stryker than got rolled over a number of times - the IED that went off was something like five daisy-chained 152mm artillery rounds.

Last edited:
Most strykers are flat bottomed... Little bit of boom goes a long way. Soldiers in Stryker brigades call them Kevlar Coffins. Bradleys and M1's however.... Game changers.

I've read that the Feds have acquired a V-shaped hull Stryker variant to be more effective against IED's. As far as the Bradley and Abrams goes, the biggest weakness is the vulnerable supply train required to fuel them. There's always the "Saving Private Ryan" tactic...

Captain Miller: You take a standard G.I sock, cram it with as much Composition B as it can hold, rig up a simple fuse, then coat the whole thing with axel grease. Now when you throw it, it should stick. Its a bomb that sticks, its a "sticky bomb". Think of a better way to knock out the tracks, I'm all ears.
Private Reiben: This is great, now we gotta surrender our socks.

The more the government spends - in paranoid fear of their own populace - the closer to bankruptcy they get. When it finally comes they won't even be able to afford putting gas in those damn things. But just the fact that our government thinks it needs such equipment for domestic policing is really something that should cause us all pause.

That's Okay.
When this once-great Nation is back under the control of Its Rightful Leaders,
we are going to need offroad vehicles to compete in swampbuggy races...

Forget whatever propaganda you hear, the Department of Homeland Security is preparing for civil unrest. What form that may come in? who knows there are many areas that could go bang.

Then again that's the plan isn't it.

Even if the civil unrest doesn't occur on its own, DHS will cause it and blame others. Nothing will keep them from getting the events they need to justify all new sets of liberty-killing rules to "keep us safe". I'm sure they will learn from BATFE's mistakes with Fast and Furious.

The more the government spends - in paranoid fear of their own populace - the closer to bankruptcy they get. When it finally comes they won't even be able to afford putting gas in those damn things. But just the fact that our government thinks it needs such equipment for domestic policing is really something that should cause us all pause.

Seriously, this is making the most level-headed reach for a tin foil hat.

What reason could DHS possibly need 1.6 BILLION rounds of ammo and now tanks other than to use against it's own people for domestic policing?

Back
Top Bottom