DevGru SEAL Rob O'Neill's thoughts on Home Defense Gun and hints on scope of 2A support

Thinks racking a shotgun will scare off home invaders, likes eo-tech sites (may have something to do with when he was in, as they were likely the best available at that time), has nuanced but unstated view on what guns should be allowed for "civilians", which is never explicitly stated, but just based on that 4 min excerpt, I am betting that view isn't what most would want it to be. Let's face it, any FUDD who was telling me to rack a shot for the fear factor wouldn't have the views on the 2A that I would ascribe to...

Relevant section between mins 47 and 51.

View: https://youtu.be/RjQw_6KJ1zM

From here:

Whole interview is actually really good, provides awesome insight into inner workings of OBL raid, etc.

I don’t know. All the Fudds I know tend to use hammerless doubles and revolvers so the bad guy doesn’t hear us.
This guy sounds like your standard tacticool LARPing fag with all kinds of stupid crap to make noise and look cool.

in general, bro vets do not believe civilians are proficient with firearms as they lack the training and therefore shouldn't be trusted with them. you can fix this by taking a bro vet sponsored training course...

SEALs are the worst among the bro vets - if they aren't writing books about how badass they are, they are running for political office...

in general, bro vets do not believe civilians are proficient with firearms as they lack the training and therefore shouldn't be trusted with them. you can fix this by taking a bro vet sponsored training course...

SEALs are the worst among the bro vets - if they aren't writing books about how badass they are, they are running for political office...

These are big facts… I’ve trained with a bunch. Some are brilliant and down to earth. Most were the bro’est of vets and were insufferable

I did not previously know the term bro vet, but that the term exists explains why a thread about the dude who took down OBL, who is all over Fox and such, espousing fudd-ish views on guns rates a "meh" from everyone...

So he is a hammer that hit the right nail essentially. Why would his “thoughts” or views on 2A be meaningful. Is it because it is trained that he is now omnipotent about everything or even some things?

I only served 9 years, but in my circle of Marines/Soldiers nobody was arrogant enough to think civilians couldn't own certain types of guns. Racking the slide to scare home invaders? If it doesn't work you have the rest of your life to contemplate that stupid choice. I remember when I was on active duty, special operations were silent professionals, who only needed the validation of the other guys in group.

Last edited:
Nothing, but guys with $800 budget build ARs shooting steel case Russian surplus ammo need something to blame when they can’t hit a dime at 100 yards.
They are trash sights.

Thinks racking a shotgun will scare off home invaders, likes eo-tech sites (may have something to do with when he was in, as they were likely the best available at that time), has nuanced but unstated view on what guns should be allowed for "civilians", which is never explicitly stated, but just based on that 4 min excerpt, I am betting that view isn't what most would want it to be. Let's face it, any FUDD who was telling me to rack a shot for the fear factor wouldn't have the views on the 2A that I would ascribe to...

Relevant section between mins 47 and 51.

View: https://youtu.be/RjQw_6KJ1zM

From here:

Whole interview is actually really good, provides awesome insight into inner workings of OBL raid, etc.

I can tell you, from experience, the sound of a shotgun cycling has an immediate effect on the human body. Especially if you are hidden and unexpected.

But in a home defense situation, there's different rules at play than I was operating under. I told my wife, if you're alone and someone is in the house, let the 'boom' announce your presence.

I only served 9 years, but in my circle of Marines/Soldiers nobody was arrogant enough to think civilians couldn't own certain types of guns. Racking the slide to scare home invaders? If it doesn't work you have the rest of your life to contemplate that stupid choice. I remember when I was on active duty, special operations were quiet professionals, who only needed the validation of the other guys in group.

so the term is Silent Professionals as opposed to Quiet, but you‘re correct.

Back
Top Bottom