• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deval Made Me Do It.

EddieCoyle

Consigliere
NES Member
I take a day off every year just to do Christmas shopping. Today was my day. After dealing with the idiots in the stores and (even worse) on the roads, I was in a pretty pissed-off mood.

I was in the car listening to talk radio callers discuss the tragedy in New Bedford, hoping for "more gun control" under the Patrick administration. My mood worsened as I contemplated a military-style semi auto rifle ban in the new year.

I was on 495 south entering Littleton when I thought to myself, "Screw this. I've been shopping all day, buying gifts for everybody else. I know that I'm not going to get what I really want for Christmas, so I'll go and buy it myself."

I got off at Rte 2A, headed west to Blue Northern Trading, went in to see my buddy Bill Lynch, and bought this:

bushy.jpg

That's a brand-spankin' new Bushmaster M4A3 Carbine. I also picked up 500 rounds of cheap Russian ammo (non-lacquer coated though).

Count me among those that are IBTB (In Before The Ban).

That's very cool, Jim, it's good to buy yourself a present, too! [wink]

Greg is IBTB, which makes me IBTB!

AR15.jpg

And we have plenty of ammo in case they ban that, too! [laugh]

Last edited:
Very Nice. I got mine before the Nov. elections. Still stocking up on ammo. Be careful though. Those things are known to get out of their case and whisper evil thoughts into your head.

There is something about a hot woman holding a cool tactical firearm that drives us men crazy!!!

[smile]

That's very cool, Jim, it's good to buy yourself a present, too! [wink]

Greg is IBTB, which makes me IBTB!

AR15.jpg

And we have plenty of ammo in case they ban that, too! [laugh]

Same Bushy I have as well- the M4A3 Carbine... it's a nice piece. Oh but why should any civilian want one of these evil guns?

Jim- Nice score on the rifle. I note that has the "IZZY" brake
instead of the auditory disaster that is the mini-y comp. Good move
on that front. And also good move on getting the removeable
carry handle. It's not the end of the world if you got a fixed one instead,
but having that rail right on the receiver opens up possibilities quite a
bit.

I just got my first AR not that long ago, a nice Pre-94 Colt. I already
want another one, and I'm kicking myself in the ass for not having gotten
one a lot earlier.

-Mike

Nice Jim!! think you can hit a shotgun shell @ 100 yards with it?[smile]

No way! I can only do that with a handgun. Seriously, I can't hit shit with a rifle.

Jim (Eddie), what's the difference between the AR and your M4A3 Carbine?

This is an AR (a.k.a. an AR 15 style rifle). Many other manufacturers make AR style rifles too: Colt, Bushmaster, Rock River Arms (RRA), Olympic, etc. Just for the record, you look good holding one.

Jim- Nice score on the rifle. I note that has the "IZZY" brake instead of the auditory disaster that is the mini-y comp.

Thanks. I must've got lucky. I know next to nothing about ARs. I relied on my gun shop guy (Bill Lynch @ Blue Northern) to pick me a good one. This is the one that he owns.

"Screw this. I've been shopping all day, buying gifts for everybody else. I know that I'm not going to get what I really want for Christmas, so I'll go and buy it myself."

You are my idol. Congratulations and good luck with the new rifle. I hope Deval throws up if he sees you shooting it.

Very Nice. I got mine before the Nov. elections. Still stocking up on ammo. Be careful though. Those things are known to get out of their case and whisper evil thoughts into your head.

Yes they do. Things like "I'm lonely buy me a brother," and "don't forget my Com-bloc cousins, they need love too, buy one of each."

I could go on but you get the picture.

...now you just need a Knights Armament rail system ,there is one in the FS section somewhere....:)

I think I'll just shoot it the way it is for a little while. In all honesty, until I practice more with a rifle, there's not a rail system in the world that's going to help me much - unless someone makes one to which I can attach a marksman.

I think I'll just shoot it the way it is for a little while. In all honesty, until I practice more with a rifle, there's not a rail system in the world that's going to help me much - unless someone makes one to which I can attach a marksman.
I hear you, I was really surprised at how much I shook as I looked through that scope. I can't hold that thing steady for nuthin'! [shocked] And I'm not exactly a weakling. Practice, practice, practice, I guess!

We still haven't got the SKS cleaned up yet, Greg will be laid off this Friday, so let the gun cleaning begin! [smile]

Back
Top Bottom