• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Detroit's lovely this time of year....

I know this will be hard to believe, seeing that Detroit is virtually a gun free city, but:
[/url]

Wrong. Detroit is nothing like Chicago, NY, etc. when it comes to gun laws. Michigan is shall issue. I still have family in the area, and many of them carry. One cousin actually manages a pawn shop in Detroit. God bless him...

And another tidbit...Michigan honors ALL state's resident carry permits.

Last edited:
“I can’t even imagine what would cause this type of violence,” Craig said.

Really?

Wrong. Detroit is nothing like Chicago, NY, etc. when it comes to gun laws. Michigan is shall issue. I still have family in the area, and many of them carry. One cousin actually manages a pawn shop in Detroit. God bless him...

And another tidbit...Michigan honors ALL state's resident carry permits.

Sorry about that...I'm always getting my combat zones mixed up. and God bless him indeed, as well as the rest of your family.

I'm watching Eminem's "8 Mile" right now, which takes place in Detroit, Michigan.

My father grew up at 8 Mile & Gratiot. He was accross the line in East Detroit (separate city). They changed the name of the city to Eastpointe years ago...The city changed its name to "Eastpointe" after the change was approved by residents in a 1992 referendum; the name change had been proposed to remove any perceived association with the adjacent city of Detroit (wikipedia). [thinking]

My grandparents all grew up in Detroit (all long gone), and used to talk about what a beautiful city Detroit was when they were younger (1920s-1940s etc). By the time I was a young kid in the suburbs in the 1970s it was very bad news.

Last edited:
I grew up in MI, the Western side of the state. MI is not a awful state to carry in. You do need to notify LEO if pulled over that you are carrying. State Police are hit and miss. Some don't like ppl who carry. It is shall issue. The reciprocity is one of the best if not the best of any state. A somewhat organized open carry movement. They just made suppressors legal to own but SBRs are still not legal. Detroit is the armpit of the state. If you head North or West it is rural and low crime.

Group buy on abandoned city blocks? We'll call it, Northeastshooterstan

If it is anything like this site I expect a block wide riot after a dumb post at least twice a week. Some one may also shoot another persons computer in an attempt to block them from ever posting something that retarded again.

Last edited:
Detroit Celebrates:

Detroit reports no murders or shootings for span of 41 hours

DETROIT (AP) - Detroit has a day-and-a-half streak of no reported homicides or non-fatal shootings, police said Tuesday.

The streak started at midnight Monday morning and as of 5:15 p.m. Tuesday was intact.

"For the first time in months the city of Detroit has seen its longest period of non-violence," the department said in a release.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region...-no-murders-or-shootings-for-span-of-41-hours

That was 3 weeks ago, they're catching up on Chicago

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/99999999/SPECIAL01/120606001

Crime: Shooting
Address: 20000 Warrington Dr
Date, time: December 18, 2013 at 7:00 a.m.
No. of victims: 1
No. Killed, if any: 0
No. of suspects: Unk.
Suspect(s) arrested?: N
Details: A DTE Energy Co. employee was shot while warming up his van before leaving for work. He was in critical condition.
Related story, if available: DTE Energy worker in critical condition after shooting

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/99999999/SPECIAL01/120606001#ixzz2oPQW6XBN

Back
Top Bottom