Detroit - police drive away from a drive by shooting

Folks, Expect more of this. I don't agree with what they did, but all that is going on, Cops getting shit on for shooting a person with a knife that was in the motion to stab some one and people bitching that he should let the person get stabbed. I am so F***ING glad I am off the job. Retired 11 years 6months now.

Sudden violence of action was called for in this incident!

Pedal to the floor and ram the shooters vehicle broadside at maximum speed, disrupting the attempted murder and disabling the vehicle. Both officers exit guns drawn prepared to light up the perps.

Except that the news clip said the driver was female, I would have guessed the senior officer was a recruited school resource Deputy from Broward County FL.

Dashcam from a police car in Detroit shows a drive by shooting happening right in front of them, (with what looks like an AR pistol no less), and them driving off...

View: https://youtu.be/wiSGiplQ6Gs

Maybe these cops didn't want to go to jail for having to defend themselves. We all know how this would have ended. According to the press, cop shoots innocent kids, then comes the riots. Now the headlines will read, one dirtbag shoots another. Yes, I'm 99% sure that this was a gang-related incident.

Police have "no duty to protect". Anyone that thinks they "have" to put themselves in harms way needs to do some research.

Now.....with that said.....majority if police do the job and will put themselves in harms way to protect life......but they can't be sued or disciplined for "waiting for backup" so to speak.

Fun stuff,
Few thoughts going through officers head.
Hey i know those hommies
f*** this I aint missing the bachelorette
I have enough over time.

They did what most people would have. GTFOOH.

Dashcam from a police car in Detroit shows a drive by shooting happening right in front of them, (with what looks like an AR pistol no less), and them driving off...

View: https://youtu.be/wiSGiplQ6Gs

It is also possible police was specifically there to make sure shooters in the car will leave safe. You never know. All Somerville knows a half of police there is in bed with drug traffickers. Cross some dealers and police will show to bust your ass. You have what you protect. Dirty cops are everywhere.

This really puts the Community Leaders on the spot:

What are they supposed to do -
complain that the police need to ProtectAndServe harder
by shooting more members of the Community?

From the language used, the Chief would like us to believe that
something sketchy was going on beyond failure to act.

Probably wasn't cops having this unfold coincidentally in the middle of taking a bribe,
or selling drugs, or transporting drug money.

Hopefully wasn't cops who had been paid to ignore a hit,
or who were providing security for a hit.

Maybe was the gunfire waking up cops who were in the middle of cooping,
and literally didn't know what had just happened.

Maybe the gunfire coincidentally interrupted passenger department banter
about how the captain is an asshøle;
and the cops panicked that the tape would be reviewed.

Whatever reason why they jackrabbitted,
if the victim didn't go down,
I presume this would never have been reported or discovered.
The fact that the cops saw a body in the rear-view
is probably what made them U-turn,
because that wasn't going to escape notice.

Everyone in the rank and file will shortly have heard some rumor
about what was going on. (Rumors may vary).
And someone will leak it to the brass.

It would be interesting to know whether the union
merely defends the patrolmen,
or ends up actually defending their actions.

Interesting to evaluate under two of the sets of Second City Cop rules.
  1. First set:
    1. Look.
    2. Point and laugh.
    3. Leave.
  2. Second set:
    1. Unless a violent felony unfolds right in front of your eyes, or there is a victim requiring medical aid,
    2. Just take a report and file it.
(Keep in mind that those aren't intended as rulebook job actions,
to spice up union contract negotiations. They're distillations of
Chi-prudence For Cops. The CPD brass will cancel any cop who
"gets proactive" in a way that causes the slightest heat to emerge from
race hustling Community Leaders. First they sic Internal Affairs on the cops,
and if they can't find a way to get them fired w/ loss of pension,
then they unleash the Community Civilian Oversight Board
who goes over every single interaction in the cop's entire career).

Ironically, in Chicago virtually all if not absolutely all hot pursuits
are now forbidden. So a slick cop might well be able to manipulate
the situation to let the shooters escape with almost no chance of taking incoming fire.

Last edited:
It is also possible police was specifically there to make sure shooters in the car will leave safe. You never know. All Somerville knows a half of police there is in bed with drug traffickers. Cross some dealers and police will show to bust your ass. You have what you protect. Dirty cops are everywhere.
That was not even a thought. Jesus, definitely a possibility.

the cops knew that if they used deadly force to stop blacks from committing a violent crime in progress they are damned if they do/don't. no matter what the outcome, in the end it's better to be fired than fired and go to prison. it's funny though that the community is always outraged when they stop a crime...or ignore it.

It's Detroit.

It's more likely the cops were part of the gang doing the shooting and were there to simply run interference. I understand Detroit is a sh*thole but you have to have balls the size of basketballs to pull up in front of a cruiser and start popping off rounds with an AR Pistol.

It's Detroit.

It's more likely the cops were part of the gang doing the shooting and were there to simply run interference. I understand Detroit is a sh*thole but you have to have balls the size of basketballs to pull up in front of a cruiser and start popping off rounds with an AR Pistol.
This- That dashcam video is very close to the crime scene in my mind.

Are you a cop, or have you ever been a cop? If not Shut Up or Sign Up!!!!

I feel bad for all the guys and girls who are on the job that are over the pension hump, but not enough to cash out.
Nope, but in any field if you dont do what's required, your gone.
You dont like your job, dont want to "interfere", scared. Quit

Back
Top Bottom