Detroit - police drive away from a drive by shooting

Yeah, Just what I thought, all keyboard with all the answers, Because you never have to face the world in person with your Bullshit!!!
Chill bro.

Instead of getting pissed at people, tell us; In your opinion, what should the cops have done and why?

I want to learn from people that do the job, so I am looking forward to your answer.

Chill bro.

Instead of getting pissed at people, tell us; In your opinion, what should the cops have done and why?

I want to learn from people that do the job, so I am looking forward to your answer.
For today's current climate, I don't have the answer. Before this, all cops are wrong, bullshit started, I would have engaged. As far as getting "pissed" at worthless keyboard warriors, Maybe they should take a look at the real world. So there is nothing to chill about.

There is a pretty good chance that the officer was involved/ complicit.

1. They pulled up right in front of the cruiser. There is no way in hell the driver didn't see the cop.
2. As the cruiser pulled away, it almost hit the perps vehicle.
3. The cop driving never reported it.
4. Even if the cop didn't want to risk a firefight, they deliberately allowed the shooter's vehicle to leave without giving chase. There is no way that piece of shit Hyundai was going to out run the cruiser.

It's also possible that the cop didn't want to get into a gun fight with someone with far greater fire power. Your 9mm Glock is no match for an AR and the Kevlar vest you are wearing doesn't even slow 5.56 down. But why not give chase?

Nope. My bet is that the cop driving is some how connected to the shooter. This has drug dealer/ gang written all over it. That was no cheap street punk Ruger or Glock. It was an AR. Not some Mac10 or PCC. It suggests the shooter was well funded and selected a rifle caliber for a reason.
The cop driving was not identified.... I wonder why?

There is a pretty good chance that the officer was involved/ complicit.

1. They pulled up right in front of the cruiser. There is no way in hell the driver didn't see the cop.
2. As the cruiser pulled away, it almost hit the perps vehicle.
3. The cop driving never reported it.
4. Even if the cop didn't want to risk a firefight, they deliberately allowed the shooter's vehicle to leave without giving chase. There is no way that piece of shit Hyundai was going to out run the cruiser.

It's also possible that the cop didn't want to get into a gun fight with someone with far greater fire power. Your 9mm Glock is no match for an AR and the Kevlar vest you are wearing doesn't even slow 5.56 down. But why not give chase?

Nope. My bet is that the cop driving is some how connected to the shooter. This has drug dealer/ gang written all over it. That was no cheap street punk Ruger or Glock. It was an AR. Not some Mac10 or PCC. It suggests the shooter was well funded and selected a rifle caliber for a reason.
same what i said - it looked like a classic demonstration - that gang is under protection.

Some of you guys have very active imaginations. You think the shooters were a sophisticated gang with the cops on their side and they couldn’t manage a proper drive by? You think the cops are so brazen about their criminal, career ending involvement in the gang that it’s cool for the gang to pull executions directly in front of a cruiser with the dirty cop sitting in it with a camera rolling?
That was no cheap street punk Ruger or Glock. It was an AR. Not some Mac10 or PCC. It suggests the shooter was well funded and selected a rifle caliber for a reason.

ARs are cheap (or can be) and with 80%s it’s probably easier for gangs to get their hands on them. They didn’t ID the cop (do they usually at this stage?) because it’s an active investigation. And did she break any law or just fail to do her job?

Last edited:
so what is the down side here?

The Defund/De-escalate crowd got no Police involvement

the Thin Blue Line crowd got to see their heroes go home at the end of their shift unharmed

There is one less bad guy on the street.

I’ll keep my speculation shorter than usual.

The victim knew the shooter, and will definitely not say who it is.

Cops f***ed up by not doing their job, then double f***ed up by not reporting it. There could be a lot of explanations for what happened. But not for failing to report what happened..

And the chicks definitely setting herself up for early retirement…No cop on the department would want to be her partner anyway

Edit…And not surprisingly The media sucks at there job

The stupid thing is that her driving away was a perfectly excusable action where she was dealing with a car that had a passenger who had just shot at someone with an AR. The mistake was (as usual) covering it up, but apparently she was too stupid to go that route. We can act shocked at that stupidity but she chose to be a cop in Detroit so…

Pedal to the floor and ram the shooters vehicle broadside at maximum speed, disrupting the attempted murder and disabling the vehicle. Both officers exit guns drawn prepared to light up the perps.
BLM: she drove right into the car and could have killed the driver who did absolutely nothing wrong, he was a good kid and was going to go to community college in the fall, he was just turning his life around, he didn't do nothing

Even if the cop didn't want to risk a firefight, they deliberately allowed the shooter's vehicle to leave without giving chase. There is no way that piece of shit Hyundai was going to out run the cruiser. ... why not give chase?
It's one thing to chase a car that's committed a random felony.
It's another thing to chase a car that's committed the felony of
a passenger hanging half out the window to do a mag dump with a longarm.

Maybe the perps have another mag in the car,
and can air mail some dissuasion at any pursuer.
Even that operating officer from a few seasons ago
who was shooting his service handgun through his windshield
at the car he was pursuing would be outgunned.

From the language used, the Chief would like us to believe that
something sketchy was going on beyond failure to act.

Probably wasn't cops having this unfold coincidentally in the middle of taking a bribe,
or selling drugs, or transporting drug money.

Hopefully wasn't cops who had been paid to ignore a hit,
or who were providing security for a hit.

Maybe the gunfire coincidentally interrupted passenger department banter
about how the captain is an asshøle;
and the cops panicked that the tape would be reviewed.
The one problem with one of your statements:
If those cops KNEW there was a hit going down, why the F would you be there with your dash cam rolling?

I'd go along with some type of 'sketchy' behavior, maybe not so far as illegal, but they are assigned to another district and were doing 'something' there. Maybe banging a girlfriend or something less than straight up illegal.

I've heard open mike conversations that were 'unflattering' about command staff before. At most, nothing really happens. If action is taken by the supervisor it opens up a string of lawsuits for retribution. It's why a LOT of fd'up people get promoted. If you use their previous disciplinary actions against them, they can sue, and unfortunately, win.

It's why I don't call people names here. If I want to call you an ahole, you probably already know you are one.

I'm gonna make a SWAG that the female officer driving is a person of color, possible of another protected class too. Why else would the (acting) chief be so concerned about understanding their "state of mind".

If those cops KNEW there was a hit going down, why the F would you be there with your dash cam rolling?
inconceivable.jpg

(Although we're probably not talking about Rocket Surgeons here).
And I'm not the one that thinks it's anywhere near the most likely explanation.

Also, we're probably also not talking about Operating Sharpshooters.
Anyone who thinks that pair should have gone in with guns blazing
probably don't live downrange of the car they want the cops to shoot at.

How many of the police bullets
would have gone over, under, or right on through the perps' car?

Ram car. Ram it again. Keep ramming it. Apply alternating does of lead foot and lead projectiles as needed.

My vote is these guys are either HUGE bitch asses who shouldn't be on job in Detroit, or they were complicit some way shape or form

Sudden violence of action was called for in this incident!

Pedal to the floor and ram the shooters vehicle broadside at maximum speed, disrupting the attempted murder and disabling the vehicle. Both officers exit guns drawn prepared to light up a Newport.

Except that the news clip said the driver was female, I would have guessed the senior officer was a recruited school resource Deputy from Broward County FL.
FIFY.

This is what happens when the cops finally get fed up and say F@ck it! why should I risk my life when these people are going to be out on the street with either no or very low bail. We see it everyday, kids getting arrested for killing someone while they are out on PR or low bail for gun charges.

Back
Top Bottom