• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Detective sues Sig Sauer after she says her holstered P320 handgun nearly killed her

This woman is a rube.

She gets shot with a POS Sig and she still carries a POS Sig?

When will she learn?

Don’t buy this Sig garbage!

Stay away from Sig junk.

Get a Glock a pay a premium if you must.

In a free market there is no reason to buy trash.

She is the third or fourth LEO to claim this and there is a lawsuit going on now. Was a segment on the news on Wed or Thu about LEO (male) who had his 320 in his gym bag and it went off, shooting him in the leg.

She is the third or fourth LEO to claim this and there is a lawsuit going on now. Was a segment on the news on Wed or Thu about LEO (male) who had his 320 in his gym bag and it went off, shooting him in the leg.
Is it possible putting stress on the gun (some combo of twisting + pressure) could cause the striker to release?

not guilty
It served up a Milana Vayntrub AT&T ad before the news article for you, too?

Ever seen the shit some of these woman carry in a purse thats more like a weekender getaway suitcase?
Experts agree:
It would be virtually unpossible for a hanky to be floating around inside the purse
and get caught in the trigger guard when holstering.

it’s getting worse, I read about another case in the news.

guy was shot in the back of his head with his sig p320

Mrs Wilkes of South Carolina, still saddened by a husband’s untimely death stated.
“My husbands 320 was unloaded in the safe with a chamber flag inserted, when it fired out of the blue and shot my husband in the back of the head, we were just finalizing our divorce and were supposed to be in court later this week”

Harry.

it’s getting worse, I read about another case in the news.

guy was shot in the back of his head with his sig p320

Mrs Wilkes of South Carolina, still saddened by a husband’s untimely death stated.
“My husbands 320 was unloaded in the safe with a chamber flag inserted, when it fired out of the blue and shot my husband in the back of the head, we were just finalizing our divorce and were supposed to be in court later this week”
Guy's gonna look might stupid
trying to eat corn on the cob
with a chamber flag sticking out of the back of his head.
maxresdefault.jpg

How come the army doesn’t seem to have the same problem? Seems to me there’s a few cops looking for a payday, and I don’t mean the candy bar.
or stick with a proper SIG, like a .229. DA/SA all day for me.

are we now in a time when self discharging Sigs hit a target more often than those which are being used in a gun fight ?

This woman is a rube.

She gets shot with a POS Sig and she still carries a POS Sig?

When will she learn?

Don’t buy this Sig garbage!

Stay away from Sig junk.

Get a Glock a pay a premium if you must.

In a free market there is no reason to buy trash.
The glock snob in me agrees

The pragmatist thinks your trolling the glock snob.

Lucky for her husband she wasnt carrying iwb otherwise it mightve taken a chunk out of her ass.

But this really is a story about dont put your gun in a bag of junk. Either carry it on you. Or use a dedicated pocket in a bag designed for cc the drop safety may be jacked in 320s but both those options mitigate that risk a bit more

Is it possible putting stress on the gun (some combo of twisting + pressure) could cause the striker to release?
That's what the striker block is for. All these cases had to have something, finger or debris, pull the trigger to bypass the striker block. Other striker guns use the hinged trigger as another safety and Sig does not.

Lol.... the 320 has been such an abortion since it came out. I recreated it letting the firing pin go with a buddy's gun (empty obviously) and it was wild. I would never let my job buy that particular piece of shit.

I'm sure something in her purse pulled the trigger, but SIG really should consider using a trigger blade safety like the glock and walther's or a hinged trigger like the M&P's. It would stop a lot of this bullshit.

Lol.... the 320 has been such an abortion since it came out. I recreated it letting the firing pin go with a buddy's gun (empty obviously) and it was wild. I would never let my job buy that particular piece of shit.
So what are your life plans?
After you retire on the fees you earn from being a plaintiff's expert witness, I mean.
[rofl]

IMO it's not very consistent. You could take a dozen pre recall guns and hit them with a plastic hammer while braced on a hard surface and 8 would fire. Post recall? Who knows.

I agree that the # of lawsuits is at a point where they're likely not all bullshit. Sad because it was a cool idea. Of course sig doesn't seem to give a shit because most of their buyers don't seem to care.

How come the army doesn’t seem to have the same problem? Seems to me there’s a few cops looking for a payday, and I don’t mean the candy bar.
or stick with a proper SIG, like a .229. DA/SA all day for me.

The mil guns have a manual safety on them. If the doctrine is to engage it, before holstering, it's possible that the "make the gun go bang" parts simply cannot move in the trigger pack if the safety is engaged. I also doubt the DOD is using any pre recall guns, either.

Back
Top Bottom