• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Desert Eagle

Im on the hunt for a Desert Eagle in .50 AE.
I've been doing some research and i found out that they have different "models" or "generations"
Does anyone here have extensive experience with them and can suggest one of the other ?

Any educated information will be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your anywhere near Franklin, Precision Armament Werks is worth the visit. Greg knows everything there is to know about DE's

If you get a later model rather than an earlier model the slides and barrels are interchangeable (mark 19) This would allow you to expand your search to any caliber and upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

If your anywhere near Franklin, Precision Armament Werks is worth the visit. Greg knows everything there is to know about DE's

Is that place actually still open? I have called and stopped by a bunch of times and they are always closed or don't pick up the phone.

Im on the hunt for a Desert Eagle in .50 AE.
I've been doing some research and i found out that they have different "models" or "generations"
Does anyone here have extensive experience with them and can suggest one of the other ?

Any educated information will be greatly appreciated.

My friend has one he might sell, very little use.

I wanted a 50ae originally but it is hard to find ammo and is expensive, got a 44 mag and easy to find ammo and Half the price. People also think 50 is much bigger than 44 but there is very little difference, my 44 mag shoots a fireball half way down the range and pretty much stops the place while everyone figures out what is going on!

If you use a heavy 44 mag it actually has more energy.

.50AE - 300 gr (19 g) JHP 1,550 ft/s (470 m/s) 1,600 ft·lbf (2,200 J)

.44 Magnum - 340 gr (22 g) LFN +P+ 1,478 ft/s (450 m/s) 1,649 ft·lbf (2,236 J)

I wanted a 50ae originally but it is hard to find ammo and is expensive, got a 44 mag and easy to find ammo and Half the price. People also think 50 is much bigger than 44 but there is very little difference, my 44 mag shoots a fireball half way down the range and pretty much stops the place while everyone figures out what is going on!

If you use a heavy 44 mag it actually has more energy.

.50AE - 300 gr (19 g) JHP 1,550 ft/s (470 m/s) 1,600 ft·lbf (2,200 J)

.44 Magnum - 340 gr (22 g) LFN +P+ 1,478 ft/s (450 m/s) 1,649 ft·lbf (2,236 J)

What 44 you got ?

Oh gosh. I had one a million years ago. (Maybe 15?) It was awful. Mine was .44. Trigger was terrible for such an expensive gun. And it weighed about 400lbs. I shot it once and sold it, thankfully for what I paid.

Oh gosh. I had one a million years ago. (Maybe 15?) It was awful. Mine was .44. Trigger was terrible for such an expensive gun. And it weighed about 400lbs. I shot it once and sold it, thankfully for what I paid.

You're not alone girl, My wife says the same thing about all my guns

My trigger is nice, weighs about 400 lbs, if it weighed less it would kill you - I can hold it up for about 7 rounds before it get's heavy - makes you a man!

Is it stupid - yes, but I will probably never sell it!

They are as awesome as the are impractical...

My suggestion would be, if you can. Go for the 50 and get the 357 or 44 upper. Or st least make sure you have the option to swap.

Last time I saw one was at a at July 4th shoot at Shirley R&G in 2008/9, I forget which.

Shoot someone else's to get it out of your system. They're over rated. Wanna buy mine?!

I think that's what I need to do. I've contemplated buying one in .44 mag since I already reload .44 but I've never held let alone shot one before. May be an expensive gamble....

Though under $1300 shipped from grabagun.com for a matte chrome finish DE isn't bad...Okay who's got one in 44 that I can shoot [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom