• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Desert Eagle 44. Unique rifling???

Hey guys and gals,
I was watching a show on Investigation Discovery Channel, about a murder that involved gunshot wounds.
One of the Investigators mentioned that 44 shell casings were found nearby, and that (I disclose, these are probably not his exact words, but) "the bullets exhibited a unique rifling pattern that would only come from a Desert Eagle".
Acknowledging the fact that, the DE is definitely unique, and not something that one would say is a common handgun. Nor one that is usually carried, or used to commit a crime, given it's physical size.
Does anyone here know enough about the DE, to confirm the statement about the rifling?
I'm just curious now.....

Okay,
Of course, being TV, I was curious as to the validity of the question.
I have caught them numerous times, especially when it comes to gunz related discussions, spewing BS.
For instance, they'll show a necked center-fire cartridge laying on the ground, and call it a 22.
Now, I know what you're thinking, 223/5.56 is 22 caliber. Correct.
But in that show, the Investigator said," .... 22 caliber, that type of round doesn't make much noise when fired". Well, that rules out the 223/5.56, unless of course suppressed. Well they showed a bolt action rifle in that episode. So somewhere, they had their info skewed.
Just saying.

I guess the fact that it was 44 Magnum eliminates Glock and H&K.

A lot of much, much older guns also had polygonal rifling. It's not new. Glock did introduce it to a more modern audience, but all my early Webleys have it. Those would clock in at .454 diameter if I ever used one of those for a murder.

NOT that I'm gonna...

Shell casings with a rifling pattern? Jack.
I wouldn’t call it “Rifling” but hks rifles do weird things to brass.. I don’t know what the technical term is. I wish I had a photo but I don’t got one on this phone.

It reminds me of that seashell that spirally like a unicorn horn that’s only way I can describe it

I wouldn’t call it “Rifling” but hks rifles do weird things to brass.. I don’t know what the technical term is. I wish I had a photo but I don’t got one on this phone.

It reminds me of that seashell that spirally like a unicorn horn that’s only way I can describe it
I forget what that’s called but that’s to aid in extraction of the case.

Back
Top Bottom