Desert Brutality 2020

• Thread starter Deleted member 67409
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 67409

First shooting video of DB2020 is now out. Karl did pretty good with the Winchester 1873 but par'ed out trying to turn a pistol spinner with a 1911 on the first stage. Second stage looked... brutal. But fun.

I want to shoot DB2021, so this is very much of interest to me.

And here's the introduction/gear discussion video:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, read thread title too fast. Thought it was about "Dessert Brutality"...
iu
iu

Sorry, read thread title too fast. Thought it was about "Dessert Brutality"...
iu
iu

I made an ice cream cake for my daughter's birthday this weekend. 2 pints of Peaceful Meadows coffee. Crushed up Oreo cookies (not hte filling - that's key).

Slice one pint and make a base about 2-pints-high by one-point-wide. Cover with crumbles. Re-freeze. Take second pint, slice long-ways down teh middle. Set the half-pints on top of your base. Cover again with crumbles. Re-freeze. Finally, make some whipped-cream frosting -a half-batch will do. Use Marscapone instead of cream cheese - kills that tart-ness of the cream-cheese. Frost. Top with a sprinkle of crumbles. Re-freeze last time.

Take it out and let thaw for 10 min before eating.

We totally destroyed it. 4 of us killed it. Dessert brutality to the max.

So its "period correct" firearms and attire, like cowboy action shoots?

Shooter's choice. Basically, there's a "classic manual" division for bolt and lever guns, a "classic auto" division for anything semi-auto pre-1946, then a Cold War-era division, and finally a modern division.

You could bring pretty much any gun you want as long as you've got the appropriate gear to keep the two guns running through the match. Like if you brought a Garand, you'd want appropriate webgear. When I go out there, I'll wear my rifle and pistol 3-gun gear.

One competitor this year who's a FFL07/02 brought a full-auto StG44 that was built from a de-milled parts kit. The guy TIG-welded the receiver back together.

StG44 - Resurrected from the Dead

Thats patience right there.
Gave me flashbacks of going to the 801st for the day and chopping barrels and recievers with a torch.

I made an ice cream cake for my daughter's birthday this weekend. 2 pints of Peaceful Meadows coffee. Crushed up Oreo cookies (not hte filling - that's key).

Slice one pint and make a base about 2-pints-high by one-point-wide. Cover with crumbles. Re-freeze. Take second pint, slice long-ways down teh middle. Set the half-pints on top of your base. Cover again with crumbles. Re-freeze. Finally, make some whipped-cream frosting -a half-batch will do. Use Marscapone instead of cream cheese - kills that tart-ness of the cream-cheese. Frost. Top with a sprinkle of crumbles. Re-freeze last time.

Take it out and let thaw for 10 min before eating.

We totally destroyed it. 4 of us killed it. Dessert brutality to the max.
Mmmmmm Peaceful Meadows.

Bloke on the Range's first day run with a Colt SP1 and Browning Hi Power:

There is also going to be a West Virginia Brutality match this May 16-17. Match location is approximately eight and a half hours away from RI where I am. I'll add this to my list of matches I intend to shoot next year because 5/15/20 is my law school commencement and my bar prep starts on 5/18. Bar exam > shooting, sadly.

So, hopefully the WV match goes well and there's a 2021 followup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom