• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Derry, Paxton, Westmoreland, and Greylock 2 Meter Repeaters

I don’t usually talk on the radio even though I’ve had my Tech for about a year now, I most just listen.

Working at home for the past week I’ve had my Icom 5100 / Diamond X200a on all week with local PD on one side and repeaters on the other. I decided to pick up the handset and see who I could reach. Made successful contacts on 2 meter repeaters in Derry NH (K1CA) Paxton (W1BIM) Greylock (K1FFK) and Westmoreland (K1TQY) repeaters from Gardner MA.

Currently my X200a is only mounted on the side of my house, and I need get it remounted a little higher to the peak, but I was pretty happy with the coverage (at least on that day)

DRB

Try to hit the one on top of Mount Washington. I find that I can hit this one really good 24/7. If you have any elevation at all you should be able to pick it up. Not too much traffic on it but it’s still neat to make a contact that far away.
AE1Y

Try to hit the one on top of Mount Washington. I find that I can hit this one really good 24/7. If you have any elevation at all you should be able to pick it up. Not too much traffic on it but it’s still neat to make a contact that far away.
AE1Y

Nope, nothing. Although it can’t help that my antenna is on the south facing side of my house not even half way up.

edit: Thinking about that, I’m pretty sure only the elevation on my house matters

Only if your doing moon bounce!
For me, the beam was a fun project. Gear motor in the basement driving sst tubing via reduction pulleys for 5 rpm. From there thru a closet on the first floor, thru the attic and out thru the roof. Duplex bearings along the line. Home brew indicator system tells me where the beam is pointing. Can rotate CW and CCW. Coax goes up thru the tube and out to the beam. HF radios went south some time ago, so now I just putter around on 2M. With the beam and the 75W Icom , I can hit many repeaters. Jack. W1FKG.

Back
Top Bottom