Derringer?

I just secured my Dad's firearms while he's dealing with a health issue. One of them is a Derringer from Cobra Enterprises in .22 Mag, long bore. I have no knowledge or experience with these, tell me about it ...

Cobra is the High Point of derringers. Cool little gun, but you can buy one new for like $100 in a free state. Double that in MA.

Be careful when you load it as the firing pin can hit t he primer when you close it. Put the gun on half cock before you load it to prevent this

Cobra is the High Point of derringers. Cool little gun, but you can buy one new for like $100 in a free state. Double that in MA.

Be careful when you load it as the firing pin can hit t he primer when you close it. Put the gun on half cock before you load it to prevent this

Just to clarity, "Hi-Point" is a manufacturer - of really cheap firearms.

So it's no compliment.

Read this review to get the idea: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/05/benjamin-t-shotzberger/gun-review-hi-point-c9-9mm-pistol/

$155 MSRP for a 9mm - you get what you pay for.

left-side1.jpg

As said, Cobra is in the same league.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog...cts_id/411549405/COB+BIG+BORE+9MM+2.75+BLKBLK

411549405.jpg

And only TWO chances to stop some yute ?

Not my cup of tea.

Cobra bought the machines from the now defunct Davis Industries (Davis was founded by the niece of George Jennings). Cobra guns are considered lower quality but they do have a lifetime warranty. You can send them to Cobra at any time and they will fix almost anything but a frame crack. Decent but made partially from ZAMAK... slightly better quality control than Davis. I have one in 38 sp and a couple older davis. I like them. They are nothing special but are rare here. You could change the caliber out with a few parts. PM with any questions that haven't been answered I have a lot of knowledge of ring of fire guns and cheapo derringers.

The derringer has a hammer block safety so accidental discharge while loading and/or dropping is not a concern as long as you use the safety. If you dry fire it, you will ruin it eventually- even with the safety on.

I just secured my Dad's firearms while he's dealing with a health issue. One of them is a Derringer from Cobra Enterprises in .22 Mag, long bore. I have no knowledge or experience with these, tell me about it ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom