Derr Precision Man Candy Colt

I really like how Herr Derr did not engrave lines on the back of the slide. With 1911s that are used, this invariably leads to an eventual extractor replacement which is not re-engraved and messes up the look. If I were to shoot a piece of art with such engraving, I would keep the original extractor separate. The exception is external extractor guns, but I have the look of the external pivoting extractor, with the exception of Infinity guns - the extractor is internal to the slide, with no extractor channel, so you get good looks on the back and side of the slide.

Last edited:
This 1981 Colt Combat Commander came from the factory with full coverage nickel plating- even the sights. The client, from a state that restricts some Colts wanted it more discreet. The nickel was reverse electrolysis stripped. Then the copper undercoating was blasted off. A blank canvas. All the original parts were tossed aside leaving the frame and slide. The frame was welded for a tight slide to frame fit. A Kart barrel with an EGW bushing was fit, all new internals of bar stock. 25 lpi checkering front and rear. A custom DP bobbed grips safety with a small pocket to accommodate the large ringed hammer. Flat topped with an arrow pattern. Gold line front sight up front and a Heinie at the back. John Aho made some awesome double diamond ironwood grips. I custom matched the Colt medallions to the IonBond smokes grey finish. My idea of "Man Candy".

wOd06H4.jpg

j8PJ9hD.jpg

sjeMTTR.jpg

iT3r5Q0.jpg

SV4lEhB.jpg
Wow. What a magnificent example.

Back
Top Bottom