Deputy responding to alarm call shoots armed homeowner in South Carolina, video shows

"the panic alarm came from a medical assist app on a resident’s phone, and was not a burglar alarm. There was no emergency response needed,"

So the cop approached the house with the gun drawn. Why was a gun drawn for an alleged medical emergency?

The emergency medical should have responded with an ambulance.

Wonder how much of the story we are missing.

Also wondering why the guy was walking around his house with the gun drawn in the dark. Not that he doesn't have the right to do it. He does. But why?

Could he have been chasing his wife around with the gun in a domestic violence situation and she hit the panic? She is up stairs and he is roaming around down stairs in the dark.
Could be a probable intruder situation.

Did they hear a noise and he grabbed his gun and she hit the panic?

Just some questions I think hopefully get answered.

Seems strange that if nothing was going on that the guy is just roaming his house in the dark with a firearm. Not that he doesn't have that right...it's just something I've never thought to do to just pass the time.

So what's your point exactly? Are you just trying to be a trolling a**h*** making foolish comments that make no sense?

There' no "no go" zones around here and a cruiser seen traveling on a highway at normal speed is not even slight evidence of them fleeing anyone or anywhere.
Briefly: I missed the "usually" in your post. It sure seemed to me that
if you were always headed in the opposite direction to the cops,
one of you were headed away from trouble/one towards it,
and what if you were That Guy with a lot of bad luck...
Seems you are making a habit of trolling my posts lately with foolish nonsense.
News to me.

I suppose it's too much to ask that the NRA would make a statement in support of the victims of trigger happy cops that open fire at the first indication of a gun, even in scenarios where it is 100% lawful to be armed. Maybe we should be happy that a NRA spokesperson hasn't blamed him for being shot, like they did with Castile.

It's not even clear there was an alarm! raises questions though about why they were summoned there to begin with....

Some company called “5Star Urgent Response” called 911 and told them they had an “open silent alarm” from a subscriber and that it was a “panic alarm” from a cell phone activation and gave that address. But it sure doesn’t sound like it came from the guy or his wife.

Some company called “5Star Urgent Response” called 911 and told them they had an “open silent alarm” from a subscriber and that it was a “panic alarm” from a cell phone activation and gave that address. But it sure doesn’t sound like it came from the guy or his wife.

So it seems 5Star Urgent Response effed up big time.

It’s the newest form of swatting. We can call it Alarming...

“Help I’ve fallen and need to get shot up...”

I did some more reading and the alarm my have came from the guys mother-in-law, who apparently lives with them. There’s a saying about in-laws...

Also he was actually shot FOUR times. Two just grazed him apparently.

When the police were questioned why they claimed repeatedly the man opened the door and pointed a gun at the cop wouldn’t comment. They made several statements and left up that narrative for nearly a month on their fb page.

There’s a video of a sheriffs department lieutenant who says they guy “immediately jerked open the door, presented a handgun and pointed it directly at the deputy”. These statements aren’t simple errors. Either he was lied to about what happened, or decided to on his own add details and lie to make the shooting look better.

Wait a second. I thought stuff like this only happened to brown people?

Eveeyone makes mistakes.

“Why’d you shoot me? I can’t believe you shot me!”

“Alllll right sir, lets just focus on keeping you alive right now”

Seriously, guy was super chill about shooting someone. Idk if that’s a good thing or a bad thing.

Wait a second. I thought stuff like this only happened to brown people?
Fun fact, all races are equally likely to be shot by police based on how often they interact with police. The rate of interactions are directly tied to how much you make a year and have zero to do with the color of your skin. Who knew? Well, anyone who reads government reports on police shootings, but what fun is that when you can just blame white men for everything that's wrong in the world. Speaking of which, I think the debate just ended. I need to go read what I did wrong and need to fork money over for now

Alarms are mostly useful when you are away from your place to get someone responding.

A dog is better when you're home.
that is a good point. I have a home alarm, but have NEVER turned it on when i am home. Only while away.

My home alarm is on Chime mode always - tells me if anything opens. I set it when away.

I now have 100% Ring coverage of the perimeter and one on the inside front door/entry that gets activated when away or if I have someone at the door.

I know about the ‘issues’ with Ring being owned by Amazon and all - it’s a simple solution for me.

If I see someone creeping around outside with a gun, I’m getting a bigger one. I don’t care what costume he has on, until they identify themselves satisfactorily to me, they are an unknown.

At least the homeowner is still alive. Getting shot because the cop sees a gun and then lying about it doesn't surprise me at all, sadly. The video will toast the cop and enrich the wounded homeowner. I just hope his wounds aren't crippling.
Will it really toast the LEO?
Im not talking about not working in that department anymore.
Im at this mind state right now.
Did the cop f*** up...yeah but once he started making shit up to cover up that f*** up. Well that changes things.
Should be stripped of any chance of LEO employment again. Pension gone and have a nice day boot in the ass minimum ?

Last edited:
Eveeyone makes mistakes.

“Why’d you shoot me? I can’t believe you shot me!”

“Alllll right sir, lets just focus on keeping you alive right now”

Seriously, guy was super chill about shooting someone. Idk if that’s a good thing or a bad thing.
This reminds me of a flip side story.
Cop shot a old man reaching for his cane in the back of truck on a road side stop.
The cop was very emotional when he knew he messed up.
Audio has the officer crying and the old guy says something like "why are YOU crying Im the one that got shot."

There also should be mandatory minimum jail time for cops lying to cover up.

Sooooooo
If there wasn’t a video, the homeowner would have somehow gotten arrested
For sure
Absolutely
Not a doubt in my mind

The peace officer would just make up a story ( as he did ) to cover his ass
Gotta love doorbell & body cams
Oh yeah!

Shoot innocent guy in his own home through a window while you are outside, and the lie about it, and if you're a cop, you're good to go. Not only is that not a crime, it's not even a policy violation! Heroes.

Shoot innocent guy in his own home through a window while you are outside, and the lie about it, and if you're a cop, you're good to go. Not only is that not a crime, it's not even a policy violation! Heroes.

That's the state of policing in this country. There isn't even a consensus among the public that the police shouldn't routinely violate civil rights, we aren't even close to being at a point where the public wants to discuss the appropriateness of particular tactics and policies.

So yeah, a police officer skulks around a man's house at night and immediately shoots the resident that is investigating an unannounced prowler. This cop is simply bad at his job and should find a new profession, but that isn't going to happen. The city will pay out any civil damages and that will be the end of the matter.

Last edited:
I’m sure that report was just an honest mistake because shooting through a window at someone inside a house is easily confused with someone opening their door and pointing a gun. I know I constantly confuse looking out windows with walking out doors so can totally see this mistake happening.

Video below:

This. I drive by the local gym every morning and look through the windows. This way I get a workout for free.

Back
Top Bottom