• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Deputy killed in no knock but

The article is below.

It appears they will still go after the guy on the pot charges and may try another grand jury for another result. I would have to believe that is not what they expected to get returned from the GJ.

Searched for dupes but did not see any before posting, if one is found hopefully a mod can delete or lock this one.

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/...led-by-Grand-Jury-243993261.html?device=phone

Last edited:
Shot Magg, I guess there are so many of these I cannot keep them straight. Time for me to go back to bed and start over.

JW,

Not disagreeing with you. I just felt most folks would actually like to see the guy is not getting charged for once.

A tragedy. Nobody would have died if the cops wouldn't have insisted on this no-knock crap. A man lost his life, over a few plants. Calling this a good thing is pushing it, I think. Mcgee will do time for the plants.
The kid won't know his father (which may or may not be a bad thing in this case), a mother will mourn her son. Nobody really wins a fight. Ever.

I guess its a step in the right direction, surprised he made it out alive though.

Though I agree with this being a tragedy for the family of the deputy. According to the article, He is the one who filed for the warrant and requested it be "No Knock", So he got what his ego bought him.

This is only going to get worse as the cops step up their use of these tactics.

hey finally we can use this in reference to a cop

"play stupid games, win stupid prizes"!

A good story for once? Someone died regardless of this being fail all around, of course all LEO's are terrible creatures and deserve the guillotine.

sorry, should have said "a good outcome compared to how these stories usually end"

break into someone's home, get shot, don't we love those stories on NES?

The comments there are actually pretty encouraging. It seems a lot of people are beginning to notice these raids and voice their opposition to them.

Tragic that someone had to lose their life in the process.

No knock warrants will now be stepped up, the next person on the wrong end of one will be shot now if they even hesitate to obey all orders.
Does common sense even come into play, starting with the judge that OK's these type of search warrants? Doesn't the judge ask why does it need to be a no knock forced entry? It would be much easier to wait for the guy to come out of the house and surprise him.

No knock warrants will now be stepped up, the next person on the wrong end of one will be shot now if they even hesitate to obey all orders.
Does common sense even come into play, starting with the judge that OK's these type of search warrants? Doesn't the judge ask why does it need to be a no knock forced entry? It would be much easier to wait for the guy to come out of the house and surprise him.
much easier, safer and make more sense, but much less fun and less chance of getting to use your cool toys

Myabe just maybe this and other rulings will begin to give the police the idea that they may want to return to the old way of processing search warrants. Anyone bashing all cops for this stuff really needs to calm down. Cops are people like us lots of the young ones are jacked up on the power trip but with that are many officers that can and will communicate and use better judgement. I know a young state trooper he comes from a family of cops and he is very level headed and communicates well. He for one is on one of the reaction teams an says that there are guys on there that are just waiting for the call day by day just itching to kick in doors. He says those guys make it very difficult to do the job properly.
No knocks are dangerous all around and he thinks they are the worst kind of enforcement because it's so widely used for even the smallest of felonies.
In this case it is good the guy wasn't charged with murder but all around it is definitely a tragedy. The drug war is costing more than just money. that shit has to stop.

A good story for once? Someone died regardless of this being fail all around, of course all LEO's are terrible creatures and deserve the guillotine.

no, not all cops, but this one. **** him. glad he's dead, now he can't terrorize innocent people anymore like the ****ing Nazi he [STRIKE=is]is[/STRIKE] was.

Knock it off (pun intended) with the use of logic. That has no place in our policing these days.

I don't get pleasure out of people getting killed, but I certainly can't feel bad about the outcome. Your home is your castle, and you have every right to defend yourself and your family. Having a badge doesn't give you the right to threaten that, and having some plants doesn't either.

all this over a couple of plants. they could just wait it out. the home owner is going to come out for munchies eventually. this no knock is just stupid. i can't believe there are judges who sign off on these.

people like us that live under a completely different set of rules and punish those who do the same that aren't part of their group

I understand, but not all of them are the jackbooted thugs we see so much of or focus on for that matter. They are still people like us that have families and realize they have to live with the people they subjugate. Some just think they are on the "winning team" and are on a power trip so we tend to focus on all of them a lot. That's all I am saying. Open mind and all that crap right?

Last edited:
I understand, but not all of them are the jackbooted thugs we see so much of or focus on for that matter. They are still people like us that have families and realize they have to live with the people they subjugate. Some just think they are on the "winning team" and are on a power trip so we tend to focus on all of them a lot. That's all I am saying. Open mind and all that crap right?
I agree completely

Tough Shit! Maybe it is time to end the use of "No Knock" Warrants. The war on drugs should also be ended. As far as I am concerned the deputy used the SWAT unit and the No Knock warrant because he could.

Time to start acting like a cop instead of an Urban Warfare Unit.

This. Im no fan of pot but seriously this wasnt some huge grow house.
Barney fife could have figured it out by looking at the electric bill.

Enter with a no knock you get what you deserve

Cant believe there were no dogs shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom