• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Denying gun ownership for mental health issues….

It is not easy to get confined either since a judge has to agree with the shrink that you are a danger ..
It is also illegal now to lose your ltc without due process.
That Pesky Constitution...makes it hard for Statists to state. Although not sure how fair due process is when administered for show bt anti-Freedom Agents of the State (Judges and CLEO).

Uhoh, I'm probably clinically, pathologically paranoid for writing that...

the problem of batshit crazy people getting access to guns is a real one...just look at sandy hook! Mom KNEW her kid was batshit crazy but left her guns out in the open for him.

But the REAL problem with a law....we KNOW these liberal politicians are just trying to confiscate our guns, so ANY LEGISLATION they put forward has to be viewed as one step along the confiscation path. There is no way we should willingly accept any sort of compromise with these people until our gun rights are completely guaranteed.

For instance, they pass this law, then come to confiscate your guns one day saying "We went back to your Jr. high school records, and found that you had a violent 'confrontation' with Jimmy Jones on the playground in 8th grade, and you are now deemed unsuitable! You demonstrated many micro-aggressions at the time." [rofl]

There is no way we should willingly accept any sort of compromise with these people until our gun rights are completely guaranteed.
No compromise without getting something.

Background check on private sales - tell the other side fine if we get nationwide "shall issue" and mandatory reciprocity. That alone will be enough to kill it :)

The only time I have seen a real compromise was the pre-Brady WA state waiting period. They got a waiting period; we got the may-issue CCW system changed to shall-issue, with a waiting period exemption for CCW holders.

Once that stuff happens, it's all down hill. The gubmint will deem anything that isn't statist-thinking to be a mental illness.

Background check on private sales - tell the other side fine if we get nationwide "shall issue" and mandatory reciprocity. That alone will be enough to kill it :)

Background checks is backdoor registration which leads to front door confiscation.

The other side can't stand that the NRA and gun owners are unwilling to negotiate on their rights. Their plan is to move the goal posts after every "compromise", ending in bans and confiscation.

The viewpoint in the OP is pretty standard. We don't want to ostracize the mentally ill, so we shouldn't restrict them based on mental illness. Therefore, we should just ban all guns. Alternatively, since so many Americans are taking various antidepressants, restricting on 'mental illness' is a great way to blanket disqualify close to half the population.

Any way you look at it, there is a great mix of hypocrisy and disingenuousness in the argument.

Lately, I have found that I am losing the ability to rationally discuss gun control with people. I am just so tired of listening to the same old horseshit that I start ranting about liberal ***holes and statists. I have come to the conclusion that there really isn't anything left to talk about. They want my guns. No.

Last edited:
That is exactly what an NH state rep. said in opposition to a bill on this subject when it went up for vote recently , either this last session , or the session before.

The gun grabbers are looking for any reason they can to deny gun ownership and if they can do it for mental health reason suddenly everyone will be denied for mental health reasons and the denied will have to pay to get it overturned.

If taking away everyones right to a firearm will save the life of even just ONE CHILD they believe it is worth it.

Spoiler alert!!! The antis don't care about the children

Libtard thinking: If you're crazy enough to own firearms you're mentally ill. A self-fulfilling prophecy!

And certainly a sold 99.9%+ of the members of NES are just plain nuts anyway... OP included!

Two of my children received the gift of handguns from Santa. My son wanted a Glock 43. My daughter a Sig 938. They were very happy campers!

And there was much rejoicing!!!

:)

Back
Top Bottom