• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dennis pd officer shoots self

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Dennis police officer shoots self in the hand during training. It's in the Cape Cod Times breaking news area. I'm not posting link because you have to register to see it.

I saw this and couldn't beleive it! I hope the officer is seriously reprimanded and if kept on the job given a desk position where carrying a gun is not required...This is the kind of incident that legislators in MA look forward to use as justification....

I saw this and I couldn't beleive it! I hope the office is not seriously hurt.

A local police officer accidentally shot himself in the hand while cleaning his service revolver Wednesday , Police Chief Michael Whalen said.
maybe if he was using a pistol he would have cleared it before cleaning it

maybe if he was using a pistol he would have cleared it before cleaning it

They use Glock 22's. (spare the retarded Glock jokes)

I can only assume from the text of the article, this was a simple case of failing to check the chamber prior to disassembly of the firearm.

I have never figured out why the phrase "service revolver" was still used referring to a police officer's firearm as the "standard" phrase still?

They use Glock 22's. (spare the retarded Glock jokes)

I can only assume from the text of the article, this was a simple case of failing to check the chamber prior to disassembly of the firearm.

I have never figured out why the phrase "service revolver" was still used referring to a police officer's firearm as the "standard" phrase still?

because there really are not journalist like there once was?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom