• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Denied?

In fact, don't bother with the letter to your PD. Just call the CHSB as Ken suggests, (617) 660-4600, and ask them first. They're friendly and efficient. Then, when they invariably tell you it's not their fault, you can contact your local PD with that information already in hand.

When I called them the other day they told me I had to contact my local PD. My application was submitted on Nov. 5th and I have yet to hear anything.

Last edited:
O well, not hear to impress you or to convince you of something. Thanks for the wishes though.

And as people are saying, obey the transport laws. The only places I can transport the gun would be to my house or the range, correct? Would I be able to keep it locked up, and in 2 peices in my trunk just going to my buddies house, or my fathers house?

Did you end up having your license suspended? Seven tickets plus running the stop sign should have resulted in at least a one month license suspension.

Did you end up having your license suspended? Seven tickets plus running the stop sign should have resulted in at least a one month license suspension.

at LEAST, depending on the time frame it all happened, of course. At very least, he shouldve been threatened with license suspension if he does not complete the driver re-education course

I got pulled over one time when I was a kid and the cop gave me shit because I had a flashlight like his.You know the kind,the long black ones with 4-D batteries in it.....He told me that only police were supposed to carry them.Thats no lie!!!

Yes I got a 1 month suspension. Should have gotten longer, but I needed it for college so he went a bit light on the punishment and I got 1 month probation instead of 6 months. It was worth the trade for me because I needed to attend all my classes

Yeah, I am wondering how one gets probation for running a stop sign. This should be an interesting story.

Maybe there was a bloody dog leash on bumper and funny smell coming from said vehicle? Just kidding, welcome and good luck. I am just a journeyman, don't hold it against me.[grin]

Did Tony Amaral (ticket tony) give you a ticket in lakeville....and if he did was it on let me guess Rt 79? He's got a bad rap, he isn't that bad of a guy...i had a long talk with him that time he arrested me, he is just really by the books. His Brother is officer Amaral in Middleboro, is another story.

Last edited:
When I called them the other day they told me I had to contact my local PD. My application was submitted on Nov. 5th and I have yet to hear anything.

when you call CHSB, you tell them that you tried your local PD, but they were unwilling to give you any help. I did that and the CHSB spilled it all. I ahd dates of approval, everything.

Ya it was Ticket Tony, twice, on Rt 79...Not Surprising

Thought about this for a day before posting, and Tspills, here is my advice.

Sounds like a combination of youthful exuberance in your past, combined with getting a bad reputation and some bad luck. It all adds up.

So, what are the LEOs looking at when they pull you over. A history of marginal bad guy stuff, so they do not give you the benefit of the doubt, and expect to find you doing bad guy stuff again.

1st thing I would do is walk up to your car and change the throttle spring (assuming you have one). It is the spring that helps you push down the accelerator pedal with your foot. If that spring is stiffer, it will require you to push down on the pedal a lot harder, and consequently, you will find yourself naturally driving around town at a lower speed. You DO NOT want any more traffic stops, especially if you are carrying your new rifle in the trunk.

Next, think about a bit of a marketing campaign to show "the world" that you have turned a corner in your life, and are through with any midemeanoring ways of the past. Check out a church group, local civic group, hospital, etc, and donate some of your time each month for good. There are plenty of people out there in need of help. Spending some of your time in helping them will show the LEOs that maybe they have been wrong about you.

Finally, after a couple of years of squeeky clean living and donating your time to charities, see another lawyer (not your uncle) about expunging your juvenile record. The more stuff they can get off of there, the more you will look good.

And as far as firearms handling, there are no shortcuts. There are specific and many rules about how you handle your new rifle. I strongly suggest that you sign up for the massachusetts basic hunter safety training course. They are FREE and just take up a few nights of your time. You will be taught in detail the safe way to handle fireams. There is probably A LOT of stuff you do not know about them. You have a big responsibility once you are given the FID card. Your past record suggests that you do not take certain rules seriously (traffic rules, for example). That attitude must change before you start shooting. The rules of safe firearms handling have to be taken seriously.

Just my two cents worth. Good luck young man!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom