• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Denied?

It has been 7 weeks on Wednesday that I have been waiting for a simple FID card. Im guessing I was denied or my local police enjoy giving young people a hard time. I was on probation last year for a civil offense, but if I was clean throughout my probation period it would be dropped(I didnt stop at a stop sign). My probation period is over. I have no other charges except speeding tickets. I went to my local PD and asked if they had it and why they didnt if thye did not, and they told me to leave and they would call me when they get it. Should I call the state police or bring it to court or just wait?

I hate Massachusetts..

Out of aggrevation I didn't use the search function. A few threads below me regards this same topic, so I am sorry for the repeat.

I can see by your join date that you are new here. Welcome to the forum and chime back in if you can't get the answers you need.

--Mike

FID's are " must issue" they would have to come up with a hell of a lot more than traffic tickets to legally deny you.

I'd write them a letter asking them if the delay is on their end or the States end.
Send it Certified mail return receipt requested

Then when they tell you it's the state, contact CHSB. They'll likely tell you that (1) your local PD hasn't even bothered to send in your application yet, or (2) they sent your approval back to the PD back in mid-November.

Ken

Then when they tell you it's the state, contact CHSB. They'll likely tell you that (1) your local PD hasn't even bothered to send in your application yet, or (2) they sent your approval back to the PD back in mid-November.

In fact, don't bother with the letter to your PD. Just call the CHSB as Ken suggests, (617) 660-4600, and ask them first. They're friendly and efficient. Then, when they invariably tell you it's not their fault, you can contact your local PD with that information already in hand.

They called it driving with intent to harm because a witness said I was speeding. So i got one year of unsupervised probation and was fined 500$ so the beautiful state of Mass could use it for nonsense. They said it was a criminal offense, however my clear record and a clean one year of probation would erase it, and I would just have a civil offense on my record. So i have no criminal offense. If I got arrested during my probation I was facing a 1-2year jail sentence, although I am still confused as to why they would waste time and money trying to put a kid running a stop sign on accident in jail. Baffles me.
Would This at all affect getting an FID?

In fact, don't bother with the letter to your PD. Just call the CHSB as Ken suggests, (617) 660-4600, and ask them first. They're friendly and efficient. Then, when they invariably tell you it's not their fault, you can contact your local PD with that information already in hand.

They would know if my FID went through and back to my local PD?

Ok I called and they said they sent it to my PD over a week ago. Ill give them the benefit of the doubt and figure they may not have it due to the holidays and ill check with them in the coming days.

They called it driving with intent to harm because a witness said I was speeding. So i got one year of unsupervised probation and was fined 500$ so the beautiful state of Mass could use it for nonsense. They said it was a criminal offense, however my clear record and a clean one year of probation would erase it, and I would just have a civil offense on my record. So i have no criminal offense. If I got arrested during my probation I was facing a 1-2year jail sentence, although I am still confused as to why they would waste time and money trying to put a kid running a stop sign on accident in jail. Baffles me.
Would This at all affect getting an FID?

You should have gotten a better lawyer, or you pissed off the cop or something, because that is beyond belief they would go through this for a traffic infraction. I have heard of violent criminals getting less than that. In fact, that kid who had the gun his little brother used to shoot himself got the same penalty I think. Maybe a little longer probation.

You should have gotten a better lawyer, or you pissed off the cop or something, because that is beyond belief they would go through this for a traffic infraction. I have heard of violent criminals getting less than that. In fact, that kid who had the gun his little brother used to shoot himself got the same penalty I think. Maybe a little longer probation.

Me thinks our young friend is oversimplifying the incident where he was charged.

There is no such charge as "driving with intent to harm"

I have a feeling he/she was charged with operating to endanger and there was more to it than just "accidently running a stop sign"

Just my professional observation.

Regardless....based upon what the disposition appears to have been...he should be able to obtain the FID.

If you got a criminal offense for not stopping at a stop sign, you must have either been going 200 MPH or been trying to run down the mailman.

Operating to endanger is what i was charged with, i forgot what it was called so i reffered to it as intent to harm. Town of Lakeville, not where im from, but I have 7 speeding tickets in that one town. I have never driven in it for over a year and I don't have any other speeding tickets. Go figure.
I had a polcie baton in my car I had just bought, and the cop took it and said I could be charged with concealing illegal weapons. So ya i did piss him off. He didnt bother charging me. However i was charged with(but it was dropped) driving to endanger. I went to court insisting I wasn't trying o endanger anyone however I am 20 years old and I had 7 tickets. So I dont think my story mattered much.

Glockaholic, I suspect the person's memory is shaky or they are softening the blow to give them a false sense of getting an LTC [wink]

FID's are " must issue" they would have to come up with a hell of a lot more than traffic tickets to legally deny you.

I'd write them a letter asking them if the delay is on their end or the States end.
Send it Certified mail return receipt requested

I think you mean "shall issue"?

Seven Speeding tickets???? In one town?????

I don't generally engage in self-righteous second-guessing, but
are there some responsibility issues you need to address here?

You seem to blow these off as being insignificant, but I don't get this.

Again. I'm not trying to be accusatory[grin], it just makes me wonder how many other things we don't know about.

Yes 7 speeding tickets. In all honsetly the police completely lied about 2 or 3 of them. And i got the operating ot endanger due to running a stop sign, the cops said i could have killed someone or myself on the road, so i was charged with operating to endanger. Kind of simple, i dont get all the questions.

Anyways, i got my FID at 830pm today. Went out and got a Remington 870 and some target loads. Got a 30 rebate if i send it out tomorrow, all for about 300$, so it ends up at 270 for the gun and ammo. I shot a few rounds through it and Im very happy with it. Next thing to do is look for a nice reliable rifle.

Thanks for all the help guys, and criticism. Haha

Yes 7 speeding tickets. In all honsetly the police completely lied about 2 or 3 of them. And i got the operating ot endanger due to running a stop sign, the cops said i could have killed someone or myself on the road, so i was charged with operating to endanger. Kind of simple, i dont get all the questions.

Anyways, i got my FID at 830pm today. Went out and got a Remington 870 and some target loads. Got a 30 rebate if i send it out tomorrow, all for about 300$, so it ends up at 270 for the gun and ammo. I shot a few rounds through it and Im very happy with it. Next thing to do is look for a nice reliable rifle.

Thanks for all the help guys, and criticism. Haha

Sometimes you just have a run of bad luck. Especially once the local PD gets to know you. Good luck with the new gun and .... slow the heck down!

Sometimes you just have a run of bad luck. Especially once the local PD gets to know you. Good luck with the new gun and .... slow the heck down!
Exactly, I know a thing or two about a lengthy driving record. Once you get to three pages worth you don't get the same liberty to drive reasonably over the speed limit like someone with a clean record can.

Back
Top Bottom