• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dems “Outnumber” GOPs - in Polls

MaverickNH

NES Member
Why public opinion polls don’t include the same number of Republicans and Democrats

Pew Research explaining why surveys do not include equal numbers of Democrats and Republican. Their reference data indicates ~20% more self-identify as Democrats than Republicans - apparently who indicate that they will vote for Democratic candidates but don’t when it comes time to pull a lever on Election Day. But happy to whine when Republicans win.

political polling in this country is trash at this point, because they end up sampling shitty groups of people.

Why public opinion polls don’t include the same number of Republicans and Democrats

Pew Research explaining why surveys do not include equal numbers of Democrats and Republican. Their reference data indicates ~20% more self-identify as Democrats than Republicans - apparently who indicate that they will vote for Democratic candidates but don’t when it comes time to pull a lever on Election Day. But happy to whine when Republicans win.
Wow, shocker (sarcasm). They just found out about this?

We have known this since Trump won. You would see everyone on the news and the street saying they didnt vote for Trump ... maybe he used magic to win ... or maybe all the polls and news were full of sh*t.

political polling in this country is trash at this point, because they end up sampling shitty groups of people.
I dont think it is. I think it is a problem of the news just making up their numbers.

A good agency will do a good job, but I'm sure many of those polls stay private for whoever paid for them.

But there is the "denial factor" from Trump voters. Like I always say, if anyone asks me on the street, I say "I love Hillary and Warren".

I dont think it is. I think it is a problem of the news just making up their numbers.

A good agency will do a good job, but I'm sure many of those polls stay private for whoever paid for them.

But there is the "denial factor" from Trump voters. Like I always say, if anyone asks me on the street, I say "I love Hillary and Warren".

That might get you an ass kicking some places.....:D

I'd also posit a disproportionate amount of independents that vote Republican.

I'm fiercely independant but when push comes to shove it's the best man for office and more often than not I think that's a R.

That's because the "republican" party in the traditional sense is a dying breed. People are much more libertarian now.
The "traditional sense" isn't very traditional. The Republican Party was traditionally pretty libertarian: against big government, against foreign wars, pro-Constitution.

The recent warmongering big government moralistic wing is an aberration.

Wow, shocker (sarcasm). They just found out about this?

We have known this since Trump won. You would see everyone on the news and the street saying they didnt vote for Trump ... maybe he used magic to win ... or maybe all the polls and news were full of sh*t.

Anti-Conservatives are a militant bunch. Eight years of Obama and not a single person outside of the line at a gun show started a conversation with “how about that F’er in the White House!?” Three years in, they’ll start talking to you about Trump in line at the bank. ???

They tear up political signs. They assault people. They are militant.

Conservatives - we operate quietly and regularly.

After what happened in 2016, I'll never listen to another poll again. That proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that polls lie.

After what happened in 2016, I'll never listen to another poll again. That proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that polls lie.

I think polls reveal the truth but pollsters have learned to lie to those who pay them - at least the good ones. Polling is a very well-developed science with all sorts of ways to manipulate the outcomes buried in the process and analysis. Weighting, age-correction, period selection - all ways to influence results. Who takes gun polls 2-3 weeks after a mass killing when the media cycle has dampened out? Nobody. We all know why.

Anti-Conservatives are a militant bunch. Eight years of Obama and not a single person outside of the line at a gun show started a conversation with “how about that F’er in the White House!?” Three years in, they’ll start talking to you about Trump in line at the bank. ???

They tear up political signs. They assault people. They are militant.

Conservatives - we operate quietly and regularly.

I think this depends on where you live in the country. I could imagine some old geezer in Kansas going up to you in a bank in 2011 complaining about "Obummer." That's something an old person would do because they don't get out much and want someone to talk to.

Put another way, I highly doubt the majority of people in deep red states are complaining about the Don actively in public.

I'm talking businessmen, housewives, gas station attendants. It isn't just crazy-old-guys.

And I'm betting big time that if someone was torching Hillary signs in the mid-west 4 years ago, we would have heard about it 15x a day on the news.

Best in life: Guy up the street (Rt 140 in Taunton about a mile from the Norton Line) has a Trump 2020 - Lets Stop the BS (or something like that) sign in his front yard. LOL

How many polls do you see in newspapers or on web sites that direct you to facebook or other social media sites for the actual poll? I don't think there are as many republicans willing to go on those sites so the polls don't get fair representation of republicans. Is this done on purpose?? Ancient Alien Theorists say..."YES!"

I truly believe that when it comes time for someone to go behind the screen and actually pull the lever, they realize how effed up the Democrats are and they can't bring themselves to vote for a Dem. That's why the polls can be soooo screwed up...

Back
Top Bottom