Democrats steal Virginia - You're next

C. Stockwell

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Meh, the old 60's counter culture hippies up in the hill towns are dying off.
Western Mass has historically been very progressive when you look at the cities like Northampton, Amherst, and Springfield. Calvin Coolidge, back when he ran as a Republican town and state politician, had progressive views and was part of the Western Mass progressive clique. Coolidge's main allies when he was a state pol were Boston Democrats, who presumably weren't tubthumping conservatives like their Southron brethren.

Vermont has a similar political history - its always been progressive going back to the days of Ethan Allen.

What changed for these two areas wasn't so much the population (yeah, NY hippies moved in), but the parties. Before the 60s and 70s, you could have both urban progressives and rural conservatives both voting Republican in New England. Once the GOP became more conservative, the New England progressives went to the Dems. There's also the ethnic breakdowns of party loyalty.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're not actually going to try to make a case/argument that the election (or any election) is free of dem voter fraud are you?

There's a reason behind the dem mantra "Vote early and often".
Dem mantra? That is the mantra even for every election including the one held on Tue for 4th grade class president. Glad I bought stock in all aluminum foil companies!

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Like Barney Frank?
Look at the map of his district.
Massachusetts lost a Rep because legal population went down.
How many years ago did the Democrats Gerrymander Barney's district?
60 years ago.
I got Germany-Mandered into Frank'n'beans back in the. . . . 90's I think. His district is Newton. And it meanders southeast from Newton to the Cape. WTF,O???? Talk about not getting represented!

Western Mass has historically been very progressive when you look at the cities like Northampton, Amherst, and Springfield. Calvin Coolidge, back when he ran as a Republican town and state politician, had progressive views and was part of the Western Mass progressive clique. Coolidge's main allies when he was a state pol were Boston Democrats, who presumably weren't tubthumping conservatives like their Southron brethren.

Vermont has a similar political history - its always been progressive going back to the days of Ethan Allen.

What changed for these two areas wasn't so much the population (yeah, NY hippies moved in), but the parties. Before the 60s and 70s, you could have both urban progressives and rural conservatives both voting Republican in New England. Once the GOP became more conservative, the New England progressives went to the Dems. There's also the ethnic breakdowns of party loyalty.
Damned hippies!

Remember - Progressive means we want to change X and we want to use YOUR money to do it.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Do a little research...it's only the liberal left leaning media that says there is no voter fraud in NH. I have seen the results personally regarding the investigations by a one Mr. Ed Naile. Google him. He is fighting an uphill battle trying to prove this because our AG doesn't want to hear it. Our AG's head is in the sand and all the media outlets in NH are in lock step calling Mr. Naile a liar (or worse). Contact Ed...he's a great guy and will show you the evidence if you ask. If the Dems thought the fraud was being committed by the conservatives, you'd NEVER hear the end of it.

Here's a start if you're so inclined

You're right about Ed Naile, he's as tenacious as a bulldog. Take a moment and read timbo's post, it's worth it.

tazman

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trump lost VA in 2016, so no skin off our rosy noses if VA becomes permanently blue. Our next former Confederate battleground state is NC, which I could also see going blue within a generation because of massive influxes of northerners moving to the area.

Couldn't pay me to live down there but what do I know.
The Stupidity is STRONG with this one
1573137734399.png

C. Stockwell

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Stupidity is STRONG with this one
If you think paying attention to VA's voting tendencies for the last few elections is "stupid," then I don't know what to tell you. They went Obama 2008, Obama 2012, and Clinton 2016. Trump isn't reversing that trend in 2020.

As for NC, they voted for Obama in 2008 and Trump only won in 2016 49% to 46%. If NC was a bastion of conservatism, he'd win by 55%, 60%. But it isn't.

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's pretty simple. Matt Bevin was unpopular in Kentucky. He received 704,000+ votes and the Dem, Beshear received 709,000+. All the other Republicans running won with higher voting numbers than Beshear and Bevin:

Daniel Cameron - 823,000
Ryan Quarles - 821,000
Mike Harmon - 779,000
Michael Adams - 746,000
Allison Ball - 856,000

You can also make a case that the Libertarian, Hicks, ran in the race receiving 28,000+ votes also helped to beat Bevin. A large percentage of those voters most likely would have voted Republican and put Bevin over the top.

It's pretty hard to make a case for voter fraud when all the other Republicans running received anywhere from 40,000 to 152,000 more votes than Bevin received as governor. He was simply unpopular and as recent as last summer only had an approval rating of 33%.
The margin of other elections has no bearing on how many voters in each of the elections were fraudulent

the number of fraudulent votes only becomes impactful as the margin between candidates running for that election decreases and approaches the number of fraudulent votes cast

voter fraud has much more impact generally speaking on smaller elections like what we have in many towns here in NH where winner/loser is often decided by single digits

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If you think paying attention to VA's voting tendencies for the last few elections is "stupid," then I don't know what to tell you. They went Obama 2008, Obama 2012, and Clinton 2016. Trump isn't reversing that trend in 2020.

As for NC, they voted for Obama in 2008 and Trump only won in 2016 49% to 46%. If NC was a bastion of conservatism, he'd win by 55%, 60%. But it isn't.
There's a lot more to the election in Va

Both houses of the legislature were held by a razor thin margin and in a recent case the court over threw district maps by hiring a leftist/partisan to re-draw district maps that skewed the election for dems

bigben111435

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got Germany-Mandered into Frank'n'beans back in the. . . . 90's I think. His district is Newton. And it meanders southeast from Newton to the Cape. WTF,O????
Yup i am in the same boat, how is brookline and berkley in the same district, but brookline and brighton are not?
Meandering district lines is the correct analysis. The Mass 4th district squashes the voting power of the south coast specifically. And breaks up the once more conservative metro west.

Last edited:

C. Stockwell

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There's a lot more to the election in Va

Both houses of the legislature were held by a razor thin margin and in a recent case the court over threw district maps by hiring a leftist/partisan to re-draw district maps that skewed the election for dems

Yeah I've heard about that. VA is similar to NH in that regard.

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah I've heard about that. VA is similar to NH in that regard.
Its effed up

But the media and certain individuals are trying to read something into this weeks elections that is contrary to what actually happened......

Bevin lost because he was unpopular/ran a poor campaign......Trump almost pulled his bacon out of the fire though with the rally and closed the margin dramatically

People and the media are ignoring that in NJ the GOP took the only senate seat up for grabs and flipped it red and last I read they had also flipped 3 house seats and 2 more were too close to call

In Kentucky they elected their first african american to state wide office (AG) who is a huuuuuge trump supporter.......crickets on that one because the media doesnt like the narrative.

Rinse and repeat a whole raft of GOP wins across the south.....mostly predicted but not all.

But all the media can talk about is Va which was due to redistricting and Bevin for running a bad election......

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This is the type of thing that highlights that this shouldn't necessarily be a partisan issue. It's a national concern, and SHOULD be for those who vote period, regardless of
political affiliation. One would think that, one time, people could agree on something? this ONE thing maybe? [laugh]

The thing that makes it pretty obvious to me that dems, on average, likely benefit more from fraud, is the hue and cry about disenfranchising voters every time someone wants to change the laws to increase the requirements to vote- none of those motherf***ers ever say "well, we'll vote for your voter ID law as long as the people we're concerned about are accommodated" The dems like the system to be "loose and f***ey" because they know they can exploit it in certain districts to potentially affect the outcome of some elections.

There are TONS of ways to accommodate those needs of the "supposedly would-be disenfranchised voters" . And no voter with a functioning brain cell would have a problem paying for
any of it, considering after the first few elections the cost would drop pretty hard as more people obtained voter IDs.

-Mike
But there is a way to accommodate these asshats...it's called absentee ballots. I used them the whole time I was in the Navy. Only once in the 6 years I was in was I home on election day so I voted in my home town that time. Every other time I got my ballot in the mail a few weeks before the election...even when I was at sea. I just had my dad go to the town office and ask them to send me a ballot...small town then, about 300 voters so everyone knew everyone else. Not sure what the process is now but it can't be that difficult.

As a rule, I don't like IDs but in the case of voting I have arrived at the point that they are probably necessary, but like most everything else, they can be counterfeited too or gotten illegally.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i wonder, with the ultraleft howling at the moon...if we could not get those moderate democrats back into the GOP???

Buck F

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
i wonder, with the ultraleft howling at the moon...if we could not get those moderate democrats back into the GOP???
It's funny how they're howling about the Republican not conceding after what Stacey Abrams pulled when she lost GA.

rsj

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's really going on is the Red (and Blue) 'voting districts' are being flooded with invaders not to steal the vote (which is already a joke), but to get rid of the previous residents who grew up here and have some loyalty to the America they knew.

Glockster30

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The margin of other elections has no bearing on how many voters in each of the elections were fraudulent

the number of fraudulent votes only becomes impactful as the margin between candidates running for that election decreases and approaches the number of fraudulent votes cast

voter fraud has much more impact generally speaking on smaller elections like what we have in many towns here in NH where winner/loser is often decided by single digits

I only responded because in your post #11, you mentioned that due to the close margin between the candidates and the fact that Soros possibly targeted the Kentucky race, It strongly implied that voter fraud won it for the Dem candidate. However, in my opinion, voter fraud was not a factor. Did voter fraud occur? Most likely there was some but not enough to swing that race in the direction of the Dem after analyzing all the other votes that were cast for Republicans and Libertarians.

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I only responded because in your post #11, you mentioned that due to the close margin between the candidates and the fact that Soros possibly targeted the Kentucky race, It strongly implied that voter fraud won it for the Dem candidate. However, in my opinion, voter fraud was not a factor. Did voter fraud occur? Most likely there was some but not enough to swing that race in the direction of the Dem after analyzing all the other votes that were cast for Republicans and Libertarians.
Devil is in the details

Va house of delegates saw 6 seats flip

All six were subject to the redistricting the court ordered AND hired a leftists to do it....

Many/not all of the flipped seats were decided by small margins

Virginia House of Delegates District 83 - Ballotpedia was decided by 18 votes......and had 31 write ins

Voter fraud is the nullification of someones legitimate vote......its ALWAYS a factor.....the question is whether or not the margin is close enough to decide an election

omega42

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Last I read its 4k votes out of over 1 million......its well within the margin of voter fraud and kentucky has been a target of Soros and the Red for Ed bullschtein.......

Its a textbook example of how the left can and is targeting states/elections

the trump rally was too little, too late......Bevin is a rock star on the issues but didnt to a good job of being a politician/keeping people enguaged/turning out the vote......

The left is trying to discourage people from voting GOP and they are seeing some success.........at the same time they are trying to energize their base which they are also seeing some success with.....

I hate to say it but I think a large portion of the 2020 election is going to hinge on whether or not the DoJ prosecutes criminal behavior by oblunder and his cabal......no prosecutions/upholding rule of law and people will ask themselves why bother voting.....
I'd love to see it happen, but I don't think it will. If Hillary is serving a life sentence by this time next year I'll admit to being wrong.

All politics is local. I have no knowledge nor interest in KY politics, however I'll remind everyone that MA having a Republican governor hardly turned MA red. I suspect the same will hold true in KY.
If you're a conservative in MA you're already familiar with KY politics ... :eek:

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Gov. Ralph Northam confirms Virginia already 'working on' gun confiscation now that Democrats are in control

"Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam (R) of blackface fame boasted this week that his party is ready to implement an array of gun control measures in the commonwealth now that Democrats control all three branches of government, and his administration is already "working on" a plan for confiscating so-called "assault weapons" from law-abiding gun owners. "

Other than the fact that they are reporting his party incorrectly...

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Good luck. VA didn't go full-retard Dem. He's got a lot of people in that House that aren't going to be able to vote for that AND keep their jobs. And they all want, first and foremost, to keep their jobs.

Same reason that Irish president, O'Bama couldn't get gun control, or anything else outside of Pelosi-care, passed in the 2 years of majority rule.

This is the same saber-rattling everyone does when they seemingly have control. Hell, Bush-2 couldn't get his tax cuts permanentatized.

blindfire

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

And by " Once the GOP became more conservative..." you mean when the religious right took over the party.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Frickin Nixon. Frixon!

I'm not old enough. What things changed in the GOP during/after Nixon? There is a lot of discussion of how the Democrats have changed in the last 100 years but little on how the GOP did.

C. Stockwell

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Frickin Nixon. Frixon!

I'm not old enough. What things changed in the GOP during/after Nixon? There is a lot of discussion of how the Democrats have changed in the last 100 years but little on how the GOP did.
Nixon needed Southern votes to win. Before say 1968, most Southerners voted D. Dixiecrats. Nixon employed his "Southern Strategy" of appealing to the Deplorables of the day, white Southerners, to win in 68 and 72.

Southern strategy - Wikipedia

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
And by " Once the GOP became more conservative..." you mean when the religious right took over the party.

ROFLMAO.......thats like saying "When the Dem party stopped being the party of racism/hate/slavery"

It never happened.....

Top Bottom