1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Democrats Should Pay Reparations for Slavery and Abuse of Blacks

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by mikeyp, Mar 4, 2019.

1. mikeyp

mikeyp NES Member

Mike Stanton, Savage1, xjma99 and 4 others like this.

2. one-eyed Jack

one-eyed Jack Manufacturer Dealer NES Member

With my $$? Jack.

Mountain likes this.
  3. mikeyp

mikeyp NES Member

In the article:

So, if Democrats want reparations to atone for their nearly 200 years of anti-black sins, they should finance them. From Barbra Streisand to George Clooney to Tom Steyer to George Soros, the Democratic 1 percentersshould shove their billions into a huge pile and then show us the money!

4. blindfire

blindfire NES Member

Dave Chappelle already covered this. :)

In God We Trust, mibro and mjbitt like this.
  5. GM-GUY

GM-GUY NES Member

They have figured out $1.5 Million per slave descendant. You are talking over $40 Trillion in payments - want to see hyper-inflation and rioting in the streets? This is how you do it.

By the broadest measure, there is $80 Trillion in the world in circulation - so it would become $120 Trillion with conjured money.

<<<<OR>>>>>

A one time tax on every person of $125,000 in the US. A family of four would be at $500,000.

Big hearing on this the other day - they are serious and if they win PotUS and both houses of Congress - it’s coming.

Mike Stanton and calsdad like this.
  6. new guy

new guy NES Member

Never happen. The precedent would be too problematic, never mind that it might just be go time for a decent number of people. I think this is posturing and virtue signaling from the self-loathing, self destructive left ahead of an election.

TLB, Horrible and xjma99 like this.
  7. Golddiggie

Golddiggie NES Member

The countries that actually captured them should pay first. IIRC, the majority of slaves were actually sold by others in the same region/country. Let them get the funds from there. Oh, right, all those places are poor shitholes now so they won't get anything.

EddieA and xjma99 like this.
  8. GM-GUY

GM-GUY NES Member

I infer you mean go time for the people who get the bill.

I would submit that they are building this up in the minds of 'slave descendants' (blacks) that if they get in and it doesn't happen - they are going to be in a world of trouble too. When you promise something, and you don't deliver, bad things happen (ask Paul Ryan and the GOP majority in the house). The issue is they are fooling around with a group that tends to burn down cities.

xjma99 likes this.
  9. Gdbrz

Gdbrz

So my family did not immigrate until after slavery do we still have to pay

10. Broccoli Iglesias

Broccoli Iglesias NES Member

$1.5M for what?

Slavery was bad. But if it wasnt for Slavery those people would not be alive today. They would not be in the U.S. Just like if it wasnt for WWII, my grandparents would have never met.

Maybe offer again to ship them all to Libiria for free. That worked out great last time.

I guess the cost of buying one vote is $1.5M.

Also, why does every person have to pay this tax? What about all the European immigrants that came AFTER slavery?

I guess what they really want is a tax on skin color. Democrats, they never stopped being racist.

TLB, Horrible, Mike Stanton and 2 others like this.
  11. Junior314

Junior314 NES Member

Won't happen.

All posturing and grandstanding IMO. Good luck to them if they do pull it off. Will probably be the last straw for a lot of people.

xjma99 likes this.
  12. namedpipes

namedpipes NES Member

I self identify as a black lesbian.

I want my reparations NOW.

13. ISOTOX

ISOTOX NES Member

N of the Rebublic. SE of Alba and W of Ling Ling
    Irish were some of the first slaves in the colonies! What about my reparations? Asians and Irish that built the rail road? Slaves again! And the countless others! Slaves were not all black.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    TLB, Mike Stanton and BUMPA01603 like this.
  14. ISOTOX

ISOTOX NES Member

N of the Rebublic. SE of Alba and W of Ling Ling
    Lesbians no longer count. You have to be transgender. Or some other made up gender.

Horrible and Mike Stanton like this.
  15. C. Stockwell

C. Stockwell

[​IMG]

Good luck with that. Try sending a made up bill to the Dem. Rep. o'Congo, which is where the latest batch of refugees is coming from. A US-backed dictatorship, proudly since 1965 [thumbsup]

It wasn't so much the Irish as the first wave, but rather "anyone Oliver Cromwell didn't like." And Oliver Cromwell wasn't known for being a peaceful, loving, hippie-kind of progressive.

16. Broccoli Iglesias

Transgender lesbian attack helicopter. Sometimes I see myself and get turned on, so I'm also part time auto sexual.

How much $$$ do I get?

ISOTOX likes this.
  17. Broccoli Iglesias

You are too white. Shut up and pay.

ISOTOX likes this.
  18. namedpipes

namedpipes NES Member

I'm cis-lesbian, then ;)

ISOTOX likes this.
  19. namedpipes

namedpipes NES Member

"Our" slaves were the losing tribes in intertribal wars. The sellers were other blacks, in many cases.

So claims a history teacher whose name I've forgotten from my college daze, anyway.

20. robjax

robjax

yeah, if they make it a democrat obligation watch how fast they would all switch to another party.

as far as reparation....section 8 housing and welfare should have covered it all by now....

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    In God We Trust and BUMPA01603 like this.
  21. Cipher

Cipher NES Member

Looks like it is time for a DNA test everybody. If we have so much as 1% African DNA, as members of the black community, we will open up a Gofundme to pool money for our gun collection.

jkelly1229, Mike Stanton and robjax like this.
  22. BUMPA01603

BUMPA01603 NES Member

Whatever they give them it will never be enough..... that centuries-old BS will keep floating to the top centuries from now

23. LoginName

LoginName NES Member

This guy gets it...

This guy is a Dem and even he gets it, and is jeered for his opinion...

calsdad likes this.
  24. greencobra

greencobra NES Member

credit all their ebt cards 12 bucks and call it a day.

25. rosco61

rosco61 NES Member

What about the slaves used by the Egyptians and the Chinese .

Horrible likes this.
  26. greencobra

greencobra NES Member

you best take it up with the egyptian and chinese governments, i don't think they're covered under u.s. reparations. [laugh]

27. mibro

mibro NES Member

Let's do it. It will provide a needed moment of clarity for many people.

You're a historian, you'll like this. One of my ancestors on my mother's side was the man who saved Christmas, William Winstanley.

I didn't understand Cromwell's full significance in English history until fairly recently. Cromwell screwed England bigly.

whalerman69 and C. Stockwell like this.
  28. Slotheadslim

Slotheadslim NES Member

Interesting how the chair Steve Cohen, a Democrat from Tennessee, calls the second speaker “presumptive”. The second speaker was well spoken, clear and concise. I thought both speakers gave effective reasoning against reparations. It’s really tiring to see how the chair can’t just listen and instead feels he has the right to give this speaker a slap in the face with his little jab since he didn’t hear what he wanted.

That’s pathetic. I can’t wait to see this whole thing go down in flames. Both speakers were right and it’s true how this initiative is focused on the quick buck and quick vote instead of addressing the real problems which were clearly stated.

AHM, Horrible and In God We Trust like this.
  29. calsdad

calsdad NES Member

I'd like to see them try that. That sounds like a really good way to light off a civil war.

30. C. Stockwell

C. Stockwell

In high school, I read an 800-page biography on OC.

Cromwell can be best summarized as a genocidal left wing military theocrat who changed the course of English history largely for the better. I think without the English Civil War, England would've languished into a form of government more similar to France's Ancien Regime with a more absolutist state and a weak Parliament/nobility/middle class. Cromwell did a far better job handling colonial and naval affairs than Charles I (assuming that colonialism has benefits, which I think most on this board would agree with). Cromwell planted the seeds of the modern English state and dragged Wales, Scotland, and Ireland along by the hair, kicking and screaming. Cromwell formed the modern British nation in his own hands 50 years before the Act of Union.

That all being said, I'm here in the US because Cromwell took POWs from the English Civil War and forced them across the ocean to become indentured servants (slaves for seven years) in Mass. From Jamaica to Maine to Ireland, Cromwell used war to preform what would be called ethnic cleansing and human trafficking. Founding more colonies thus drove up demand for cheap, unskilled labor, creating the demand for black slaves later on.

In terms of being a raw, bloody, genocidal maniac, Cromwell's up there with Hitler, Stalin, and Mao. But history is written by the victors, like John Milton, and Cromwell died in power. To most people, he's nothing more than an unread footnote in the pages of time.