Democrats scheming to alter Massachusetts Constitution

When I move back east in a couple years, I really need to convince the wife to do NH. By the sounds of it, MA will be nearly as bad as CA by the time I'm ready to migrate east.

Good. Please do cause we need all the help we can get to defend freedom.

When I move back east in a couple years, I really need to convince the wife to do NH. By the sounds of it, MA will be nearly as bad as CA by the time I'm ready to migrate east.

IF you move back east, you need to convince your wife to have you committed for 90days of mental observation to prove or disprove your sanity.:D

No surprise there. Never will you see a more wretched hive of filth and villainy than in the state house. Well, d.c. too.

“We need to address spending first,” Lyons said. “For example, it costs Massachusetts seven times more than it does New Hampshire to build the same mile of roadway.”

And the roads are better and done faster. NH needs a wall to keep the stupid out.
NES membership gets you a pass.

Of course they are. Why is this a surprise. They got their wedding-tackle whacked last year by the MASC. So they modified things so they can charge more taxes.

It's almost like they look at CT and think, "Yeah, they suck at this, but we'll raise taxes differently and it'll have a different result."

When the day comes that Mass pushes me out, it'll be because of taxes, not gun rights. I'll fight for the latter. (Hell, I'll fight for the former, obviously.) But I can't stand the liberal illogic of making things MORE unfriendly in order to give free crap to people.

Tennessee. 21 acres. $900/yr property tax. ZERO income tax. Well, septic, 100% solar. 1300 Sq ft house, 840 Sq ft detached garage. $173k @ 3.75% 40 minutes outside Knoxville. My own range in the backyard. No "list". Moving in September. FU MA.
Foley, Alabama. 1,700 sf brand new home with 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 2 car garage, town water and sewer with no grinder pumps, huge master suite with a walk in closet that will make any wife very happy, and a huge screened backyard patio for $170K. Annual property taxes? $550!

This had better go nowhere.

Tennessee. 21 acres. $900/yr property tax. ZERO income tax. Well, septic, 100% solar. 1300 Sq ft house, 840 Sq ft detached garage. $173k @ 3.75% 40 minutes outside Knoxville. My own range in the backyard. No "list". Moving in September. FU MA.

Swap the house size with the garage size and that's my dream. Hell I'll take a tent with a 2000 sqft garage.

173k is a lot when you consider that decent jobs are not easy to come by there and the wages are no higher than $20/hr. Unless married and wife works, that's a lifetime to pay off the mortgage.

But you still get low taxes and can shoot from your back porch. ;)

Daughter saw a house listing in MO near her. $200K - share a pond. If they were staying in the .af, hubby would have put $ down right away. Fishing off the back deck??? Oh yeah! LOL

That TN property tax is about half of what MA property taxes are, on like sized properties. Although there are a crap-ton more amenities here and the schools are far better as well.

173k is a lot when you consider that decent jobs are not easy to come by there and the wages are no higher than $20/hr. Unless married and wife works, that's a lifetime to pay off the mortgage.

$800/month mortgage ? Hard to payoff ? Lol. That's (a lot!) less than my property taxes here in MA. Should be easily coverable even if your only income is SS.

Not really an issue for the metric shit ton of boomer muni workers who own/sell a home up here only to retire, move to Tn., and purchase a house with cash. I've known about a dozen or so couples who have done just that and are busily recruiting their former coworkers to do the exact same upon their retirement. Hell, I know one couple where the wife worked at a school(administrative) up here who after a short time in TN got herself voted onto some school committee with the explicit intent on making things "better".

A better choice of location to move would be somewhere so miserable they wouldn't EVER consider moving there, perhaps ND, SD, eastern MT/WY.

Assuming you worked in the Northeast and then moved to TN.

Think if you lived in TN your entire life. Made $40k/yr. Suddenly, that $800/mo mortgage is 24% of your gross income and 27% of your net income.

Plus cars don't get cheaper as you move to the. . . . less desirable parts of the country. (Not a dig - but if it's popular to live there, the prices go up and vice versa.) So your car payment could be 2/3 of what your house payment is. Yikes!

And SSI on a $40K salary would run about 1,000/mo maybe? You can have that mortgage, the property taxes and some Cheerios every month.

AGAIN - working in the Northeast and moving elsewhere - just about anywhere - is a great financial plan.

If only I could convince my wife, thrn again depending on the pay scale diffetential depends on how much money we could bring with us

Foley, Alabama. 1,700 sf brand new home with 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 2 car garage, town water and sewer with no grinder pumps, huge master suite with a walk in closet that will make any wife very happy, and a huge screened backyard patio for $170K. Annual property taxes? $550!
Nice! Since it's a ground level ranch one of the first projects will be a flagstone patio off the back door. When I rent the bobcat to clear my first 50-100 yard range I'll dig about a foot deep and fill it halfway with river rock, then sand, then flagstone. Maybe 30x30 ft or so, put a 10x10 screened gazebo in the middle, hot tub on one side, loose brick bbq on the other.

This had better go nowhere.

Swap the house size with the garage size and that's my dream. Hell I'll take a tent with a 2000 sqft garage.
There's a one car carport attached to the house, off the kitchen. Finished interior walls and poured concrete floor. Gonna frame the "door" and make it a dedicated gun room/office. I get to frame it, it will NOT be easy access...

There's a website, shows COL differentials. I expect to make 15 percent less and save close to 40. Last Radtekk wants a minimum 1/4 acre garden for veggies ready by spring, there's a nice two acre or so pasture that she plans to line with blackberry, blueberry and raspberry bushes.

I plan to find somebody to log and replant an acre a year, make a few bucks that way. Maybe dedicate 1/2 to 1/2 acre to solar, hopefully net a couple hundred a month on average. The house is south facing anyway:) so within two years with well, septic, solar, logging, garden, maybe chickens (house already has a coop) we should be pretty close to net zero expenses except for fill-in groceries. Now, if I can get a cell phone tower...

But you still get low taxes and can shoot from your back porch. ;)

Daughter saw a house listing in MO near her. $200K - share a pond. If they were staying in the .af, hubby would have put $ down right away. Fishing off the back deck??? Oh yeah! LOL

That TN property tax is about half of what MA property taxes are, on like sized properties. Although there are a crap-ton more amenities here and the schools are far better as well.
Amen! And the taxes on the 1500sq ft split level on 1/2 acre in Chelmsford I'm currently renting at $1890/mo are $6000/yr:D

If only I could convince my wife, thrn again depending on the pay scale diffetential depends on how much money we could bring with us
As above, I'll take a 15-20% pay cut max and save 40% or more minimum. And of course never have a rent increase. 49 days out from close I'm looking to lock at 4% or less with zero points.

Back
Top Bottom