• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Democrats propose 35% ammunition tax in Connecticut

HorizontalHunter

NES Member
Democratic legislators are proposing a 35 percent tax on firearm ammunition, with the generated revenue going to programs they say have been proven to reduce gun violence in urban areas.

Joined by her Democratic colleagues and gun violence prevention advocates, Rep. Jillian Gilchrest, D-West Hartford, unveiled her proposal during a press conference at the Legislative Office Building on Thursday.

Gilchrest intends to use the revenue from the excise tax to fund on-the-ground operations aimed at connecting with young people before they engage in criminal activity. Any revenue not spent, she said, would be slated for expanding protections at places of worship or other areas focused on limiting firearm-related victims.

Gilchrest said the proposal would cost a few dollars more for a box of 50 bullets, raising about $7 million annually, citing numbers from the nonpartisan Office of Fiscal Analysis.

“Guns do cause gun violence, so we are asking for those who purchase ammunition to pay a little bit extra,” she said, adding that the intent of the bill is to exclude law enforcement officers, corrections staff, and military personnel using ammunition for their occupations.

House Majority Leader Matthew Ritter, D-Hartford, compared the excise tax to those already in place, such as those on alcohol and tobacco, which are charged on products sold legally but still pose a risk to society.

Read more:

Democrats propose 35% ammunition tax in Connecticut

The problem with this logic is that it is indiscriminately grouping legal, law abiding gun owners in with the law breaking masses, literally making us pay for crimes of the few crazy and/or career criminals. If you applied this logic to, say, cars, you'd end up with a 35% sales tax on gasoline for all drivers because of drunk drivers.

The problem with this logic is that it is indiscriminately grouping legal, law abiding gun owners in with the law breaking masses, literally making us pay for crimes of the few crazy and/or career criminals. If you applied this logic to, say, cars, you'd end up with a 35% sales tax on gasoline for all drivers because of drunk drivers.
Yeah, they don't care about any of that. No one is holding the Democratic communists accountable to the COTUS so they submit these bills practically unopposed by the Repukes

So what’s not being talked about regarding this. The Senator is a Professor of public policy at the university of st Joseph’s in West Hartford.

She wants the money from the taxes to go toward studying “Gun violence” prevention. So basically she wants the money to fund her horseshit studies on how “guns are bad and taking them away from law abiding people will somehow make the world safer”....

The irony of it it all to me is that CT is insanely restrictive, Hartford has a ridiculously high murder rate and violent crime rate. And they think more restrictions or taxes will solve the problems. I bet this woman has never stepped got into the North End of the city and seen what it’s really like.

So what’s not being talked about regarding this. The Senator is a Professor of public policy at the university of st Joseph’s in West Hartford.

She wants the money from the taxes to go toward studying “Gun violence” prevention. So basically she wants the money to fund her horseshit studies on how “guns are bad and taking them away from law abiding people will somehow make the world safer”....

The irony of it it all to me is that CT is insanely restrictive, Hartford has a ridiculously high murder rate and violent crime rate. And they think more restrictions or taxes will solve the problems. I bet this woman has never stepped got into the North End of the city and seen what it’s really like.
of course not, she's a anti-gun academic who needs taxpayer money to fund her bullshit studies. Typical elitist liberal.

We need an additional 35% on all over the counter and prescription medications. Medications cause addiction.

That money can then be used to help junkies get clean.

A 35% tax on alcohol, to help cure addiction.

A 35% tax on new and used vehicle purchases. Cars kill more people than guns and many that dont die end up injured for life.

A 35% tax increase on senators pay. Senators policies cause poverty. We need that money to fight poverty and support the people getting laid off due to their poor policies.

That's what I would propose. Watch how fast they fight back.

View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1230220994184466432

I think this is part of what they are protesting

Ok. That’s not Sweden. It’s Stompastan.

Back to the thread.

There needs to be a serious uprising against this tyranny. I hope Ma doesn’t get any ideas from this poor logic and I hope we are on alert for any future infringements.

Is it surprising at all that all the money left that hole years ago?

I’m puttin in another order to TSUSA shortly.....And I propose they move their facilities to Coos County. Thank you for your time.

The Professor brings to mind the questions - why exactly do we continue to grant Tax-exempt/non-profit status to colleges & universities? What is the net benefit to society of us supporting the moonbats of academia?

So how long will TSUSA stay in CT?

Hey, Target Sports USA!
24a0b9bd14d9d139a3225bce97e05e93.jpg

Just Sayin'...

Meanwhile, in Massachusetts...

"In addition to any other fee or excise provided for under state or federal law, every person licensed to sell or supply firearms pursuant to this section shall pay to the commissioner of revenue an excise equal to 36 per cent of the wholesale value of such firearm sold or supplied."

Back
Top Bottom