Democrats mount gun control filibuster

I say go ahead filibuster lets see how import gun laws are to the masses once .gov stalls to a crawl.
Honesty I would like to see a .gov shut down and see how much the US can do with out those 525 some odd clowns in DC are doing.

Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) launched a talking filibuster on the Senate floor — which was quickly joined by fellow Democrats — in an effort to pressure Republicans to accept legislation that would deny suspected terrorists from purchasing firearms and require universal background checks.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/...ibuster-over-gun-control-224369#ixzz4BgRFHWhf
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

This is awesome, I think that he should go on a hunger strike or better yet open up his veins and refuse treatment until that time, what would be even better, all democrats would do ... and probably most of the republicans. That would be frigin awesome!

we need to fire them all
When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation….
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.—That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness… it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.****

-Thomas Jefferson

I gotta say that I'm impressed how so many people had foreseen the oncoming onslaught of gun control propaganda. It's a typical knee-jerk reaction to anything that involves a projectile fired from plastic and metal.

I think the AWB 94-04 is very fresh in the pro2A mind and compromise is not an option. Screw them and their worthless politics.

I had to pick up my wife from the T station last night after the Sox game because she missed the last train home due to delays. I was listening to NPR and the entire hour they had some former ATF guy on who had recently been retired and was there since the 70's. It was baffling the amount of absolute nonsense he was talking. My brain was having a fit while I was driving.

Back
Top Bottom