• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Democrats in the Arizona Senate push legislation requiring “assault weapons” be registered or confiscated

Reptile

NES Member
ARIZONA IS THE NEXT 2ND AMENDMENT BATTLEGROUND
State Democrats push for confiscation of “assault” weapons, Republican counties declare 2nd Amendment sanctuaries
As Democrats in the Arizona Senate push legislation requiring “assault weapons” be registered or confiscated, state Republicans are responding by declaring their counties to be “Second Amendment sanctuaries.”

Under SB 1625, citizens who own “assault weapons” would be forced to remove the weapon from the state, render it inoperable, surrender it to law enforcement or register with the state and submit to a yearly registration and background checks.

Additionally, manufacturing “assault weapons or large capacity magazines” would be outlawed along with possession of “high capacity” magazines and certain semi-auto pistols and shotguns.

In response to the authoritarian legislation, three Arizona counties have declared themselves “Second Amendment sanctuaries”

La Paz, Yavapai and Mohave counties have all taken a stand against the state’s Democrat lawmakers and vowed to defend state and federal constitutional rights, including the Second Amendment.

Similar legislation being pushed in Virginia recently resulted in one of the largest and most successful pro-gun marches in recent history.

Where were they ?
At home being nice little fudds, they were more concerned with how strangers would "feel" about all those big bad gun totin' rednek militia types and they dint want sheeple gettin' all askeered.

get active get in the dem-0-craps collective faces. Throw rocks.

Last edited:
This whole thing is just going to go from state to state now that a few have seen they can get away with it. They've lost any fear that anything will happen and they can come up with any outrageous bills they want. Some will pass and others won't. In the end, any of us that own firearms are always going to end up losing a little bit more. Go time happened close to 30 years ago with the liberal excrement that that was being spewed about the evil black rifles back in the 90s. That's where it should have been nipped in the bud. Too many so called politicians have been allowed to spread lies, misinformation,and fear mongering instead of being made an example of.

Sugar daddy Bloomberg is throwing money around state legislatures like he's in a strip club. This is the end result.

I'll give it to unrepentant Nazi collaborator and convicted felon George Soros for at least being insidious and underhanded at buying political offices to influence policy. Bloomberg openly walks into legislatures with a wad of cash and tells the good little whores of parliament to screw their constituents every which way he wants so he can watch with cameras rolling for his campaign commercials.

Wow, I always presumed the Texas and Arizona would be the last two states to ever have to deal with this kind of crap.

Wow, I always presumed the Texas and Arizona would be the last two states to ever have to deal with this kind of crap.

The difference is that in Texas and Arizona those opposed have a chance to stop this sort of thing.

Of course, Texas and Arizona must remain vigilant or the same thing will happen to them.

I had tossed this in the VA sticky. Living here in southern AZ (south of Tucson), it came as a total surprise. My girlfriend sent me a link and asked if it was real. And it took tons of digging to find the bill. It's buried, and no one is talking about it. Zero news on this crap. I've emailed and called my senators. I do have weirdo Krystan Sinema as a rep, but so far she's actually been not bad. (Not toeing the party line on most things.) I'd like to believe this crap can't happen here, but as we did see in VA nowhere is safe from this BS.

Arizona SB1625 | 2020 | Fifty-fourth Legislature 2nd Regular This is the bill.

I've been gone from the almost 15 years, lived in the Phoenix Valley (both east and west sides) for a total of 8 years. My parents, now in their 80's and active, live in Goodyear in the west valley. They are both avowed Democrats, my step-father probably still has his "I'm with her" lawn sign.

More and more Democrats are moving to places like that. They're older, retired, and they VOTE. these kinds of laws are like the old "is it done?" test for spaghetti, throw it at the wall and see if it sticks. Maybe not this time, or the next, or the one after that, but eventually it will.

PRO-active is better than RE-active.

JPK I do appreciate your sentiment. And it is true. For those of you in the area of NH, you NEED to be there and attend if you can.
However, that thought "this isn't going anywhere" is not one to have. Yes, here in AZ, it's a mostly red lock. mostly. But, Tucson, Phoenix, and snobbsdale are shifting my home blue. So I do see what you are saying, but we can't let them gain any traction here in AZ, or there in NH. No quarter, no compromise, no nothing.

Back
Top Bottom