• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Democrats Aim To Pass The Most Aggressive Gun-control Legislation

Saw this posted elsewhere...

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-.../7115/text?r=1

The piece of legislation is sponsored by New Jersey Rep. Frank Pallone and has been co-sponsored by 16 other House Democrats. Officially known as H.R. 7115, the bill has been laughably misnamed as the “3D Firearms Prohibition Act” — laughable because the bill actually has virtually nothing whatsoever to do with 3D-printed firearms.

The stated purpose of the bill is “to prohibit the sale, acquisition, distribution in commerce, or import into the United States of certain firearm receiver castings or blanks, assault weapon parts kits, and machine gun parts kits and the marketing or advertising of such castings or blanks and kits on any medium of electronic communications, to require homemade firearms to have serial numbers, and for other purposes.”

In laymen’s terms, and not the purposefully confusing legalese of legislation, the bill would completely ban the “do-it-yourself” 80 percent partial firearm receivers that people can complete themselves at home with the use of a few specific tools, as well as the additional parts necessary — typically sold as a kit — to produce a functioning semi-automatic firearm.

Furthermore, the bill would prohibit the manufacturers of said partial receivers and parts kits from advertising or marketing their products online or through the use of any other electronic medium.

On top of that, the bill would also require that any home-built firearms produced between 1968 and the date this bill would take effect, if passed, would now be required to possess a serial number — for “traceability” purposes — which would have to be obtained from a licensed firearms dealer for a fee.

There will be tons of ridiculous laws proposed in Congress. This happens every session in Congress and the MA State House. The vast majority of these bills are filed by a legislator and never go anywhere. They are dead on arrival.

Don’t panic over whatever insane bill is filed. Most are just filed so that the legislator in question can go home to their liberal district and proclaim that they filed the toughest anti-gun legislation ever. They then get their photo-op but the legislation never goes anywhere.

(Demo-nazis) can use to campaign against Republican senators in the future. "You voted to kill children" and all that nonsense.
I don't know why this crap isn't turned around to "democrats voted for women to be defenseless vs rapists" from the american side of politicians. Play the same stupid games they do.

Over the next two years almost nothing will happen. Dems will throw shit against the wall and blame Republicans for obstruction and vice versa. The 2020 election began on wednesday morning.

This.

I am concerned about the next election. The Dems will eventually win the senate and the presidents’ seats as well that’s when the excrement will hit the rotary oscillator.

Bob

Wow they think they can pass it with just the house?
It's a magic moment when you realize that the people elected don't even know how the system works.

Pelosi and Co will pass it in the house and then go on a public tour with an eager media espousing the wonders of gun control, along with a cadre of ready available past victims of violent crimes to stuff in front of cameras like convenient meat puppets, all for their Bloomberg overlord. The only thing they haven't counted on is Trump. I think he would veto anything except if they passed a giant gun control bill with funding for a wall attached. But I think he might be smarter than that. At least I hope so.

When the GOP had that window of opportunity they should have done more to protect the rights of gunowners. But what did they do ? They waited for the democrats to take back the house. That's how much the GOP cares about our gun rights. The democrats have gone after everything they wanted with a passion, a passion that the GOP has always lacked.

When the GOP had that window of opportunity they should have done more to protect the rights of gunowners. But what did they do ? They waited for the democrats to take back the house. That's how much the GOP cares about our gun rights. The democrats have gone after everything they wanted with a passion, a passion that the GOP has always lacked.

I think you are mistaken. The GOP only had a slight majority in the Senate -- they didn't have enough votes to stop a filibuster. So they couldn't have passed controversial legislation even if they wanted to.

I think you are mistaken. The GOP only had a slight majority in the Senate -- they didn't have enough votes to stop a filibuster. So they couldn't have passed controversial legislation even if they wanted to.
Nuclear option? The R pols are professional cuck betas.

Pelosi and Co will pass it in the house and then go on a public tour with an eager media espousing the wonders of gun control, along with a cadre of ready available past victims of violent crimes to stuff in front of cameras like convenient meat puppets, all for their Bloomberg overlord. The only thing they haven't counted on is Trump. I think he would veto anything except if they passed a giant gun control bill with funding for a wall attached. But I think he might be smarter than that. At least I hope so.
What makes you think that Trump wouldn’t sign such a bill?

He supported the AWB in the past, has been vocal about his support for bump stock bans and EPROs (worry about due process after taking away the guns).

“Universal Backround Checks”? Why wouldn’t he support this?

Someone mentioned to me recently that she is for gun control. I asked if she knew what that meant. She said "make it harder for the bad guys to get guns". I explained that the phrase 'gun control' as it is used in today's context is that it will make it harder if not impossible for law abiding citizens to have a gun. The criminals don't obey any laws regardless of how many laws we have. She had an epiphany.

I know we aren't supposed to discuss abortion on this forum but in my humble opinion it is similar to gun control in that there is no clear 'for or against', 'right or wrong' in the short phrase for either topic. We on this forum know what others mean when they say gun control. For a lot of people who didn't grow up in a gun culture they are probably equally deluded and cannot understand why we are against gun control.

Someone mentioned to me recently that she is for gun control. I asked if she knew what that meant. She said "make it harder for the bad guys to get guns". I explained that the phrase 'gun control' as it is used in today's context is that it will make it harder if not impossible for law abiding citizens to have a gun. The criminals don't obey any laws regardless of how many laws we have. She had an epiphany.

Most also don’t know what an AR is today. They think everybody is running around with select fire weapons.

Bob

The problem isn't the "in your face" legislation proposed by the house, it's the omnibus spending bills. The house alone has the power to control spending because all spending bills originate in the house. That's how bad things like the VA disarming veterans based on them (the veterans) signing over authority to manage their personal affairs happened. The Republicans in congress are not our friends anymore than the Democrats are. They just negotiate our rights away at a slower pace.

Another case and point. In 1996 it was a Republican-controlled house AND SENATE that passed the law that disarmed anyone convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence (Lautenberg), and temporarily disarmed anyone who had an active restraining order. Hmmm.....I wonder where on earth the concept of a red flag restraining order came from...

And who can forget Kelly Ayotte and Susan Collins leading the charge to disarm anyone on the secret, arbitrary no-fly list at the end of the 2016 session??

Back
Top Bottom