Democrats 2020 Megathread - There can be only one!

Goliathan

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bloomberg....was a republican at one point. I am sure the dems like when he contributes $ to them, but despise him personally. He will throw his money around, but is not going to win many votes

remember the dems loved Trump too when he was a major donor, only later did he become "orange man bad"
Bloomberg was never a republican, he only ran as one when it was convenient for his personal ambitions. He's always been a nanny-state leftist.

I wonder if we're looking at the first actual brokered convention in recent memory... Who am I kidding, the DNC already knows who is going to win the primary! Once they share it with the rest of the world we'll start seeing the media train telling us how they (whoever "they" are) is the single most qualified candidate ever to grace politics with their presence.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wasn't one of Trumps left wing critics primary issues in 2016 is that the had no government experience? That we shouldn't elect people with no experience? Thank goodness for the internet and the forever nature of peoples words. It can be used to come back and haunt them.
Uh, I would imagine being a term-limited mayor of America's largest city counts as government experience...

Last edited:

Brewer

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Bloomberg was never a republican, he only ran as one when it was convenient for his personal ambitions. He's always been a nanny-state leftist.

I wonder if we're looking at the first actual brokered convention in recent memory... Who am I kidding, the DNC already knows who is going to win the primary! Once they share it with the rest of the world we'll start seeing the media train telling us how they (whoever "they" are) is the single most qualified candidate ever to grace politics with their presence.
That's exactly what they did last time, privately stacking the deck for Clinton over Sanders. The perceived stakes are even higher for 2020. No reason they should be trusted not to do so again.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Brokered convention?
Pass the popcorn....i remember the Chicago riots/convention from when i was a kid!
And people are more amped up now than back then!

1574687782324.png

1574687810039.png

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe its too late

Deadline for many states has passed
Jussie Smollett has a bigger chance to be nominated after he will bring Chicago to it's knees. [rockon]

He is cool and he represents the new generation quite well.

How about The Great Oprah? Two American oligarchs (bloomie + her) beating angry Geppetto from Vermont! That would be better than any revolution!

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I believe its too late

Deadline for many states has passed
IF there is not a clear candidate on the first vote at the democratic convention....then the party leaders adjourn to a back room, light up some stogies, and choose whoever they feel like....even someone that nobody voted for at all in the primary. it has not happened recently, but has happened in the past.

they come back out of the smoke filled room, announce to the convention hall "we suggest you vote for X", and have another vote. then most people in the convention vote for X, making is all "legal".

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IF there is not a clear candidate on the first vote at the democratic convention....then the party leaders adjourn to a back room, light up some stogies, and choose whoever they feel like....even someone that nobody voted for at all in the primary. it has not happened recently, but has happened in the past.

they come back out of the smoke filled room, announce to the convention hall "we suggest you vote for X", and have another vote. then most people in the convention vote for X, making is all "legal".
How very Democratic.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Out of the current field of failure that is the dem contender lineup, I only see two of them as even electable.
Not implying that either of them are actually capable of winning, just electable, and neither one of them is Gropey Joe.
Also assuming (and this is a stretch) that potential voters only used the candidates record of prior accomplishments as their criteria in reaching their decision, then the two that stand out right now are Tulsi and Bloomturd.
Tulsi has a lot of appeal, especially with men, and she stands to the far right of rest of the them.
A choice for those dems that are closer to the middle, who don't like seeing their party moving away from them.
And Bloomie, he did build a business empire and ran NYC for three terms. He has the managerial skills to run a vast operation, which is what the presidency is. Most people don't have the brainpower to keep that many balls in the air, mountains of stuff to learn, know and remember, flying at you fast from every direction. Bloomturd can do it, but so can DJT.
The rest of the lineup have long records of fail. Senators especially make the worst presidents, they don't have any skills in actually running anything, they hire managers that do that stuff. Governors tend to make much better presidents, but they're a bit short on them in this race.

Last edited:

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Out of the current field of failure that is the dem contender lineup, I only see two of them as even electable.
Not implying that either of them are actually capable of winning, just electable, and neither one of them is Gropey Joe.
Also assuming (and this is a stretch) that potential voters only used the candidates record of prior accomplishments as their criteria in reaching their decision, then the two that stand out right now are Tulsi and Bloomturd.
Tulsi has a lot of appeal, especially with men, and she stands to the far right of rest of the them.
A choice for those dems that are closer to the middle, who don't like seeing their party moving away from them.
And Bloomie, he did build a business empire and ran NYC for three terms. He has the managerial skills to run a vast operation, which is what the presidency is. Most people don't have the brainpower to keep that many balls in the air, mountains of stuff to learn, know and remember, flying at you fast from every direction. Bloomturd can do it, but so can DJT.
The rest of the lineup have long records of fail. Senators especially make the worst presidents, they don't have any skills in actually running anything, they hire managers that do that stuff. Governors tend to make much better presidents, but they're a bit short on them in this race.
Bloomberg isnt going to happen

he's not on the bases woke train
he has a well documented history of civil rights issues as mayor
he STILL hasnt released his records/documentation of his terms as mayor against NY law.....

Tom Steyer is well known for being a hypocrit.....made a ton of money off oil/petro industry/manipulation now bloviating about climate change........calling for term limits and points to McConnell and others as the reason why while ignoring that Pelosi, Schumer and a raft of leftists are the actual problem........he has no chance in primary

Gabbard looks good in make up but she's similarly a hypocrit......I think she's one of the more dangerous candidates because she of all people should recognize/understand the threat that china and russia and their next gen weapons programs pose to the US

Last edited:

Super99Z

NES Member
Rating - 50%
1   1   0

Things are getting strange out there!

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well....Bloomberg is now defending Xi and Communism......

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well....Bloomberg is now defending Xi and Communism......

Donks ❤[kiss] power.

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's crazier than Howard Dean's "I have a Scream" speech - how does Joe keep surviving?

Same way the rest of the Donk Clown College does: wholesale ownership of the traditional eyeballs factories. Which is why they now want ownership(regulation) of the NON-traditional eyeballs (Internet media beyond Assbook etc which they already have). Hence the War on Hate. [crying]

[laugh]

Goliathan

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We get a twofer!

Joe Sestak (who the heck is Joe Sestak?) and Steve Bullock (who the heck is Steve Bullock?) are both out, slimming the race to 16 left in the running.

Top Bottom