Democrats 2020 Megathread - There can be only one!

GaryO

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
The Uber liberal , climate change talking, trillion dollar health care DemoCRAPS HAVE GONE UNDERGROUND ! Pelosi has told them to STFU while the close in on one candidate. We must REMIND them of what they speak. I’m sur Trump will do that in the debates !
In the next debate Bidens camp requested that it be done seated, if he doesn't have the energy to debate Bernie how is he going to be able to debate Trump.

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0

cmcgraw2

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uh oh, Bernie's fourth house purchase might have just closed - he set to make an announcement at 1:00 ET (no confirmed reporting about what it's about though).

Goliathan

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Uh oh, Bernie's fourth house purchase might have just closed - he set to make an announcement at 1:00 ET (no confirmed reporting about what it's about though).

Gonna reserve judgment on this one. Not sure I am on board with the source. Where does it say he has a presser scheduled?

Bernie doesn't strike me as the give up type, until it's mathematically locked up... and it isn't yet. He's got a debate to do Sunday, his last chance to prove how decrepit Biden is and motivate his base.

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
He's looking forward to debating Biden on Sunday. Staying in.
So it looks like he's NOT dropping out, not yet anyway, but he admitted that Biden has the best chance at beating Trump.
What an idiot.
He certainly didn't do the dems any favors, because now the debates go on, which gives Joe more opportunities to show how far his dementia has progressed.

Has anyone invented a drinking game yet for these debates ???
Take a drink every time Joe makes a gaffe, like forgetting where he is, or what office he's running for ???

allen-1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'd say "pass Bernie the lube", but I don't like him that much, he can take it dry.

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THIS IS NOT AN INTERVIEW WITH BERNIE!!!!!

Andrei Vandenko:
Business could extend a helping hand.

Vladimir Putin: What do you mean?

Andrei Vandenko: If it is more actively involved in the country’s affairs, if there is investment, the economy will begin to grow.

Vladimir Putin: I can crack down on business right away and tell them they act irresponsibly. This is not the case.

Russian business in general has changed a great deal over the past ten years at least. The government has to create conditions for investment – this is for sure. To create better conditions involving controlling inflation.

We have been doing certain things in this respect. In the World Bank’s Doing Business ranking, we are in the 28th place, I think, we have moved up by one order more, massively more. This indicates that the government has been stepping up its efforts in this area, which are yielding positive results.

And the amount of investment is growing. In dollar terms, our investment in the beginning of the 2000s totalled around one billion dollars. Then there were tens of billions. Now direct investment exceeds $540 billion.

Andrei Vandenko: You know, it looks like you see businessmen as swindlers by definition.

Vladimir Putin: Well, you know…

Andrei Vandenko:
There are some…

Vladimir Putin: There are certain grounds for this, you see. I’m saying this with a particular emphasis. What grounds are there? Firstly, the so-called small business throughout the 2000s was associated with trade. Almost entirely.

Andrei Vandenko: Not only in Russia.

Vladimir Putin: No, I disagree. In many so-called developed market economies, small business plays a very big role, there 20..

Andrei Vandenko: In the services sector, right?

Vladimir Putin: Not only there. In manufacturing, too. We have been trying to achieve what is already a reality in developed market economies. Namely: large companies have dozens or even hundreds of small businesses working close to them and serving the interests of those large companies.

What are we doing now? In fact, we are forcing our large companies, in particular those that are partially state-owned, to conclude contracts with small businesses. We are talking about trillions here already. And it really worked. This rally worked.

The structure of small businesses has begun to change. Now it’s no longer just retail trade like kiosks or pavilions, it’s not only about buying low and selling high. Now there are research business ventures, too. And small businesses in manufacturing. High-tech small businesses. They are rather effective. The export of these services and goods is growing, too. This is what makes me think we are moving in the right direction in principle, although progress is still, unfortunately, too slow.

Andrei Vandenko: Did I understand correctly, that ‘retailer’ is equal to ‘swindler’?

Vladimir Putin: In people’s minds, that’s what we say.

Andrei Vandenko: But I am talking about you.

Vladimir Putin: I am part of the same people, you know.

Andrei Vandenko:
I see.

Vladimir Putin: So, honestly speaking, I mean, to be really honest. We all think so. But I…

Andrei Vandenko: Have you ever been swindled, cheated?

Vladimir Putin: Me?

Andrei Vandenko: You.

Vladimir Putin: Well, of course. You yourself have surely been swindled and cheated, too.

Andrei Vandenko: And what happened to those who did it?

Vladimir Putin: Nothing. You know, there was not much you could do during Soviet times. You got swindled, cheated and just lived with it.

Andrei Vandenko: But what if you caught them on the spot?

Vladimir Putin: Well, you know, first of all, it's not like I got cheated every day. But if I happened to notice it, there never was anything too serious, and I preferred not to lock horns. Making a scene is not a good idea, just isn't worth it.

Andrei Vandenko: Leaving small business aside, although it is obviously going through hard times, too. Now, there is this ”regulatory guillotine“…

Vladimir Putin: Yes. Starting from January 1, 2021.

Andrei Vandenko: How much time is left? Still a whole year. How many will survive till then and how many won’t?

Vladimir Putin: You see, Andrei, hitting the target is what it’s all about. It is a very tricky thing. What is a ”regulatory guillotine“? Take the very same retail trade, for instance. Especially the food retail sector or some other sectors that concern people’s lives. You could cancel everything to the point where hospitals would be working round the clock to accommodate patients with food poisonings. We should be very cautious about it.

The same applies to medicines and so on and so forth. Take fire safety. I know that the fire services are criticized a lot, but there are safety matters involved. Whenever a major tragedy occurs, we instantly begin to tighten the screws everywhere. In the meantime, it’s not about tightening or loosening rules – what we need is optimal fire safety requirements. The same goes for everything else. Therefore, cancelling everything at once is very dangerous. But leaving everything unchanged is no longer possible, either. That is why, during these 18 months and during this year, the Government will be working hard on this issue.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I'd say "pass Bernie the lube", but I don't like him that much, he can take it dry.

how "democratic" of him. more than half the delegates have not been earned yet. but because the DNC hates Bernie they want to shut down the primary process and disenfranchise their own voters to ensure Biden gets the nomination.

Top Bottom