Democrats 2020 Megathread - There can be only one!

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Funny how nobody is really talking about the age of the candidates.
Ronald Reagan was 69 when he became president, and I remember back in the day, the talk was that he's too old and he'd likely die in office.
Trump was 70 when he took office, and he's running against Biden (77), Bernie (78) and Bloomberg who just turned 78 today.
Yes, that's right, it's little Mikeys birthday today, let's give him a 21 gun salute to celebrate, I'm sure he'd like that.

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny how nobody is really talking about the age of the candidates.
Ronald Reagan was 69 when he became president, and I remember back in the day, the talk was that he's too old and he'd likely die in office.
Trump was 70 when he took office, and he's running against Biden (77), Bernie (78) and Bloomberg who just turned 78 today.
Yes, that's right, it's little Mikeys birthday today, let's give him a 21 gun salute to celebrate, I'm sure he'd like that.
I will have an extra giant coke on little Mike! Cheers!

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
there is yet ANOTHER Dem debate on Wednesday and then the NV caucus on Saturday!

From NY times: Who’s Qualified for the Next 2020 Democratic Debate?

Who’s Qualified for the Next
2020 Democratic Debate?

By Maggie Astor, K.K. Rebecca Lai, Matt Stevens and Gus WezerekUpdated Feb. 12, 2020
5 qualified so far

Biden

Sanders

Warren

Buttigieg

Klobuchar

Five candidates, so far, have qualified for the next debate, which will be held on Feb. 19 in Las Vegas.
The Feb. 19 Debate
To score an invite, candidates have to meet one of two polling requirements:
two polls at 12 percent or more in Nevada and/or South Carolina; or
four polls at 10 percent or more in those states or in national surveys.
Only polls released between Jan. 15 and Feb. 18 will count.
Candidates can also qualify by earning at least one delegate in the Iowa caucuses on Feb. 3 or in the New Hampshire primary on Feb. 11.

Super99Z

NES Member
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I'm pretty sure Bloomberg is buying his way in there as well.

ETA:

mass

NES Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0

Waher

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boston Gun & Rifle and Braintree Rifle & Pistol
Midget Mike very well could cost the DNC in local and state elections by buying up all the available campaign staff and advertising slots to the point all other campaigns are suffocated.

The irony of him trying to buy country for himself and the DNC backfiring spectacularly would make 2016's day after freak out scenario by the DNC media complex look like a papercut compared to a guillotine chop.

SERE

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Midget Mike very well could cost the DNC in local and state elections by buying up all the available campaign staff and advertising slots to the point all other campaigns are suffocated.

The irony of him trying to buy country for himself and the DNC backfiring spectacularly would make 2016's day after freak out scenario by the DNC media complex look like a papercut compared to a guillotine chop.
For those of us that remember the movie the title is going to take on a whole new meaning for the newer generations.

"The Day After"

Goliathan

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As U.S. Marines Greg Kelly and Katie Horgan write in the Wall Street Journal, however, veterans often “roll their eyes” when Buttigieg talks of his time in the Navy. Kelly and Horgan note Buttigieg jumped on the fast-track to becoming a military officer through a direct commission in the reserves, circumventing the years of intense training and preparation that most must go through to achieve such a status.

“Mr. Buttigieg skipped all that—no obstacle courses, no weapons training, no evaluation of his ability or willingness to lead,” the Marines write. “Paperwork, a health exam and a background check were all it took to make him a naval officer.”

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Donks should forget about Bernie's Sweden, ain't Sweden anymore, and replace it with Turkmenistan. That should be out future! We need our politicians to micro manage our lives.

AOC - no beef for ya
Bloomberg - no large fries and large drinks for ya
Bernie - "free" woodworking classes are now mandatory

"Because of the development of modern technology and information systems, many children and adolescents as well as people of all ages spend too much time on their computers, mobile phones, and tablets," Gurbanguly Berdymukhammedov told parliament on February 11 in a speech shown on nationwide state news programs.

"This leads to people being less physically active.... Such a lifestyle negatively impacts the eyesight and causes people to gain weight and other health problems," the president warned.

Berdymukhammedov said the government and society, in general, should encourage the country's young people to learn national sports and games as well as Turkmen traditions.

He urged lawmakers and government officials to "further expand" awareness campaigns among the youth about the benefits of a healthy lifestyle, proper nutrition, and engaging in physical fitness and sports.

In power since 2006, Berdymukhammedov also emphasized the importance of educating children about Turkmen culture, art, language, and history.

A trained dentist, the authoritarian president often speaks about engaging in a healthy lifestyle and is frequently shown on state television lifting weights in a gym, cycling, or horse riding -- a luxury that most Turkmen cannot afford.

Turkmenistan holds an annual special week of "health and happiness," with government officials ordering people to take part in compulsory exercise sessions and long walks.

The government has also taken measures to restrict smoking and the consumption of alcohol.

Turkmenistan has recently prohibited the use of mobile phones in schools and several parents have been fined after their children were found to be violating the ban.

Waher

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boston Gun & Rifle and Braintree Rifle & Pistol

Others are highly sexist, like one that has a name redacted in the Post’s document. “What do I want? I want an exclusive, 10-year contract, an automatic extension, and I want you to pay me. And I want a blow job from [name redacted]. Have you seen [name redacted] lately? Not bad for fifty.”

The misogynistic, homophobic remarks predate the #MeToo era and show a sophomoric obsession with referencing oral sex. On the subject of computers, he said: “You know why computers will never take the place of people? Because a computer would say that the sex of the person giving you a blow job doesn’t matter.”

His company’s financial information computers “will do everything, including give you [oral sex]. I guess that puts a lot of you girls out of business,” he said in another remark.

Some of the quoted remarks are relatively mild, like, “The three biggest lies are: the check’s in the mail, I’ll respect you in the morning, and I’m glad I’m Jewish.”

Others are positively eyebrow raising, like, “The Royal Family—what a bunch of misfits—a gay, an architect, that horsey faced lesbian, and a kid who gave up Koo Stark for some fat broad.” He characterizes one competitor as, “Cokehead, womanizing, fag.”
"Flipping through the book, staffers found themselves uncomfortably reading their billionaire founder’s boasts about keeping 'a girlfriend in every city' and other womanizing exploits as a Wall Street up-and-comer."

Bloomberg IS the creep the media/DNC tries to paint Trump as.

Last edited:

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top Bottom