Democrats 2020 Megathread - There can be only one!

Goliathan

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that we have the first one to fall, can we do a megathread to follow how the (D) contenders self-destruct as the campaign season rolls along?

Don't Stop Believin' (18):
  • Michael Bennet
  • Joe Biden
  • Cory Booker
  • Steve Bullock
  • Pete Buttigeig
  • Julian Castro
  • John Delaney
  • Tulsi Gabbard
  • Kamala Harris
  • Amy Klobuchar
  • Wayne Messam
  • Deval Patrick (Late entry 11/14/19)
  • Bernie Sanders
  • Joe Sestak
  • Tom Steyer (Late race entry 7/9/19)
  • Elizabeth Warren
  • Marianne Williamson
  • Andrew Yang

Forever In Our Hearts:

Also-ran: Richard Ojeda 11/11/18 to 1/25/19.

Along with some 250 other minor candidates, ranging from actors to real estate developers to a former college football coach...

Edit: Getting cluttered, so rearranged by who is in vs. who is out

Last edited:

Goliathan

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Swalwell's speech looked like he was going to cry.

Now that someone has been "first" the rest who know they have no chance can stop holding on. Who's next? I'm going Beto or Klobuchar, or one of the no-names.

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I actually like the title of this thread the most.

“There can only be one” It’s literally a reality show for conservatives. Id like one thread that details them battling it out [rofl][rofl]
This^

Let's run it like a Howie Carr Death Pool, guess who's the next that won't be coming down for breakfast.

Plutzing.gif

I for one am enjoying this clown show.

Goliathan

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Word is Hickenlooper's people are bugging out and he's got enough money to last about a month. He's my official choice for next out.

daekken

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Word is Hickenlooper's people are bugging out and he's got enough money to last about a month. He's my official choice for next out.
"At least five staffers have left or are leaving Hickenlooper’s struggling operation, including his campaign manager, communications director, digital director and finance director. Hickenlooper named a new campaign manager on Monday night.

Hickenlooper publicly blamed his former staff Tuesday for his failure to gain traction in the crowded Democratic primary.

“We thought it was time to make a change,” he told MSNBC’s Craig Melvin. “You know, these campaigns are long, hard campaigns and you don’t always get it right with the first team.”

Nice, throw your team under the bus, don't admit you're a crappy candidate in a crowded field.

Goliathan

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Done, good call!

"At least five staffers have left or are leaving Hickenlooper’s struggling operation, including his campaign manager, communications director, digital director and finance director. Hickenlooper named a new campaign manager on Monday night.

Hickenlooper publicly blamed his former staff Tuesday for his failure to gain traction in the crowded Democratic primary.

“We thought it was time to make a change,” he told MSNBC’s Craig Melvin. “You know, these campaigns are long, hard campaigns and you don’t always get it right with the first team.”

Nice, throw your team under the bus, don't admit you're a crappy candidate in a crowded field.
Nothing says "good leader" like taking all the credit when things go right, and blaming everyone else when things go wrong. Did he pick his "team" or didn't he?

daekken

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Done, good call!

Nothing says "good leader" like taking all the credit when things go right, and blaming everyone else when things go wrong. Did he pick his "team" or didn't he?
Apparently at least the finance guy is going to Beto's team, maybe more. From one sinking ship to another. Anything to keep drawing a paycheck, I suppose.

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Now that we have the first one to fall, can we do a megathread to follow how the (D) contenders self-destruct as the campaign season rolls along?

• Michael Bennet
  • Joe Biden
  • Cory Booker
  • Steve Bullock
  • Pete Buttigeig
  • Bill de Blasio
  • Julian Castro
  • John Delaney
  • Tulsi Gabbard
  • Kirsten Gillibrand
  • Mike Gravel
  • Kamala Harris
  • John Hickenlooper
  • Jay Inslee
  • Amy Klobuchar
  • Wayne Messam
  • Seth Moulton
  • Beto O'Rourke
  • Tim Ryan
  • Bernie Sanders
  • Joe Sestak
  • Tom Steyer (Late entry 7/9/19)
  • Eric Swalwell First to fall (7/8/19): Eric Swalwell ends White House bid, citing low polling, fundraising
  • Elizabeth Warren
  • Marianne Williamson
  • Andrew Yang

Edit: rearranged the names alphabetically
I suspect that the dem party is going to realize how badly they effed up and at last minute toss a dark horse candidate into the mix last minute who is an unknown/nobody/will do as told by handlers and everyone will swoon over him (or her)

Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Well done 'Loopy. Whatever keeps you going.

IMNSHO I want to see as many clowns in this clown car for as long as possible.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I have an old friend that lives in Las Vegas. He is a professional sports gambler.

I am going to call him and ask what kind of betting is going on there regards to the upcoming election.
If you poke around online there are british exchanges for exactly that kind of thing, ironically given all the commie bullshit over there political betting is legal in some parts of Europe. So you can find "odds and lines" for this candidate or that.

-Mike

amb

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Hey, they're bookies, not election commissioners. At least one person there isn't even legally eligible. You wanna bet on it, they'll take your money.

NH_Realtor

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Swalwell's speech looked like he was going to cry.

Now that someone has been "first" the rest who know they have no chance can stop holding on. Who's next? I'm going Beto or Klobuchar, or one of the no-names.
I keep seeing Beto's ad's on FB so it's possible he blows his load too early. You might be right there. But I'm guessing Hickenlooper.

They're all just so, so bad. If they were smart they'd push Gabbard forward as she's the closest centrist they have but they won't. She's not crazy enough for them.

My guess is it's Kamala, or they pull in Michelle last minute to try to recreate 07/08.

Top Bottom