• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Democratic US Reps introduce bill to ban CNCs designed to finish lowers

Liberal stupidity does NOT end. Just the opposite, it gets worse every day.
It is not stupidity, but a different value system and view of the relationship between the government and the governed.

Ask not the validity of an enemy action, but if its a step furthering the goal of total civilian disarmament, and everything they do starts to make sense. Even a public narrative of "gun in the hands of non-governmental people is a problem" helps their cause.

Last edited:
News flash: Neither the Dem politicians nor the majority of the American people care about knowing the technical lack of difference between a "ghost gun manufacturing machine" and any other machine tool. All they care about is the feelz. And when the media drumbeat is that this bill would "prevent criminals from manufacturing firearms", people will be in favor of it. You see, they also don't care about whether the "criminal" is a law-abiding citizen who believes that laws restricting firearms are unconstitutional. As soon as they see the word "crime" they think of violent felons.

I like the 80% A.K. they were milling, but I have real and more pressing questions like-

If I order one of these things, will some trollop in a see through body suit show up at my house?
Does she only dance to techno music?
If the answer to both above questions is yes, can I request she not look like a strung out meth head?

A ban on all machine tools without a licence? Or just a ban on all machine tools. Let's send us back to the stone age. We will have to file, hand drill and hand grind our lowers or anything else for that matter Maybe they won't ban electric drills
This has got to be the least thought out ledgeslation ever.

Politicians may be stupid but the Giffords lobbyists who are actually writing this bill are not and I'm not going to focus too much on the magic firearms specific CNC canard here, this is just a step in moving the discussion toward making private "manufacturing" of any kind illegal without a Type 07/10 FFL.

But I do not imagine that is a surprise to anyone here, or at least it should not be.

If the US Senate is lost to the Democrats an outright prohibition will likely happen.

That is even if Trump was still in the Whitehouse because frankly I am not sure at all that he would veto a bill with a MSM hyperbole ready title like, "The Protecting American Children from the Deadly Scourge of Ghost Guns Act" or some such nonsense, because in the end the Donald wants to be loved by the myopic law and order crowd.

🐯

CNC (or manual) millers are designed to "Machine" things. The CNC ones are programed for the job at hand. Do they want to put every machine shop in the country out of business by banning machine tools? Not a chance. Jack
When machine shops are banned, only outlaws will make guns.

When chemistry is banned, only outlaws will make bombs.

When knowledge is banned... well.

I don't think there exists any "milling machines specifically designed to convert unfinished frames and receivers into fully-functional"
"Why naw, Suh! This here thing don't come with no code, cain't make any kinda gun!"

Defense Distributed and Wikipedia have proved that the signal can't be stopped. The information can be prohibited, but it can't be erased.

And again, I could give a flying "F" about bump stocks.

RobR51, c. 2020, colorized, probably.

5edd09332030275fcd0241c2.png

It is not stupidity, but a different value system and view of the relationship between the government and the governed.

Ask not the validity of an enemy action, but if its a step furthering the goal of total civilian disarmament, and everything they do starts to make sense. Even a public narrative of "gun in the hands of non-governmental people is a problem" helps their cause.

The moonbats at the "useful idiot" level are pretty f***ing stupid, they're not even seeing anything that far. They only can see "gunz r bad, anything they can do to ban gunz = good, cuz thats what the brainwashing has taught us"

The people above them concocting gun control schemes, often not so much. The bloombergs, soros, et al of the world....

News flash: Neither the Dem politicians nor the majority of the American people care about knowing the technical lack of difference between a "ghost gun manufacturing machine" and any other machine tool. All they care about is the feelz. And when the media drumbeat is that this bill would "prevent criminals from manufacturing firearms", people will be in favor of it. You see, they also don't care about whether the "criminal" is a law-abiding citizen who believes that laws restricting firearms are unconstitutional. As soon as they see the word "crime" they think of violent felons.

It's far worse than that it doesn't even need citizen support. Most gun control that gets passed, gets pushed with very little real citizen support, the only time that ever comes into play is occasionally wobbly legislators have to be convinced that people actually support it, which is rarely the case for anyone that bothers to look into it for more than 10 seconds. If this BS
ever got passed, and you did a watters world segment, 99 out of 100 people interviewed wouldn't even know anything about the law that was just passed or what it banned.

A couple of our neighbors came over Saturday before we all walked up the street to watch the fireworks. He showed me a couple pics of his latest projects. He finished his prototype SCAR-17, that started out as a chunk of aluminum, he's actively working on Glock slides, and he started the autocad work for an aluminum (with steel inserts) Glock-like frame.

He's formally trained as a machinist, and he's got a Tormach in his garage. He's also got a programmable bandsaw for metal, a plasma cutter and welding equipment. He's applied for his 07 FFL, and is working on setting up an LLC.

Me? I just dabble.

A couple of our neighbors came over Saturday before we all walked up the street to watch the fireworks. He showed me a couple pics of his latest projects. He finished his prototype SCAR-17, that started out as a chunk of aluminum, he's actively working on Glock slides, and he started the autocad work for an aluminum (with steel inserts) Glock-like frame.

He's formally trained as a machinist, and he's got a Tormach in his garage. He's also got a programmable bandsaw for metal, a plasma cutter and welding equipment. He's applied for his 07 FFL, and is working on setting up an LLC.

Me? I just dabble.
Cue the "Mister Rogers" theme song!

True, but this would target the place(s) that sell a CNC just big enough to do a lower that comes with a single gcode file - that for a lower.
sell the machine and code separate. Done. next will be banning g-code? I wouldn't put it past em to try but good like trying to define that.

DefDist would just have to change the name to

My Little Pony CNC

Malodave

PS: I am working on building a Tabletop CNC with a 1500W spindle @ 24,000 RPM.
The machining envelope is 10" W x 15" L x 6" H. I already have a Table Top Mill,
7 x 12 Lathe, and a Sharp Branded Baby Bridgeport Clone.

Last edited:
Wouldn’t that also ban routers, and hand drills eventually ? I guess they haven’t figured out what is possible with hand tools yet.

Wouldn’t that also ban routers, and hand drills eventually ? I guess they haven’t figured out what is possible with hand tools yet.
Ha right. Most of these people have been paper pushers their whole life and have zero mechanical skills, think that goes for like most but not all liberals too. Losers.

Back
Top Bottom