• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Democrat lawmakers introduce gun control bill that would ban magazines holding more than 10 rounds

safetyfirst2125

NES Member

“A group of Democratic lawmakers in the House and the Senate on Wednesday introduced gun control legislation that would ban the sale, manufacturing, transfer, possession or importation of magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds.”

“Sen. Bob Menendez of New Jersey and Reps. Diana DeGette of Colorado, Ted Deutch of Florida, and Dina Titus of Nevada, rolled out the legislation Wednesday, known as the Keep Americans Safe Act.”

“The legislation would also authorize a "high-capacity" magazine buyback program; require any "high-capacity" magazines manufactured after the bill is enacted to have a "conspicuous serial number" and date of manufacture printed on it, so that it can be identified by law enforcement; and ensure law enforcement agencies have the authority to "seize and destroy high-capacity magazines possessed illegally."

The bill would also prevent coupled or joined magazines.”

never interrupt your opponents when they are making mistakes......

dems have smallest majority in modern history....its like 5 seats

GOP will get 5 seats alone just with redistricting before the 2022 election.

Combine that with state election law reforms, gun control and historical mid term election losses for party in majority and there's virtually zero chance the dems will retain control of the house
They won’t need to, they unlike republicans will get their agenda passed before then. And then the damage will be done.

Combine that with state election law reforms, gun control and historical mid term election losses for party in majority and there's virtually zero chance the dems will retain control of the house
By the midterms, the damage will have been done. You won't recognize this country, we are all witnessing it's destruction before our very eyes.

Over a 10 round mag ban?

mmmmmkay......

the biden administration is fighting to tread water over parallel crisis of their own making.....

Crisis at the southern border.....even at the northern border......

China is posturing again over Taiwan, North Korea is testing missiles again.

Biden has alienated Putin.......now he's facing an invasion of Ukraine......and you can bet that there's a lot of juicy criminal bish that would be embarrassing to american politicians......might even be the sole reason for Putin to roll into Ukraine.....

Iran/Isreal is heating up

Fuel prices/cost of living is through the roof

Unemployment claims up

Its sooooo bad that the propaganda outlets cant even cover up all the crisis......
Precisely my point! You left out packing the supreme Court

I really hope this doesn't happen, I can't see it standing up to a court challenge. But it is a very limited bill and I can see them passing it so they can claim they did something. They did get one thing wrong in the news report, if you read the bill;
“(v) (1) It shall be unlawful for a person to import, sell, manufacture, transfer, or possess, in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, a large capacity ammunition feeding device.

“(2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to the possession of any large capacity ammunition feeding device otherwise lawfully possessed on or before the date of enactment of the Keep Americans Safe Act.
So transfer will still be ok as long as the mag is pre this new ban. This won't have any affect on MA but free state would be SOL.

As much as I'm hoping this bill fails, I'm still being cautious and have put aside a supply of 30rd AR mags. Hint, RockIsland Auctions have had multi case lots in their last few auctions. In today's the two single case lots went for $920 and $863 (before buyer's premium and shipping), but I;m betting the next ones will be a lot more.

And you really think that during falling public support....dems are gonna get something passed that not even FDR could accomplish at the height of the great depression?

I wouldnt call it impossible but its at best improbable......and like the other legislative initiatives they have.....the consequences will be profound and long lasting in the minds of voters

Anything done legislatively can be undone in same manner......even if it survives judicial scrutiny
Let's hope you are right.

I really hope this doesn't happen, I can't see it standing up to a court challenge. But it is a very limited bill and I can see them passing it so they can claim they did something. They did get one thing wrong in the news report, if you read the bill;

So transfer will still be ok as long as the mag is pre this new ban. This won't have any affect on MA but free state would be SOL.

As much as I'm hoping this bill fails, I'm still being cautious and have put aside a supply of 30rd AR mags. Hint, RockIsland Auctions have had multi case lots in their last few auctions. In today's the two single case lots went for $920 and $863 (before buyer's premium and shipping), but I;m betting the next ones will be a lot more.

The "FREE STATES" won't care either way, many of their legislatures are already enacting laws that prohibit enforcement of any new federal BS and the common people of those states really don't give a rat's ass, the general concensous is that the feds can go piss up a rope. They've had enough.

Last edited:

At this point, I cannot believe that anyone but recent/new gun owners would not have a more than adequate supply of magazines for each of their firearms.

The same people introduce this every year. Not worried about it passing for all the reasons you've mentioned.

Hell, they're struggling like Mike Tyson in a spelling bee trying to pass universal background checks. 🤣

That all assumes voting will matter in the next election and won't be effectively canceled in areas due to various forms of fraud.

"... introduced gun control legislation that would ban the sale, manufacturing, transfer, possession or importation of magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds.”

... require any "high-capacity" magazines manufactured after the bill is enacted to have a "conspicuous serial number" and date of manufacture printed on it, so that it can be identified by law enforcement...

If they're banned from being manufactured, how can they then be manufactured and serialalized? Wouldn't the ban eliminate the need to put a serial number on them?

Do these idiots even think?

Last edited:
If they're banned, how can they be serialized yada yada. Wouldn't the ban eliminate the need?

Do these idiots even think?

They can't think rationally, they are too caught up in their narcissistic, dictatorial delusions of "saving the world "....aka making laws that oppress everyone else's rights but theirs. They also think their will be no consequences for their actions.

Last edited:
And you really think that during falling public support....dems are gonna get something passed that not even FDR could accomplish at the height of the great depression?
Yes.

They just demonstrated that they don't give a fiddler's f*** what the people think, and don't have to. They stole a federal election with a candidate who couldn't fill the waiting room of a country dentist's office, who was running against a guy who routinely filled stadiums and had spontaneous parades form in his honor.

I can see this passing and gaining the support in the Senate, especially if they work back room deals to kill the Assault Weapons Ban. "we will drop the AWB if you support just the magazine ban" type of thing. They will push it as a compromise. GOP in sensitive states will say they support the 2A by not going after "guns" but also want to "protect the children" Everyone wins.....well except actual gun owners that is. We get relegated to 2nd class citizenship again. Politicians, rich elite, LEO etc get protected by magazines with no restrictions while we peasants are placed at an automatic disadvantage.

That Maryland sniper needs to forget about going after police and start turning his efforts towards these Dem pols. One can hope. [devil]

The "FREE STATES" won't care either way, many of their legislatures are already enacting laws that prohibit enforcement of any new federal BS and the common people of those staes really don't give a rat's ass, the general concensous is that the feds can go piss up a rope. They've had enough.
You need to read those carefully, what NH was going for was about EOs only, not laws, so no protection.
At this point, I cannot believe that anyone but recent/new gun owners would not have a more than adequate supply of magazines for each of their firearms.
That depends on your definition of "adequate". And I'm no noob but I never owned an AR until last year, and with 10 mags you'd think I was OK. Now add more ARs and 200 mags, and I think I'm above "adequate".
I can see this passing and gaining the support in the Senate, especially if they work back room deals to kill the Assault Weapons Ban. "we will drop the AWB if you support just the magazine ban" type of thing. They will push it as a compromise. GOP in sensitive states will say they support the 2A by not going after "guns" but also want to "protect the children" Everyone wins.....well except actual gun owners that is. We get relegated to 2nd class citizenship again. Politicians, rich elite, LEO etc get protected by magazines with no restrictions while we peasants are placed at an automatic disadvantage.
This is what I'm concerned about. It's a very simple bill with just the one item. It's going to look very enticing to some of the politicians that don't want more gun control but want to put an end to the current onslaught. If course it want work out that way, they will just keep pushing.

This is another distraction.
The iron grip of authority is tightening either way.
And unfortunately, so many people are head down moving onward with this agenda because, you know , `never trump`
Wait until there is a war, neoliberals cannot wait to send uneducated white males to their death.

Then.... they'll do something other than have a tickle fight with the dems?

CA will redistrict out red districts when they lose 5 seats. 9th circus will uphold it too.

Oh the irony, LEO's toting " high capacity magazines " with come collect yours. :rolleyes:
I remember when NY was so quick to enact a ban on all guns holding more than 7 rounds that they forgot to include a law enforcement exemption in the law.
Until they fixed it, every cop in the city carrying more than a revolver was breaking the law.
I believe it was called the safe act and was passed by cuomo in 2013. It was later found to be unconstitutional.

Back
Top Bottom