• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

'Demilled' ammo for a musem

Do any of the reloaders on here have some De-mil'ed ammo for trade for some brass? I was down at the New Bedford Ft Tabor museum and noticed that they had a nagant pistol but no ammo for it (and lets face it, its an interesting round). I just picked up a box of 7.62x38r and showed them what it looks like but they cant put in on display like that (insurance and safty reasons). Can anyone mail me a 'safe' round or two? I can mail back some nagant brass if you want it.

Come to think of it, they have a few nagants and sks's there but I didnt see any ammo on clips. I have clips for both, but again no 'safe' rounds (i guess i could try to bull some heads off of rounds and push them into a spent case, but never tried it before and dont know how good it will look).

If anyone is in the area i suggest you go down and check it out, its grown by leaps and bounds in the past 4 years or so.

Kinetic puller and fire the primer. Then push the projjie in. If I remember tomorrow I'll try to make and photograph a few 7.62x54r from my surplus stuff.

any reason why a kinetic wouldnt work with a x38r? I am just worried that that flange on top is going to be a problem.

Kinetic puller and fire the primer. Then push the projjie in. If I remember tomorrow I'll try to make and photograph a few 7.62x54r from my surplus stuff.

It's not a 7.62X54R its a 7.62 Nagant, or 7.62X38R.

A76238RFMJ3.jpg

It's not a 7.62X54R its a 7.62 Nagant, or 7.62X38R

I was only going to make/find one of the x38r, but I am thinking of makeing/finding a few x54r ones on a extra stripper clip because i dont remember seeing any 'clip vs magazine' descriptions at the museum.

I actualy havnt seen the surpuls x38r (or at least not noticed the differnce until now). The current stuff i get now has a pronounced neck on it and a extra lip arround the top. Does anyone have a single surplus brass? I'll make it worth your while one way or the other.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom