Demand that the MA Legislature return to Special Session

Glockster30

NES Member
I'm not content to sit and wait for the next session of the legislature in 2017 or wait 2-5 years for lawsuits to run their course.

The governor has the authority to call the legislature back into a special session. The legislature can also call themselves back into special session. Instead of just sitting around wondering what we can do next, why don't we start bombarding the governor's office and the legislators demanding that they return to a special session and address the overreach of the AG.

They can start with Senator's Bruce Tarr's legislation (strip the AG of her power over gun regulations) "An Act to Protect Due Process and Strengthen Public Safety" that DeLeo wouldn't allow prior to the session that ended on 7/31.

http://goal.org/Documents/healey-2016/An-Act-To-Protect-Due-Process.pdf

Fifty percent of the states representatives are already on record as supporting Tarr's bill. I don't recall the number of senator's that supported it.

The governor and the legislature work for us, The People, and not the other way around, so let's start demanding that they address our issue with the AG. If the legislature still decides that this should be settled in court, that means that they can also repeal the AG's edict and wait until it is resolved one way or the other in court.

There is no logical reason why they need to hold us hostage with regard to Due Process until the courts decide on this, not to mention that it is most likely illegal for them to do so since the AG has no legislative power to reinterpret constitutional laws already passed by the legislature.

We should also remind the governor and the legislature that millions of dollars of tax payers' money is going to be spent by the AG defending lawsuits that will be filed on many fronts for no reason other than to try and further her own political aspirations.

I'm sure that there will be a number of "nattering nabob's of negativism" (Spiro Agnew is famous for something) that will respond to this, but let's discuss it anyway.

DeLeo is anti constitution. [puke] How's that for starters. I will call the governors office and O'Connell's office.

They could also address the actions of the AG completely agianst gun owners.

Last edited:
DeLeo is anti constitution. [puke] How's that for starters. I will call the governors office and O'Connell's office.

Baker literally supports the AG decision. Good luck with that.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I'm on board how do we make this happen?

Negative Nancy's please don't post we need to make something happen here in Mass. Please post your in and we can make this happen GOAL Please give us some direction on this .

Last edited:
I'm in for that phone call, but One term Charlie was in on this from the get go, so don't get your hopes up.
Maybe someone with more political savy can chime in on the thought of pressuring the RNC to lean on him.

Baker literally supports the AG decision. Good luck with that.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Yes, we all know where DeLeo stands and possibly Baker, but even if the legislature votes it down, it's an election year, so we know who not to vote for (many know, anyway) in the upcoming election.

Then again, if they can be forced back into session, it's really going to piss some of them off, so at least we are showing them that we still have some power even though we are a minority, but we are a minority that votes.

I just think that it's worth a shot and if we lose, it really doesn't matter because we are losing right now anyway. It's also a way to keep this issue alive in addition to having rallies and making phone calls/sending emails, etc., that right now are just going to the legislative aides.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

I'll contact GOAL to see what they have to say about this, unless Jon Green/Jim Wallace reads this thread first and want to chime in.

The least you could do is call !!!!!!!

Agreed, and it is time to get back to the phones anyway.

I will send emails to Gov, Sen, and Rep this weekend then follow up with phone calls on Wednesday.

I do not care to hear about the likelihood of it happening, I just know for sure it will not if I do not do my part to try.

It is like the lottery, can't win if you don't play! [grin]

Keep the pressure up at his office. I saw him at an event where he was supporting a candidate for Senate.

I talked to him for about five minutes, explained how I always been employed, have children in college and always been a legal gun owner.

Now due to new interpretation of a law almost twenty years old I could be a felon at the Attorney Generals whim.

He said he has asked her for clarification and he is sending a letter to the Legislature to make this a priority as soon as they are back in session.

We need to write our Representatives, phone calls are good but they answer letters.

We also need another rally as soon as they are session.

The only way the legislature and judiciary is going to turn against Healey is if public opinion changes. That is what they follow. Healey has been all over the media publicizing her position, drumming up supporters, getting all the attention for her false claims. Public opinion is turning her way more each day. We're losing that battle. The NRA, SAF and the like have impressive media plans to counter Hillbama and Bloomturd on a national level, but I don't see any evidence of such a plan locally. The battle must be won first in households before it can be won in the statehouse or the courts. She understands that.

"The governor has the authority to call the legislature back into a special session. "

you mean the same douche bag governor that told healy "hey, it looks good to me!"

[sad2]

"The governor has the authority to call the legislature back into a special session. "

you mean the same douche bag governor that told healy "hey, it looks good to me!"

[sad2]

Yeah, I didn't want to be the guy to say it but that was my first thought

- - - Updated - - -

Keep the pressure up at his office. I saw him at an event where he was supporting a candidate for Senate.

I talked to him for about five minutes, explained how I always been employed, have children in college and always been a legal gun owner.

Now due to new interpretation of a law almost twenty years old I could be a felon at the Attorney Generals whim.

He said he has asked her for clarification and he is sending a letter to the Legislature to make this a priority as soon as they are back in session.

We need to write our Representatives, phone calls are good but they answer letters.

We also need another rally as soon as they are session.

Yeah don't worry. Putting you faith in a politician should make this all go away

When do they come back now?

I'm in for that phone call, but One term Charlie was in on this from the get go, so don't get your hopes up.
Maybe someone with more political savy can chime in on the thought of pressuring the RNC to lean on him.
They are not going to "lean on him" or they'll wind up with an R candidate that can't win, like they did with Chafee in RI.

Gotta stay on the legislature. My last letters were about economic impact of firearm industry leaving.

It takes a 100% vote in special session, not going to happen, we already know many of the Dems support the BS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

When do they come back now?

They are not going to "lean on him" or they'll wind up with an R candidate that can't win, like they did with Chafee in RI.

Gotta stay on the legislature. My last letters were about economic impact of firearm industry leaving.

They have one now that can't win IMHO.
2 years is long enough to get the word out that he supported this shit show.
He won it in a squeaker against someone no one on either side liked.
A quarter of gun owners in this state voting against him this time would be more than enough unless the Dems put Jeffry Dahmer up against him.

I would think that if she was truly Pro 2A she would already be putting relentless pressure on him. Most politicians claim to be pro 2A until it becomes necessary to support it.

why not get Polito involved too? She is pro 2A. She can put some direct pressure on him...

Back
Top Bottom