• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Demand for AR-15 High Cap Pre-Ban Mags

Status
Not open for further replies.
As stated, is there a demand for them? I didn't want to post anything to classifieds before knowing there was a demand out there, and until I get back home into MA. I have a "couple" extra mags, used, old, worn coating, but still in good condition. If anyone in MA is interested let me know, and when I get home in 3 weeks, we can deal. If the the demand becomes huge, I have friends in free states, that would probably do a 1-for-1 swap.

It totally sucks I'm leaving the Marines, and NC since I can buy Brownell's Mags at the Exchange for $8.99 tax free.

As stated, is there a demand for them? I didn't want to post anything to classifieds before knowing there was a demand out there, and until I get back home into MA. I have a "couple" extra mags, used, old, worn coating, but still in good condition. If anyone in MA is interested let me know, and when I get home in 3 weeks, we can deal. If the the demand becomes huge, I have friends in free states, that would probably do a 1-for-1 swap.
It totally sucks I'm leaving the Marines, and NC since I can buy Brownell's Mags at the Exchange for $8.99 tax free.

AR-15 pre-bans, both 20s and 30s, run from $15 to $25 in classifieds.
Shops will sell them for as much as they can get; in one case for $40.

I've seen $10-25, and I've been told they tend to sell within hours. So, yes, I'd say there is a demand.

When I was looking for mags, I must somehow have been able to ignore the expensive ones.
I bought a half dozen, all for $20 or $25 plus shipping.

It depends a lot on the mag. If its a beat to shit mag then $15 is a good price I think. If its in a wrapper and dated both on the package and the mag then you can get a lot of money for them. At least $40 for those.

If you bought good condition prebans for $15 then the person does not want to make any money.

then the person does not want to make any money.

truth. it's nice to see stuff like that once in a while though... sometimes you look at prices and you wonder how the seller became so skilled in the art of blue falconry with $45 for an AR mag and $60 for a glock 17 mag.

truth. it's nice to see stuff like that once in a while though... sometimes you look at prices and you wonder how the seller became so skilled in the art of blue falconry with $45 for an AR mag and $60 for a glock 17 mag.

i used to be on the boat that hated high prices, then i realised that no one has to buy anything that they dont want to. 40 is on the high side, but have fun finding a in wrapper dated mag on your own. youll waste tons of time tracking one down.

i used to be on the boat that hated high prices, then i realised that no one has to buy anything that they dont want to. 40 is on the high side, but have fun finding a in wrapper dated mag on your own. youll waste tons of time tracking one down.

Tackdriver had some pre-bans in wrapper for a very realistic price. I snagged a few. It pays to visit the members classifieds.

Being in the Marine Corps, I have come across a lot of M16 Magazines. I have shown my fellow Marines the difference between a pre-ban with date stamp (some as old as '84), the BAN MAGs with LEO/MILITARY restriction stamps, and the post-bans, dated after 2004.

I have more than enough for myself. I've verified most of them to be pre-ban just from the looks of the body, and some with the internal date stamp.

I have an uncle in NH who is finding more pre-bans amongst his friend, since I put the offer on the table that I can do a 1-for-1 swap. Buy a brand new mag, for a precious pre-ban. I'm also doing that for his AR-15 lower, since I'm building a 14.5" w/welded+pinned YHM Phantom. I also cannot live without the collapsing M4 Buttstock, I'm a short guy.

I'm returning to MA to live with my dad (CWO4 Retired/USMC). Maybe we can change some state laws on guns.

And back to the topic of magazines, if I sold them exclusively to you guys for $10-15/ea and let you hand pick them out of my "couple extra" would that be awesome? I think I care more about people having the right to a 30 round magazine than making money off this.

And if there is anything easier to get in NC than MA, and it is legal to own in MA, let me know. I could swing a few deals for you guys. Did you know they sell AR-15 lowers for $65/ea down here?

Last edited:
$40 Wow! I did not know they went that high. I have quite a few… maybe I should start selling them and go into early retirement. [banana]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom