• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dem Pittsburgh Mayor Defies DA

Something is in the water there in Pittsburgh. I don’t know what it is, but it’s affecting the minds of some of their city leaders, that’s for sure.

After all, they continue to persist in pushing this whole idea of local gun laws despite repeatedly being warned that they can’t do that. Pennsylvania has a preemption law, which means all gun laws have to gun from the state legislature. But Mayor Bill Peduto and company don’t really care.

We know they don’t care about any of that because they’ve basically said so.
Friction between the mayor and district attorney, as well as among Pittsburgh City Council members, over proposed gun legislation lit up Grant Street on Tuesday as the city prepares for what could be a marathon public hearing later this week.

A disagreement between Mayor Bill Peduto and Allegheny County District Attorney Stephen A. Zappala Jr., which started with a Jan. 9 letter from Mr. Zappala to Councilman Corey O’Connor, continued Tuesday. Mr. Zappala wrote that the city’s gun bills were illegal and warned of the possibility of individual city lawmakers facing a criminal complaint.

“Why he wants to threaten council members with the potential of arrest if they would vote for gun reform is beyond me. It doesn’t even make sense politically what he’s doing,” Mr. Peduto said Tuesday, accusing Mr. Zappala of trying to appease the “gun lobby” for his re-election. Mr. Zappala’s term expires this year."
Peduto Challenges Pittsburgh DA To Arrest Him Over Gun Laws

Something is in the water there in Pittsburgh. I don’t know what it is, but it’s affecting the minds of some of their city leaders, that’s for sure.

After all, they continue to persist in pushing this whole idea of local gun laws despite repeatedly being warned that they can’t do that. Pennsylvania has a preemption law, which means all gun laws have to gun from the state legislature. But Mayor Bill Peduto and company don’t really care.

We know they don’t care about any of that because they’ve basically said so.
Friction between the mayor and district attorney, as well as among Pittsburgh City Council members, over proposed gun legislation lit up Grant Street on Tuesday as the city prepares for what could be a marathon public hearing later this week.

A disagreement between Mayor Bill Peduto and Allegheny County District Attorney Stephen A. Zappala Jr., which started with a Jan. 9 letter from Mr. Zappala to Councilman Corey O’Connor, continued Tuesday. Mr. Zappala wrote that the city’s gun bills were illegal and warned of the possibility of individual city lawmakers facing a criminal complaint.

“Why he wants to threaten council members with the potential of arrest if they would vote for gun reform is beyond me. It doesn’t even make sense politically what he’s doing,” Mr. Peduto said Tuesday, accusing Mr. Zappala of trying to appease the “gun lobby” for his re-election. Mr. Zappala’s term expires this year."
Peduto Challenges Pittsburgh DA To Arrest Him Over Gun Laws
It doesn’t make sense politically because they are getting big bucks from Bloomberg and friends

I hope Zappala actually does prosecute Peduto's stupid ass if he tries passing this shit.

The mayor is not above the state law, and the state law has criminal sanctions for this shit. This would be a first for them ever being enforced, though.

Honestly, Peduto needs to watch who he pisses off. Zappala has the balls to actually go through with this, but not because he gives a shit about gun laws.

Successful plaintiffs can sue to have their legal fees paid...with taxpayer funds. Gambling with other’s money is a no-risk game anti-gunners play with virtual impunity.

Any way legally this can be applied to Maura? Same doctrine?

Or this?
Estoppel in English law is a doctrine that may be used in certain situations to prevent a person from relying upon certain rights, or upon a set of facts (e.g. words said or actions performed) which is different from an earlier set of facts.

Maybe Shannon Watts promised Peduto an awesome hummer if he pushed this ordinance through

Any way legally this can be applied to Maura? Same doctrine?

Or this?
Estoppel in English law is a doctrine that may be used in certain situations to prevent a person from relying upon certain rights, or upon a set of facts (e.g. words said or actions performed) which is different from an earlier set of facts.
Maura listening to reason, do tell.

I want to see those motherf***ers get indicted. f*** their sjw posturing bullshit.

Back
Top Bottom