deleted

Nice setups. I like them. What calibers are all your 92's? And how do you like the Rossi vs. the EMF?

Do you shoot Classic Cowboy or Frontiersman? Or are all of you shooting smokeless?

I've been thinking about picking up a 73 and an 87 shotgun, and getting into black powder. But that might be down the road.

My setup is here... http://northeastshooters.com/viewtopic.php?t=4227

Here's me and my daughter, granted she's not of the cowgirl age, but I hope that one day she'll be shooting with me.

Halloweennight002.jpg

Anyway, I think that I might have to talk to some of my posse sometime and come up there for a shoot.

http://www.mansfieldfish.com/Site Pages/Activities/Cowboy/Cowboy.html

The two blue 92 carbines are Rossi and in .357/.38. The stainless and the long rifle are EMF and in .45 Colt. The EMFs are much better "Cowboy" guns since they are much smoother. The Rossi's are the older versions with the front sight part of the barrel band. The Henry and one of the 66's are .45, the other 66 is in .38. The pistols match up with whatever caliber the rifle is. Both 97's are 12 gauge and the stoeger is 20 with the other doubles 12.

Right now, we all shoot traditional. My wife makes all of the gun carts in the picture as well as a folding version, a buckboard version and even a Pagoda. She made one for each of our small Aroostook County Posse and gave them out as Christmas gifts a couple of years ago. Each one represents the owners character or profession.

Here is a picture of some of the carts.
Carts.jpg

Those are some nice looking carts.

I'm going to work with one of the guys on my posse who's a carpenter. I've got plans on making a cart that looks like an outhouse. Have two 97's with three forends, all 30" barrels. So I plan making it short enought where the 97 will stick out the top, and make it look like a vent pipe when it's in the cart.

What is your Alias? Mine is obvious. CS Undertaker. My wife is Lady Diamond. My children are: Annie Smokely, Frisky Whisky, Cherokee Moon Baby and Passamoquoddy Kid.

Undertaker

Undertaker said:
The two blue 92 carbines are Rossi and in .357/.38. The stainless and the long rifle are EMF and in .45 Colt. The EMFs are much better "Cowboy" guns since they are much smoother. The Rossi's are the older versions with the front sight part of the barrel band. The Henry and one of the 66's are .45, the other 66 is in .38. [/img]
I was told alot of Cowboy Action Shooters don't like Winchester,Marlin,and Browning lever actions in pistol calibers because they jam up so much. Do you know of anyone having feeding problems with the American lever actions? I saw on the OLN how the Rossi's were made in the factory. They seem to have better quality control than the American gun makers. Thanks.

I only had problems when I tried to use .357s in the Rossi's. I found some factory .38s that shot well and when I reload, I load to the same OAL. The 45's have never given me a problem. EMF's are made by Rossi so except for the age, and the front sights, they are pretty much the same guns.

I tried marlins before and they seemed more finicky with the .38s. I cannot afford to buy everyone Uberti 66/73's so they get the Rossi/EMFs and have no problems with them. We are not however speed demons..........

Undertaker

Undertaker said:
I only had problems when I tried to use .357s in the Rossi's. I found some factory .38s that shot well and when I reload, I load to the same OAL. The 45's have never given me a problem. EMF's are made by Rossi so except for the age, and the front sights, they are pretty much the same guns.

I tried marlins before and they seemed more finicky with the .38s. I cannot afford to buy everyone Uberti 66/73's so they get the Rossi/EMFs and have no problems with them. We are not however speed demons..........

Undertaker

Just a side note, I found that if you don't load the rounds to an OAL of 1.62 in the Rossi's you have some problems. That's why I don't shoot .38's out of them.

Undertaker, I'm sending you a PM. Have a question about some shoots up your way.

Back
Top Bottom