Delete

It explains how an unserialized Anderson lower exists. Putting the 'complete lower' together is just assembly work.
Uhhh... No. Absolutely not.

If it can be "just assembled", it must be serial numbered from the factory.

An unfinished lower without a serial number requires machining before it can be "assembled".

Buying an unserialized complete lower from a non manufacturer private individual and the buyer not being a PP would be legal in Ma, wouldn't it?

Buying an unserialized complete lower from a non manufacturer private individual and the buyer not being a PP would be legal in Ma, wouldn't it?
this is about as far into the weeds as the question can get. with the additional proviso that the seller is not only not the holder of an appropriate FFL, but is not otherwise in the business of it - yes. but they should be sure to file their eFA-10

with the additional proviso that the seller is not only not the holder of an appropriate FFL, but is not otherwise in the business of it - yes.
No "additional proviso" required, I would think "a non manufacturer private individual" pretty much covers that...

Would the buyer even have to be concerned that the seller is legal to posses it? Seems that would be the sellers issue alone.

Yes, I'm 'out in the weeds' here but still valid questions.

No "additional proviso" required, I would think "a non manufacturer private individual" pretty much covers that...

Would the buyer even have to be concerned that the seller is legal to posses it? Seems that would be the sellers issue alone.

Yes, I'm 'out in the weeds' here but still valid questions.
There's a difference between a licensed manufacturer and an unlicensed one, which is further different from a maker.

The buyer might be in the clear in this situation, as it's the responsibility of the manufacturer to be in compliance, but it would represent certain risk of getting tangled up in their future defense. This becomes a question of risk tolerance. For example, if the buyer and seller are close enough friends, the buyer might be confident that this is a case of wanting to move on from a rifle that no longer interests him. If the seller is an anonymous poster on a webforum, said buyer might want to consider how many people he might have previously made similar sales to.

My point was simply to clarify what we mean by "non manufacturer."

Back
Top Bottom