Delete

Yes so long as you are LTC-A licensed you can build one, and when it is capable of firing a shot you need to eFA-10 it.

Since a P80 is just a hunk of plastic until it it finished out, owning a kit in a box unfinished does not fit any MA definition of a firearm. Have a Magazine or other component to go with the kit and then it gets hairy. None of this will save you from getting charged and having to defend yourself from some ahole AG.

Personally? I'd find a friendly LGS that sells Glock frames for the model you want, and buy the frame, then a upper to slide on it.

Brand new never fired Gen3 G19 uppers are less than 300 dollars online

I don't know what a Glock frame goes for these days, but I know they are a hell of a lot better and more reliable than a P80 will ever be.

IMHO P80's are not cost effective, reliable, nor have the longevity of a Glock frame

Yes so long as you are LTC-A licensed you can build one, and when it is capable of firing a shot you need to eFA-10 it.

Personally? I'd find a friendly LGS that sells Glock frames for the model you want, and buy the frame, then a upper to slide on it.

Brand new never fired Gen3 G19 uppers are less than 300 dollars online

I don't know what a Glock frame goes for these days, but I know they are a hell of a lot better and more reliable than a P80 will ever be.

IMHO P80's are not cost effective, reliable, nor have the longevity of a Glock frame

If he's going to do that he'd be better off buying a full bnib oem glock

If he's going to do that he'd be better off buying a full bnib oem glock
I agree, a complete factory assembled Glock is always the first choice, but from where I sit looking at the MA Glock tax, sometimes it is cheaper and easier to piece one together.

I agree, a complete factory assembled Glock is always the first choice, but from where I sit looking at the MA Glock tax, sometimes it is cheaper and easier to piece one together.
The glock tax seems mostly gone now. There are several vendors who can help you get into one for about MSRP

no, it’s not. Maybe an extra 50 bucks lol. Not to mention the hit you would take on a shitty mixmaster if you had to sell one would be huge.

P80's do seem to have softer polymer than OEM, but that resulting in catastrophic failure? Not so sure. Mine has lasted several hundreds of rounds without any worries, but that's just a sample pool of 1. As for the cost effectiveness--I don't really think that was the goal of an 80% kit. You may incidentally find good deals on build kits, but the true value lies elsewhere with these kits. Plus, the "buy the frame and FCG and go from there" customization era is in full swing with Sig P365/P320's taking the lead. It is more or less the same concept with these kits.

But yes, a OEM Glock is better than an P80 build. Won't argue that one, just add a little color to the discussion. I will say though that the P80 has better grip ergonomics, out of the box stippling, and high undercut trigger guard in my opinion. People out there trying to customize their Glock OEM grips end up making them look like P80 grips.

Back
Top Bottom