• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Delete please

I guess the first thing would be to go over there and make sure all firearms are unloaded, and give her a safety lecture! The #2 thing is to protect the family members from harassement. So if they don't have the proper licenses you need to go thru everything and make sure it is locked up without their access...that includes ammo and any high capacity magazines!!! Some police departments will give you some time to get things in order, others probably will come swooping down as soon as they got wind of the situation!!!

If you have the storage room, you might want to move it all to your place.

Next, you have to decide if you want to get involved in trying to sell it all. In mass you only have a limited # of transfers per year personally. However, the executor of the will can transfer an unlimited number, so who is the executor? I had a similar situation and the family handled it like this: They took the most sentimental and or valuable firearms and spread them out thru the family. (this required a waiting period while the father of one family had to get a license for his an his kids guns before they could be transfered). The remainder, we had a local gun dealer come over and put them up for consignment. PM me if you want his name.

Not a lawyer, but I think there is a 6 month grace period where you should get it all done by.

Thank you for your advice. I deleted my post to prevent any inappropriate parties from swooping in. You gave me enough information so that I can serve as a facilitator. I will PM you for the name of the local gun dealer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom