DELEO'S GUN HEARING today (Megathread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good. Who really cares; its just a sign. Not like its going to sway any votes, its just the principle of it. Betcha wouldn't even make it through the damn door with an 8"x10" Gadsden flag.

cripes, it'd be like a slip n' slide, you'd go whooshing off into the corner

10b1275ac7ff18d1c7870d45bdfe2a40.jpg

the people a few rows back are probably wondering if it's time to deploy lifeboats

I think we need to give her a break, she had just gotten word gold coral was having a 1.00 buffet sobshe was pressured to finish quickly.

Sent from the blind

Wow. Those Grandmas look like they are out on the town ready to play a nice game of bingo. Is this their retirement hobby?

That's why I love my Mom, 69 years old, works 40 hours a week , and HATES women like this. I told her about what was going on and she immediately started looking for property up north. "I'll be G#D dammed if these bastards are getting your dad's collection."

Last edited:
I loved the old lady sheep sitting next to a guy who was explaining the grassroots history of the MDA movement and how Bloomberg got behind it because it was such a big deal. Her response was "Well Bloomberg's a lot smarter than I am" (implying they must be doing the right thing) almost made me throw up a little in my mouth. Damn sheep.

I loved the old lady sheep sitting next to a guy who was explaining the grassroots history of the MDA movement and how Bloomberg got behind it because it was such a big deal. Her response was "Well Bloomberg's a lot smarter than I am" (implying they must be doing the right thing) almost made me throw up a little in my mouth. Damn sheep.

While I hate the guy, hes definitelt no dummy. He has more money than god so he goes after the next best thing: power.

Who watches house of cards?

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

Looking good, guys

Click on the pics for a fullsize version!

Really glad I wasn't picking my nose.

Sorry if this was already discussed as I haven't had time to peruse the entire thread as I left my house at 6 am only to return after 10PM eniterly for the hearing - leaving my luch in my truck was a mistake as not eating really screwed me up later in the evening. Kinda lost it with the religious panels getting extra attention and claiming they represent "people of faith" - Don't know about your Jesus you little pansy-ass excuse for a man, but mine was a bad ass when he needed to be.

My take away is that we need to push to have the two hearings for which there was a seconded motion. Call your rep and senator and push the hell out of this.

Second, I believe there may be a chance to push shall issue with the following caveat - the COP has the ability to present evidence at a hearing or before a court to show that while the applicant is not a prohibited person, he/she is unsuitable. Even if the COP would be allowed to delay by 30-60 day the issuance of a permit, I think that is something we could all get behind because it would shift the burden from us to the state in proving suitability or lack thereof.

Second, I believe there may be a chance to push shall issue with the following caveat - the COP has the ability to present evidence at a hearing or before a court to show that while the applicant is not a prohibited person, he/she is unsuitable. Even if the COP would be allowed to delay by 30-60 day the issuance of a permit, I think that is something we could all get behind because it would shift the burden from us to the state in proving suitability or lack thereof.

That's something I could get behind.

Thanks for being there, upset I couldn't.

That's something I could get behind.

Thanks for being there, upset I couldn't.

I had discussing shall issue with COP ability to call for a suitablility review whenever I could with reps after hearing - Was happy when Jim brought it up and Naughton does seem to be interested in the idea. The problem is that this would be the carrot on the other end of a very nasty stick for a "comprimise" bill.

I tried to fax my letters the reps but when the machine calls in there's a voice message on the other end, something about leaving your fax number. This aborts the call and you cannot send the fax. Did anyone else have the same problem?

I tried to fax my letters the reps but when the machine calls in there's a voice message on the other end, something about leaving your fax number. This aborts the call and you cannot send the fax. Did anyone else have the same problem?

Might be a call back system - you touch tone your fax number and the system calls you back to receive - stops annoying spam, fax-bombs, and threats

That was before we had them take the sign down. The court officer did have them remove it.

The second time I asked the blonde bailiff she said Naughton had not "made his decision" yet. She agreed it was preferrential treatment though.

Blitz's beef, beer and busty brunettes.

Hmmmm.

Blondes, Brunettes, Gingers even Albinos are equal when viewed through the eyes of the beer goggle.

It is incredibly hard to top Secretary of Public Safety Andrea Cabral's woeful ignorance.

At first I thought it was Wilfork with a wig.

2013_Cabral.jpg

Holy crap! Run, Deval!! She's going to eat you!

But seriously, ignorance is inexcusable in someone in such a powerful position.

The second time I asked the blonde bailiff she said Naughton had not "made his decision" yet. She agreed it was preferrential treatment though.

When I was leaving the other bailiff person was making them take down the big yellow sign against the back wall.

As I said in a previous post:
WATCH OUT FOR THESE BASTARDS that they don't try to ram it through - intact - on Thursday afternoon, July 3rd, when the entire state is in "get home for the pre-party" or "get on the highway early to beat the beach crowd!!" mode....

Keep the pressure on them, keep calling and tell EVERYONE YOU KNOW to do so also. This way if they try to pull a fast one they'll know they are being watched on this!!
And remind everyone you know of how, should these regulations and restrictions pass, THEY might be the next "poor unlucky soul" in Arlington or anywhere else, defenseless, violently raped by the released Level 3 sex offender who broke into her quiet home....
Maybe she didn't want (or think she needed) a gun.
But if you DO, these State House bast*rds will be allowed to restrict you or your wife even FURTHER from lawfully defending themselves.

KEEP THE PRESSURE ON THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed. Remember history, there was a great deal of blow back in NY and CT as the bills were passed with little to no debate. The antis are not fools, they know how to play this game (in some ways better than us) and they do learn from mistakes. While it is great we got our side out, I would not be surprised if this was rammed through now as they can say "we had hearings, debates and review. We gave everyone a chance, we were not like NY and CT." Vigilance is the word for the day, week, month, year, decade. This could all be the trappings of a show trial.

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a transcript of yesterdays hearing?

Cabral got her clock cleaned by one of the Reps when she said 455 guns registered in Mass. were used in gun crimes. He asked what proof she had of this and if the registered users were prosecuted. She had no clue. Just spewing out numbers.

After so much publicity I can't see this dying on the vine. At best it will be watered down a little, but DeLeo's lack of presence today shows how little he is concerned about passing meaningful legislation or even entertaining dialog on this. I think Naughton would do the right thing if he could, but he's not driving this crazy train anymore.

great point on DeLeo

I bet Naughton votes for it whatever it ends up including

This guy blew them away. Honestly, the way he opened I thought he was going to be anti. He should have been on earlier in the day with the "expert" testimony. He had far more numbers and facts than anybody, and obviously only a moonbat could disagree with his thorough analysis.

One of the antis pulled him out into the lobby after he was done, I'd love to know what was said out there.
"Were going to snuff you out" said the anti with a devilish grin...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I am thinking maybe, he doesn't care and it will fail? He will say "hey I tried" I know this is wishful thinking but I am hoping

I would guess this is not the case. He has to push something through in order to appease the liberal base in this state. My hope is that he will let Naughton correct some of the more egregious flaws in the bill and let the amended version pass since it will still be "doing something".

I am thinking maybe, he doesn't care and it will fail? He will say "hey I tried" I know this is wishful thinking but I am hoping
pretty sure he would rather have it pass and it would be his legacy

and when you call and email (him and your other reps), be sure to respectfully note that you were upset that the sponsor of the bill was not present for the hearing you took time to attend because it concerns you

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread now. (It's purpose to was to discuss and coordinate around the public hearing that took place yesterday. That hearing is over, so the thread's purpose has been served.)

Thank you to everyone who found the time to make it to the hearing yesterday. I made an effort to introduce myself to people who appeared to be on our side. If I missed you I apologize.

Please continue discussion regarding the DeLeo bill in the original thread here: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/237413-Gun-Violence-report-in-the-hands-of-DeLeo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom