DELEO'S GUN HEARING today (Megathread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The committee was really interested in the guy who testified late with all the statistics. He talked about how in Florida in the late 80s, tourism was suffering because criminals were targeting tourists. But Florida, instead of strengthening gun control laws, relaxed them and started issuing more permits. The result was that crime went way down and the tourism industry was saved. He also had a lot of charts and graphs on how since 1998, gun laws across the nation loosened, while crime went down, but in MA, gun control got tougher and crime went up. The committee was very interested in his testimony and asked to get copies of all the charts and graphs.

At least some of you guys were actually able to talk this time.

Last time, that wasn't the case from what I can remember.

Thank you.
Did they mention when voting on this actual bill will take place? I am guessing sooner rather than later??

As I said in a previous post:
WATCH OUT FOR THESE BASTARDS that they don't try to ram it through - intact - on Thursday afternoon, July 3rd, when the entire state is in "get home for the pre-party" or "get on the highway early to beat the beach crowd!!" mode....

Keep the pressure on them, keep calling and tell EVERYONE YOU KNOW to do so also. This way if they try to pull a fast one they'll know they are being watched on this!!
And remind everyone you know of how, should these regulations and restrictions pass, THEY might be the next "poor unlucky soul" in Arlington or anywhere else, defenseless, violently raped by the released Level 3 sex offender who broke into her quiet home....
Maybe she didn't want (or think she needed) a gun.
But if you DO, these State House bast*rds will be allowed to restrict you or your wife even FURTHER from lawfully defending themselves.

KEEP THE PRESSURE ON THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

The committee was really interested in the guy who testified late with all the statistics. He talked about how in Florida in the late 80s, tourism was suffering because criminals were targeting tourists. But Florida, instead of strengthening gun control laws, relaxed them and started issuing more permits. The result was that crime went way down and the tourism industry was saved. He also had a lot of charts and graphs on how since 1998, gun laws across the nation loosened, while crime went down, but in MA, gun control got tougher and crime went up. The committee was very interested in his testimony and asked to get copies of all the charts and graphs.

Who was he? From where? We all want to buy him coffee....

I'd have liked to see a speaker address the mental health thing from another angle. Instead of trying to identify people who don't meet their standards they should devote more time to the over-medication of children and young adults. How many of the shooters in the various incidents over the years were taking one psychotropic drug or another?
This. They all are.

BOSTON — Tonia Ortiz, 19, lives in Boston's South End and came to a State House hearing on a gun violence bill Tuesday in honor of her friend Jorge Fuentes.

Fuentes, she said, was shot in Dorchester while walking his dog outside his home. "I don't want other people to feel the pain I felt when he passed away," Ortiz said, explaining her support for tighter gun regulations.
When will these morons realize 99% of these types of shootings are from ILLEGAL guns. All the laws in the world will not make illegal guns evaporate.

its old but a good read

http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/...s-less-safe/3845k7xHzkwTrBWy4KpkEM/story.html

best part

Relative to the rest of the country, or to just the states on its borders, Massachusetts since 1998 has become a more dangerous state. Economist John Lott, using FBI crime data since 1980, shows how dramatic the contrast has been. In 1998, Massachusetts’s murder rate equaled about 70 percent of the rate for Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Connecticut, Rhode Island, and New York. Now it equals 125 percent of that rate.
Clearly something bad happened to Massachusetts 15 years ago. Blaming the neighbors may be ideologically comforting. But those aren’t the states whose crime rates are up.

Last edited:
I can't for the life of me understand people who think that criminals who are illegally bypassing the FA10 system are now going to go into a dealer to do their illegal deal... or not do the deal because they're supposed to go into a dealer?

I don't get the logic.

Anyway....

its old but a good read

http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/...s-less-safe/3845k7xHzkwTrBWy4KpkEM/story.html

best part

Relative to the rest of the country, or to just the states on its borders, Massachusetts since 1998 has become a more dangerous state. Economist John Lott, using FBI crime data since 1980, shows how dramatic the contrast has been. In 1998, Massachusetts’s murder rate equaled about 70 percent of the rate for Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Connecticut, Rhode Island, and New York. Now it equals 125 percent of that rate.
Clearly something bad happened to Massachusetts 15 years ago. Blaming the neighbors may be ideologically comforting. But those aren’t the states whose crime rates are up.

Holy sh*t, that's in the globe????

You guys who made it in today are awesome. My heartfelt thanks. It always bothers me that these hearings make us choose between our jobs and our ideals.

DeLeo is my rep unfortunately. I sent him a snail mail. I'll follow up with a phone call tomorrow.

You guys who made it in today are awesome. My heartfelt thanks. It always bothers me that these hearings make us choose between our jobs and our ideals.

DeLeo is my rep unfortunately. I sent him a snail mail. I'll follow up with a phone call tomorrow.

I'm quite angry I couldn't get the day off. I tried a week ago. But wanted to pass along a big thank you to all the NESr's that went. Thank you! Also thank you to Jim Wallace and GOAL.

Fired from my HTC One with high capacity storage

I would not see an issue with live fire training if it was incorporated into the current course. I offer it as a bonus for people to see what the gun actually feels like when you fire it! Hell if thats all that comes out of this Bill I will by the entire NES members a round...but I know better and these bastards wont rest until they feel like they passed something even if it doesnt help at all

Sent from ]

Boston residents seeking a LTC and LTC renewal already have to pass live fire testing at Moon Island.

I think DarthRevan in the other thread got his name as Richard Kramer, a quick google search didn't bring up anything biographical - so at this point he's the Lone Ranger.

Hearing ended at 9:00. I was the last speaker. Only pro-2a people the last several hours.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I'm on my phone so I can't, but would someone please + rep this guy for staying until the end? Thanks to all who attended and spoke.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

This guy blew them away. Honestly, the way he opened I thought he was going to be anti. He should have been on earlier in the day with the "expert" testimony. He had far more numbers and facts than anybody, and obviously only a moonbat could disagree with his thorough analysis.

One of the antis pulled him out into the lobby after he was done, I'd love to know what was said out there.

Call your reps and demand additional public hearings. We need to be heard.

this, and across the state, not just boston. Don't let this be the last word

and set up face to face meetings with them as well

And BE PREPARED. Between now and then is a good time to contact your clubs and all your friends, write the local papers, set up press conferences and invite reporters, print badges signs buttons etc, and outflank the grannies in every way possible.

Another thing someone pointed out - all of the "mental health" and "school safety" provisions in the current bill are unfunded mandates. The bill does not provide for any funding for any of the programs the bill would create.

GREAT POINT! Did anyone say this at the hearing?

It's his bill. He's not going to say, "yeah this is gonna sit on the floor and die cause its political poison".

So true. I am thinking this may just end up dead on the vine come July.

Thank you to those who went.

BOSTON — Tonia Ortiz, 19, lives in Boston's South End and came to a State House hearing on a gun violence bill Tuesday in honor of her friend Jorge Fuentes.

Fuentes, she said, was shot in Dorchester while walking his dog outside his home. "I don't want other people to feel the pain I felt when he passed away," Ortiz said, explaining her support for tighter gun regulations.
When will these morons realize 99% of these types of shootings are from ILLEGAL guns. All the laws in the world will not make illegal guns evaporate.

There is no such thing as an "illegal gun". Laws apply to people, not things.

How do WE get that info as well? It can and SHOULD be used again, at every hearing (maybe in slightly different forms).

Last edited:

Anyone know what studies/statistics he was referencing?

After so much publicity I can't see this dying on the vine. At best it will be watered down a little, but DeLeo's lack of presence today shows how little he is concerned about passing meaningful legislation or even entertaining dialog on this. I think Naughton would do the right thing if he could, but he's not driving this crazy train anymore.

Anyone know what studies/statistics he was referencing?

I got the impression that he was using Federal and state publicly available data and applying is statistical analysis. I wish he'd make his report available.

He basically said that MA laws passed in 1998 had resulted in 19,000 acts of violence because people were not able to defend themselves. It was gold.

After so much publicity I can't see this dying on the vine. At best it will be watered down a little, but DeLeo's lack of presence today shows how little he is concerned about passing meaningful legislation or even entertaining dialog on this. I think Naughton would do the right thing if he could, but he's not driving this crazy train anymore.

There were quite a lot of questions asked by at least five of the reps that did not support the bill. There were some agreement points on various parts of the bill from Goal and others and a suggestion of separating the mental health and the 2ed amendment points into separate bills. It sucked to have to listen to a bunch of SEIU teachers try to attach their failed mental health bill to the gun control bill. They never talked about the gun bill at hand.
If I learned anything I learned if you want to talk early you need to make up some group name and bring 5, 6 hell seven people up to speak for a couple of minutes each. Groups went first. Some of the groups were just friends that made a group.

When some other big thing comes up over the next couple weeks or months, they will take the place of this. It will silently die with all this opposition. HOWEVER, we need to keep up the fight, and plan better for the next time, taking all the best ideas and put them together as training for these things. This needs to be done OFFLINE, out of sight of the opposition. Maybe the "NES Get-Together" or "Meet and Greet" things would be a good avenue for this sort of planning. (pass it on)

Last edited:
As I said in a previous post:
WATCH OUT FOR THESE BASTARDS that they don't try to ram it through - intact - on Thursday afternoon, July 3rd, when the entire state is in "get home for the pre-party" or "get on the highway early to beat the beach crowd!!" mode....

Keep the pressure on them, keep calling and tell EVERYONE YOU KNOW to do so also. This way if they try to pull a fast one they'll know they are being watched on this!!
And remind everyone you know of how, should these regulations and restrictions pass, THEY might be the next "poor unlucky soul" in Arlington or anywhere else, defenseless, violently raped by the released Level 3 sex offender who broke into her quiet home....
Maybe she didn't want (or think she needed) a gun.
But if you DO, these State House bast*rds will be allowed to restrict you or your wife even FURTHER from lawfully defending themselves.

KEEP THE PRESSURE ON THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Who was he? From where? We all want to buy him coffee....

He said he was a Rabbi from Sharon, did a great job. I hung in till 7:30 till Rogues did his . Great job Scott!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom