• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

DELEO'S GUN HEARING today (Megathread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fact is LTC is here to stay.

It doesn't matter. The language I read makes it such that an unanswerable body will be given the power to determine who is a suitable instructor and what they need to do t be an instructor, what the suitable LTC training requires, the standards for completing said training, etc. they could set the bar as arbitrarily high as they want in order to dissuade people from getting permission to exercise their rights.

From what I have read here it sounds like even though we didn't have the number of people the anti's had we landed many more punches in this round

I think we were pretty even from a raw numbers perspective. The other side didn't stay very long at all, and I still suspect that many were trucked in from other states. Our speakers were hands down better.

Aaron[MA];3959422 said:
If this is correct, I would like to state that Matt Beaton is a beast. His was some of my favorite testimony.

Tap

Worked for his dad at one point. Great cop. Great guy.

It doesn't matter. The language I read makes it such that an unanswerable body will be given the power to determine who is a suitable instructor and what they need to do t be an instructor, what the suitable LTC training requires, the standards for completing said training, etc. they could set the bar as arbitrarily high as they want in order to dissuade people from getting permission to exercise their rights.

So, are they planning on paying the future non-compliant instructors to compensate them for the cost of taking the NRA Instructor training as well as the fifty bucks that the Commiewealth took as a fee?

Call your reps and demand additional public hearings. We need to be heard.

Thanks to all who attended today. I called deleo and my rep and senator and was pissed off i got stuck at work with a customer visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Call your reps and demand additional public hearings. We need to be heard.

this, and across the state, not just boston. Don't let this be the last word

and set up face to face meetings with them as well

Are you guys still at the hearing or it did finish? Jim was just on Greater Boston on WGBH with Linsky.

Are you guys still at the hearing or it did finish? Jim was just on Greater Boston on WGBH with Linsky.

Thanks for mentioning it. Here it is for those who missed it like me.

What a dick this Linksy is. "Other type of murders". I know only of one type of murder and that is a murder.
"I want to get a bill to the Governor's desk...". Did you hear that moms? We actually did get a bill...we DID SOMETHING. There will be no more deadly shootings in MA thanks to this bill and your retard kids will not kill themselves ever again. What a douche.

Last edited:
I would not see an issue with live fire training if it was incorporated into the current course. I offer it as a bonus for people to see what the gun actually feels like when you fire it! Hell if thats all that comes out of this Bill I will by the entire NES members a round...but I know better and these bastards wont rest until they feel like they passed something even if it doesnt help at all

But give them ANYTHING and the bastards want MORE!! (the famous New Jersey hearing where the legislator didn't know her mike was live, and she whispered to a colleague "We needed a different bill! One where we can confiscate confiscate confiscate!!!")

Last edited:
Thanks for mentioning it. Here it is for those who missed it like me.

What a dick this Linksy is. "Other type of murders". I know only of one type of murder and that is a murder.
"I want to get a bill to the Governor's desk...". Did you hear that moms? We actually did get a bill...we DID SOMETHING. There will be no more deadly shootings in MA thanks to this bill and your retard kids will not kill themselves ever again. What a douche.

Thanks for posting. I was out and missed it.

Fired from my HTC One with high capacity storage

Fact is LTC is here to stay. Beyond that if you have an ltc I dont think they are saying it will be negated. The way I read it and im not a lawyer was it would have live fire portion in the class not a firing test. Hell if they had a firing test most police would flunk and probably the same percentage of ltc holders.

Sent from the blind

Actually have worked in 3 different cities as civilian employee at police departments and you'd be stunned (maybe not!) at how friggin awful many of them shoot....also know MANY cops and LEOs.....believe me, most of us here are MUCH more proficient (AND SAFER!!) with our firearms, as we shoot regularly, we enjoy it (versus having to feel the pressure of qualifying for your bosses or feeling pressured that you simply have to go along with your coworkers even though you can't stand their arrogant cop attitudes!!)....
Plus, and maybe reason #1 which would you choose: a Friday evening at the shooting range with your fat "buddy" d*ckhead Sergeant (Carter) or a $75 per hour "detail" at The Harp on Causeway St. or one of the clubs on Lansdowne literally overflowing with smoking hot babes, ALL of whom loooooove cops, etc etc ?? [wink]

PLEASE everyone, don't rest...Keep the pressure up on them....Keep calling...Keep emailing....Keep keep keep the pressure on until the ENTIRE process on this bill runs its course. Otherwise we all go home tonite, "hoping" we made a difference, and tomorrow the State House phones are silent. The vermin there will assume we've all "gone away" or "back in hiding" as they feel we do...

Then they'll let this thing languish til the week of the 4th, and on Thursday July 3rd at 4pm it'll come out for a vote.
And when we all wake up hungover on Monday, there was an "emergency preamble" stating that ALL LTCs in MA are now for target and hunting only.

Yes, I'm being sarcastic, but does ANYONE here think that something like this is NOT even a possibility here in the CommonPuke of LiberChusetts? Give them the opportunity and they'd go door to door and enter your homes themselves, on a Tuesday, when you're working, and loot your house of every firearm that they could find. (Except the 9mm's, of course, since they know those will be going the way of the 8-track player pretty soon - obsolete - since the Commander in Chief is probably planning on having the Department of Health and Human Services or whatever buy up a half million more rounds one of these weeks...."for training purposes", of course! [laugh] )

PLEASE DON'T LAY BACK NOW AND "SEE WHERE THIS ALL GOES"!!! PLEASE KEEP THE PRESSURE ON THEM! TELL YOUR FRIENDS, TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO CALL CALL CALL AND WRITE TOO!!!
I CERTAINLY WILL!
YOU TOO?

What are the cliff notes for those curious?

My (extremely brief) summary:

There was a good showing of gun owners opposed to the bill. They pointed out specific Sections numbers of the most troublesome provisions, and provided specific facts and data to back up their assertions. Jim Wallace kicked ass, both with his testimony, and with his answers to the questions he was asked. I particularly liked his points on suitability, and how letting EOPS and MCOPA determine suitability standards is utterly ridiculous. There was a panel of 4 reps that also made great points, including the last guy who listed out a whole bunch of misdemeanors that would disqualify someone from getting an LTC under the new law. Exploding golf balls, ha!

The bill supporters did their usual song and dance about "gun safety" and "the children". There was very little said about the actual bill, other than that it was "comprehensive". One group was trying to shoehorn some "safe schools" stuff from a completely unrelated bill into this one, they had a panel of 6 or 7, including a baby.

Some of the committee members asked some very good questions of the bill's supporters that shone a light on their BS, such as the one rep whose name escapes me that pointed out that MA does in fact record all firearms transactions already, and that people who fail to report transfers are already committing a crime, so why aren't we prosecuting them?

I think that the best we can hope for at this point is getting some of the really bad provisions removed (expansion of suitability to FIDs, private sales at dealers, >1 year misdemeanor LTC disqualifier, AG control over approved firearms roster, etc.) Hopefully the committee got the message that these provisions (and others) just won't do any good, and will just harm lawful gun owners.

Last edited:
My (extremely brief) summary:

There was a good showing of gun owners opposed to the bill. They pointed out specific Sections numbers of the most troublesome provisions, and provided specific facts and data to back up their assertions. Jim Wallace kicked ass, both with his testimony, and with his answers to the questions he was asked. I particularly liked his points on suitability, and how letting EOPS and MCOPA determine suitability standards is utterly ridiculous. There was a panel of 4 reps that also made great points, including the last guy who listed out a whole bunch of misdemeanors that would disqualify someone from getting an LTC under the new law. Exploding golf balls, ha!

The bill supporters did their usual song and dance about "gun safety" and "the children". There was very little said about the actual bill, other than that it was "comprehensive". One group was trying to shoehorn some "safe schools" stuff from a completely unrelated bill into this one, they had a panel of 6 or 7, including a baby.

Some of the committee members asked some very good questions of the bill's supporters that shone a light on their BS, such as the one rep whose name escapes me that pointed out that MA does in fact record all firearms transactions already.

I think that the best we can hope for at this point is getting some of the really bad provisions removed (expansion of suitability to FIDs, private sales at dealers, >1 year misdemeanor LTC disqualifier, AG control over approved firearms roster, etc.) Hopefully the committee got the message that these provisions (and others) just won't do any good, and will just harm lawful gun owners.

Thank you.

Did they mention when voting on this actual bill will take place? I am guessing sooner rather than later??

And enough of the crap with these kids and babies. Oh man, I want to punch them all in the face.

Thank you.

Did they mention when voting on this actual bill will take place? I am guessing sooner rather than later??

And enough of the crap with these kids and babies. Oh man, I want to punch them all in the face.

They didn't say. My guess is there is no set date for a vote yet.

Another thing someone pointed out - all of the "mental health" and "school safety" provisions in the current bill are unfunded mandates. The bill does not provide for any funding for any of the programs the bill would create.

Another thing someone pointed out - all of the "mental health" and "school safety" provisions in the current bill are unfunded mandates. The bill does not provide for any funding for any of the programs the bill would create.

That's never stopped them before.

I testified around 6 pm. I got to add in a story about how basically my life was saved due to a friend legally carrying a concealed handgun. It seemed to peak their interest at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom